• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara (sequel) confirmed for the Wii

xfactor

Banned
They mentioned about Capcom cooperating with Nintendo to push Monster Hunter 3 outside of Japan, so I take it as a hint that localizing isn't totally out of the question....yet

Is it exclusive or PS2 port is coming?

I think Sengoku Basara can perform very well on the Wii...

... if they don't freaking port it over to the PS2 :p

[Nintex]

dsi_iwata_asks_vol7_20.jpg

Capcom probably waited for MH3 sales before they made this announcement. :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Sohter.Nura said:
Is it exclusive or PS2 port is coming?

I think Sengoku Basara can perform very well on the Wii...

... if they don't freaking port it over to the PS2 :p

I would imagine it is exclusive if they did a press announcement.

I'm guessing this will show up in tonight's Famitsu leak.

Bummer, I was hoping this would make it to an HD console, just for all the craziness that could be happening all at once on the screen.

vareon

UNDER THE RADAR I'M REACHING FOR THE SKY

Loved SB2 Heroes, can't wait for the next one. Will import if I have to.

JDSN

Banned
Saint10118 said:
Ironic given the discussion going on in the media create thread.

What? Its doing bad?

Flying_Phoenix said:
See Nintendo now THIS is how you build relations with third parties such as Capcom (unlike the Gamecube days).

They lend money to them, they co-develop Zelda games with them through Flagship, the Capcom 5 deal was made although it was a failure at some levels. The only thing they have done this gen is selling a shitload of Wiis and getting Tri, they did a good job back them, but Capcom has always done its own thing, which seems to be working great.

JDSN said:
They lend money to them, they co-develop Zelda games with them through Flagship, the Capcom 5 deal was made although it was a failure at some levels. The only thing they have done this gen is selling a shitload of Wiis and getting Tri, they did a good job back them, but Capcom has always done its own thing, which seems to be working great.

Did any of those things get worthwhile exclusives on their console? All I can think of is REmake.

JDSN

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
Did any of those things get worthwhile exclusives on their console? All I can think of is REmake.

Hence the "Capcom does its own thing" comment, Nintendo tried hard last gen to lure pubs like Capcom and Namco, going as far as lending their own franchises so they could make some piece of shit games that sell relatively good. Now that the tables have they are just going to the biggest selling in terms of franchises.

JDSN said:
Hence the "Capcom does its own thing" comment, Nintendo tried hard last gen to lure pubs like Capcom and Namco, going as far as lending their own franchises so they could make some piece of shit games that sell relatively good. Now that the tables have they are just going to the biggest selling in terms of franchises.

Capcom does what makes them money.

How big is SB in Japan? Would this likely increase console sales for a week when it releases?

Either way, this is pretty cool. Hope it gets localized.

cosmicblizzard said:
How big is SB in Japan? Would this likely increase console sales for a week when it releases?

It's popular, the first two did quite well on the PS2 the PSP portable title sold a nice amount, but nowhere near Monster Hunter levels.

distantmantra said:
It's popular, the first two did quite well on the PS2 the PSP portable title sold a nice amount, but nowhere near Monster Hunter levels.

Works for me. Capcom actually making an effort on Wii is definitely a good thing.

Sad_Panda

No next-gen Sengoku Basara 3 definitely makes me a sad panda >_> didn'y Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes Wii bomb horribly hard ?
Oh well, still importing it day one, but disappointed.

SilverLunar said:
...This... What did i just watch??:lol :lol :lol they are like samurais and riding horses, why are they mentioning guns ??:lol :lol :lol
There are also swordfights which cause nuclear explosions.

Top Bottom