• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Sengoku Basara (sequel) confirmed for the Wii

xfactor

Banned
Dec 27, 2004
They mentioned about Capcom cooperating with Nintendo to push Monster Hunter 3 outside of Japan, so I take it as a hint that localizing isn't totally out of the question....yet

Sohter.Nura

Dec 6, 2008
Is it exclusive or PS2 port is coming?

I think Sengoku Basara can perform very well on the Wii...

... if they don't freaking port it over to the PS2 :p

[Nintex]

Jun 21, 2005
The Netherlands
www.n1ntendo.nl

Capcom probably waited for MH3 sales before they made this announcement. :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Sohter.Nura said:
Is it exclusive or PS2 port is coming?

I think Sengoku Basara can perform very well on the Wii...

... if they don't freaking port it over to the PS2 :p

I would imagine it is exclusive if they did a press announcement.

distantmantra

Jun 9, 2004
Seattle, WA
I'm guessing this will show up in tonight's Famitsu leak.

Bummer, I was hoping this would make it to an HD console, just for all the craziness that could be happening all at once on the screen.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oct 9, 2007
Both SB3 and SW3 on Wii. What a world.

Hopefully we get a localization this time.

JDSN

Banned
Sep 13, 2006
Saint10118 said:
Ironic given the discussion going on in the media create thread.

What? Its doing bad?

Flying_Phoenix said:
See Nintendo now THIS is how you build relations with third parties such as Capcom (unlike the Gamecube days).

They lend money to them, they co-develop Zelda games with them through Flagship, the Capcom 5 deal was made although it was a failure at some levels. The only thing they have done this gen is selling a shitload of Wiis and getting Tri, they did a good job back them, but Capcom has always done its own thing, which seems to be working great.

Aug 28, 2008
JDSN said:
They lend money to them, they co-develop Zelda games with them through Flagship, the Capcom 5 deal was made although it was a failure at some levels. The only thing they have done this gen is selling a shitload of Wiis and getting Tri, they did a good job back them, but Capcom has always done its own thing, which seems to be working great.

Did any of those things get worthwhile exclusives on their console? All I can think of is REmake.

JDSN

Banned
Sep 13, 2006
Flying_Phoenix said:
Did any of those things get worthwhile exclusives on their console? All I can think of is REmake.

Hence the "Capcom does its own thing" comment, Nintendo tried hard last gen to lure pubs like Capcom and Namco, going as far as lending their own franchises so they could make some piece of shit games that sell relatively good. Now that the tables have they are just going to the biggest selling in terms of franchises.

Aug 28, 2008
JDSN said:
Hence the "Capcom does its own thing" comment, Nintendo tried hard last gen to lure pubs like Capcom and Namco, going as far as lending their own franchises so they could make some piece of shit games that sell relatively good. Now that the tables have they are just going to the biggest selling in terms of franchises.

Capcom does what makes them money.

Feb 28, 2009
How big is SB in Japan? Would this likely increase console sales for a week when it releases?

Either way, this is pretty cool. Hope it gets localized.

SilverLunar

Oct 6, 2008
Never played the series, and i was just about to leave but i got curios about:

Netto-kun said:
...This... What did i just watch??:lol :lol :lol they are like samurais and riding horses, why are they mentioning guns ??:lol :lol :lol

distantmantra

Jun 9, 2004
Seattle, WA
cosmicblizzard said:
How big is SB in Japan? Would this likely increase console sales for a week when it releases?

It's popular, the first two did quite well on the PS2 the PSP portable title sold a nice amount, but nowhere near Monster Hunter levels.

Feb 28, 2009
distantmantra said:
It's popular, the first two did quite well on the PS2 the PSP portable title sold a nice amount, but nowhere near Monster Hunter levels.

Works for me. Capcom actually making an effort on Wii is definitely a good thing.

Sad_Panda

May 2, 2006
France
No next-gen Sengoku Basara 3 definitely makes me a sad panda >_> didn'y Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes Wii bomb horribly hard ?
Oh well, still importing it day one, but disappointed.

Aug 28, 2008
Sad_Panda said:
No next-gen Sengoku Basara 3 definitely makes me a sad panda >_> didn'y Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes Wii bomb horribly hard ?
Oh well, still importing it day one, but disappointed.

Sad_Panda said:
Sad_Panda
(Today, 11:36 PM)
Reply | Quote

May 14, 2008
SilverLunar said:
...This... What did i just watch??:lol :lol :lol they are like samurais and riding horses, why are they mentioning guns ??:lol :lol :lol
There are also swordfights which cause nuclear explosions.