• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senbatsu 2017 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Koshien)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more for Houtoku. That wild pitch just now. Geez.

19-0.

Edit: And another 2.

21-0.

Edit 3: Game over. Final score 21-0, Houtoku victory.

Beckx

Holy shit. Is Houtoku that good or was this a bit unexpected?

it's a freakish result, but indicates more that the region Taijimi came from is really weak. Houtoku is not a top tier school but as eigokokoyakyu notes they do have players that made the Japan U-15 team.

they get the winner of last night's third game, so it will be interesting to see if they come down to earth.

Tonight's first game will have Fukuokadai Oohori, eigokokoyakyu's pick to make best 4 out of the block. The last game has Sapporo Dai-itchi, continuing a string of multiple years with me not able to watch the Hokkaido team because they get the late game.

Beckx

it looks like the weather's good today, so games should resume at the top of the hour (8pm ET (9am Japan time))

Group B finishes in games 1 & 2:

Soushi Gakuen (Okayama) v Fukuokadai Oohori (Fukuoka)
Toukaidai Ichihara Bouyou (Chiba) v Shiga Gakuen (Shiga)

and we get the start of group C in the third game:

Kendai Takasaki (Gunma) v Sapporo Dai-ichi (Hokkaido)

Fukuokadai Oohori is eigokokoyakyu's pick to win group B. Kendai Takasaki is favored over Sapporo Dai-ichi but (in my sleep) I'll be rooting for Sapporo Dai-ichi to score the upset.

Beckx

first game team grades from the app; fairly comparable except edge in pitching to Fukuokadai Oohori; defense to Soushi Gakuen.

C7euYhMXkAA8qRH.jpg

Monumma

Has anyone tried the vods this year? Do they work? I just came back home and I really need to sleep. I cant afford to go sleepless tomorrow.

Has anyone tried the vods this year? Do they work? I just came back home and I really need to sleep. I cant afford to go sleepless tomorrow.

Yeah, they've been working for me on both firefox and chrome, but the quality is worse than the live broadcasts are (for me).

Beckx

man i really liked how Miura was down 3-0, came back with a two seamer at 139 to get a strike, then an off speed pitch for a pop up.

a lot of good movement on his pitches.

Beckx

So now Soushi puts their ace in and he can hit 141, why wasn't he in?

HAITAA!

so maybe it's because he grooves fastballs

Beckx

Between his defense, bad luck, and getting plunked in the pitching elbow, Miura had to work for that. Good game, you can see why they are favored in B block but their weaknesses were obvious.

Beckx

I was playing Mass Effect all night. Anything from last night worth watching a replay of?

First game was fun to watch Miura pitch but not necessarily tense.

Second game is a big pitching duel & worth watching.

Third game was a blowout.

Beckx

Today's games finish out the first round in C block, the first game in particular should be exciting

Fukui Koudai Fukui (Fukui) v Sendai Ikuei (Miyagi)
Takada Shougyou (Nara) v Shuugakukan (Kumamoto)
Sakushin Gakuin (Tochigi) v Teikyou Dai-go (Ehime)

Sendai Ikuei is a perennially strong competitor, we'll have to see how good they are this year. I want to see Fukui's fall schedule to see who they beat.

Tomorrow is the marquee (Kiyomiya) day but let's not get ahead of ourselves. :D

Edit: one of the songs from those Snow app ads is stuck in my head now. please help

Beckx

Cloudy but it looks like the weather will hold, Fukui Koudai Fukui v Sendai Ikuei up at the top of the hour!

Beckx

It's good to watch Sendai Ikuei play. It doesn't feel like I've seen rhem since that Sato/Ogasawara duel in the summer final a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom