• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senators plan to introduce federal medical marijuana bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Git

Come on America, legalise this shit already! We don't have a change in hell of getting weed legalised in the UK, even though it should be due to financial benefits alone!

Lead the way so the UK will follow.

Regardless of whether the US legalised it, that wouldn't change UK Conservative's perception and thus any legislation. If that were already a pattern we'd have medical marijuana here already, rather than a series of research papers loudly reporting the negative effects of smoking weed. There would need to be widespread political endorsement for legalisation to happen here and it will just never happen. Conservative MPs and voters would never go for it, they're too busy riding the war on drugs rhetoric.

Regardless of whether the US legalised it, that wouldn't change UK Conservative's perception and thus any legislation. If that were already a pattern we'd have medical marijuana here already, rather than a series of research papers loudly reporting the negative effects of smoking weed. There would need to be widespread political endorsement for legalisation to happen here and it will just never happen. Conservative MPs and voters would never go for it, they're too busy riding the war on drugs rhetoric.

The Tories probably won't be in government in about eight weeks, so there's definitely hope.

phanphare

Banned
Why is your friend self-medicating, and why are you trying to?

well for me personally I'd much rather smoke some weed than take any pharmaceutical drug for my anxiety. I'm not a fan of pharmaceutical drugs period. so for me it'd be a nice choice to legally have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom