• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate won't vote on House Trumpcare bill, will instead draft a whole new bill

Cool Americans, come to Canada.
Leave the purity tests behind

Shitbricks who want this or other fun associated with the leaders of what is reminiscent of a pee pee soaked heck hole -- have at. By all means.

You guys and your leadership have a long way to go. Stay strong!

Boke1879

Ryan Struyk
@ryanstruyk
GOP Senators so far:

Heller: "will not support"
Portman: "I don't support"
Cruz: "should continue to improve"
Hatch: "manage expectations"

2:43pm · 4 May 2017 · TweetDeck

All subject to change of course.

Zips

The Republicans will push something through. If reconciliation is still an option, I'm sure they all realize they need to push through something by the deadline for that process or they'll be dead in the water without nuking the filibuster here too.

It might come down to the wire, but the holdouts will cave once the deadline is imminent.

They will try to land on something that they think they can fool enough of their base into believing won't fuck them over (e.g. impacts they can blame on other things and obscure), but they will push whatever they have through by the deadline.

They must have set a speed record for cucking trump and that's saying something.

Now R reps in blue or purple districts are on the hot seat for no reason.

27th dimensional chess.

Pass it, motherfuckers and I will pour every ounce of my being into making sure those who voted to repeal it lose their seats in 2018. Try me, try us.

antonz

So I don't get it. Why are they celebrating, knowing it would be DOA in the Senate? Surely they knew there were no plans to take it further, as this thread implies. If it's dead, what is there to gain?

The House looks out for the House. They do not care what happens next. They "voted to repeal" If the Senate fucks it up they just blame the Senate

Armaros

Considering th HFC has already publically stated they will not accept anything other then then the bill that just left the House. (Aka any moderatation is out)

A moderate senate bill instantly gets the HFC as No votes.

Ragnarok

I'm so fucking tired of all these "L" memes. They are arrogant and ignorant to the reality of the situation. It's very dire and you should be frightened, not taking part in some weird schadenfreude. Something terrible is likely to come from this and then all the unfumny memes in the world won't make it better.

I'm so fucking tired of all these "L" memes. They are arrogant and ignorant to the reality of the situation. It's very dire and you should be frightened, not taking part in some weird schadenfreude. Something terrible is likely to come from this and then all the unfumny memes in the world won't make it better.
Stop trying to squash the little humor and gloating we can do in these next few years lol

We can be frightened and aware of how terrible something is while still using L's to describe Republican fuckups

C.Mongler

This is some delightful political theater the GOP just put on. By delightful I mean absolutely terrifying, but good show nonetheless. Basically the House voted and passed their Obamacare repeal legislation, which their brainless base will lap up. The Senate will probably never go anywhere with this effort, and as such, Republican constituents will never actually have to live through the deadly ramifications of this bill passing. All the while Trump and top Republicans will be spinning the lie-cog of "See? We tried to fix healthcare, but the Democrats wanted to play partisan politics", which once again, their base will eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It will possibly give them some serious momentum in 2018. If that's the play here, I'm a bit frightened for how this will all turn out; this certainly doesn't feel like a 'Huzzah, no AHCA after all!' moment to me.

Something more terrible than undoing decades of protections for citizens and having our elections decided by espionage of foreign hostile countries? Yeah, that's very unlikely.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
jpCnmsd.png

We gotta do it yall.

What would his palace be?

I'm not convinced the Senate won't pass this. All these people stating it's just theater and screaming about "Ls" - same happened when Trump won, same happened when House passed this bill.

I think it's good to be rational, but let's not just celebrate and assume it's not happening. It very well could.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm not convinced the Senate won't pass this. All these people stating it's just theater and screaming about "Ls" - same happened when Trump won, same happened when House passed this bill.

I think it's good to be rational, but let's not just celebrate and assume it's not happening. It very well could.
Yeah, I won't feel relief until it dies completely. As long as this thing is still bouncing around in some form, I'm not going to celebrate any victory.

JohnsonUT

Agree completely. Certain powerful people are way too invested and will continue pushing this until it goes through.

Top Bottom