• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

semi-rumor: complete Dissidia: FF villain list

soul

a Japanese poster reached the internets, and a closer look revealed all the villains that will participate in the game. most of these chars aren't officially confirmed yet by S-E which is why I wrote 'semi rumor'.

clean poster
edited poster

Full list as of March 2:

FF1 - Warrior of Light, Garland
FF2 - Firion, Emperor Palemecia
FF3 - Cloud of Darkness
FF4 - Golbez
FF5 - Exdeath
FF6 - Kefka
FF7 - Sephiroth
FF8 - Squall, Ultimecia
FF9 - Zidane, Kuja
FF10 - Tidus, Jecht

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
soul said:
FF7 - Sephiroth
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sors immanis
Et inanis
Sors immanis
Et inanis

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias,
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

replayy said:
Jecht? He's not even a villain really, Seymour would be the better choice for X imo.
Seymour can't fight. Jecht + Sin transforming = Do it Square.

TAFKAA

Banned
Seiken said:
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sors immanis
Et inanis
Sors immanis
Et inanis

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias,
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias,
Ne me mori facias

Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sephiroth
best ever

Datrio

PolyGone said:
I looked at your edited poster, but where the hell is Golbez, exactly? :/
Between Chaos's legs?

Also, anyone can actually make out Jecht? Sephiroth is easy, Ultimecia too, but Jecht... I don't really see him on that poster.

SantaC

so not that dude from FF12? The game's story was so forgettable that I already forgot his name.

Yoshichan

SantaC said:
so not that dude from FF12? The game's story was so forgettable that I already forgot his name.
How could you possibly forget THE Vayne Carudas Solidor?!

SantaC said:

Vayne, and since his final form was super sweet looking (best final boss design ever... maybe!) so he better make the cut

Edit: SO is there a rule that I have to say BEATEN or can I choose to ignore the poster above me and pretend I was first. Well just so I don't get banned for not following some unknown rule.... BEATEN!!! Curse you Seiken and your speedy typing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, are there people really saying the end of FFXII was not fucking retarded? Wow. I guess it takes all kinds.

Yoshichan

thetrin said:
Wait, are there people really saying the end of FFXII was not fucking retarded? Wow. I guess it takes all kinds.
It was an opening for the DS game.

I hope the roster is bigger than this - just a single hero and a single villain from each game would be disappointing, more so if it doesn't include 12 or a few of the spinoffs (this game is about nutty fanservice already so I wouldn't mind some of the characters from Advent Children or Dirge of Cerberus).

batbeg

The game isn't meant to cover up to FFXII, people. And it isn't a Super Smash Bros type game either, it's more focused on exaggerated moves and what seems to be one-on-one combat.

And I'm still incredibly disappointed by this roster. The entire series' representation is odd - why two games from each game? Do that many people care about having "Warrior of Light" instead of, say, multiple characters from other games? I don't like the one hero, one villain system :-\

Disappointed with Jecht, but to be honest I would've been disappointed with anything from FFX. Also sad at the lack of FFT, which would have been baaaaallin'.

Yoshichan

HamPster PamPster said:
Edit: SO is there a rule that I have to say BEATEN or can I choose to ignore the poster above me and pretend I was first. Well just so I don't get banned for not following some unknown rule.... BEATEN!!! Curse you Seiken and your speedy typing.
:lol :lol

Narcosis

if there's oonly 2 characters repping each game that'll suck. I mean....Tidus over Auron for FFX?
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

thetrin said:

yeah...wasn't that bad...many games have had worse endings. Mind explaining you reasoning...?

plus...vaynes final designs were far better than many previous final bosses in FF....FFX sin was particularly crap

Anyway, the list is great....this game is actually looking...good? Pretty surprised

near

Gold Member
Vaxadrin said:
What's Dissidia? Is it like Smash Brother's for Square?

I'd like to know as well. So far all I know is that its a "dramatic progressive action" what ever that means. I hope theres a good story to this, thats the main reason why I buy Square games.

Pellham

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
yeah...wasn't that bad...many games have had worse endings. Mind explaining you reasoning...?

plus...vaynes final designs were far better than many previous final bosses in FF....FFX sin was particularly crap

Anyway, the list is great....this game is actually looking...good? Pretty surprised

It's just some pathetic gaf hivemind to hate on FF12's ending. Ignore them.

Teknoman

Golbez ftw.

230px-DS_Golbez.jpg

In thinking back on this, I think that not only are the characters in that poster unclear, but it's also just a goddamn poster, people. This doesn't even qualify as a rumor, it's speculation based on early promo materials.

Top Bottom