• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

kingfey

Banned
Yup, the minute Ryan released that statement a few weeks ago, I was just saying to myself 'this won't end well'.

Not one week later we had the unfair dismissal claim with other sexism claims and now we have this....

Once again I will repeat that I think PlayStation leadership from the bottom to top apart from a few people like Shu should be all cleared out and management should return to Japan.

They are asking for trouble with their base in California and staffed by Americans and Europeans. They're not even doing a passable job with the actual business anyway.
Passionate job ended since the depression in 2008. Its just scummy people in power now.

Its why everything these days is shit. And miserable.

Skifi28

Waiting Jim Ryan defense force.
It was Jim's fault...wait no, I mean leave Jim alone you animals!!

SNSB0yW.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

This is the most random thing I've seen for the day.
Thought there would be more evidences when I checked the Twitter.
The YouTube channel seems like a parody channel to me.
Also if the guy in the video doesn't provide evidences he maybe sued for defamation of character.
This

Jim Ryan commenting on Activision :messenger_tears_of_joy: Positions of power attract a lot of abusers, this is known. That’s why you should keep your nose out and focus on your own house.
Critical thinking is hard.

There difference between an employee breaking the law, which you were completely unware of, and your whole company permitting a culture of unsavory behavior.

How would Ryan be responsible for this behavior? Is he suppose to have personal investigators for all his employees? He doesnt have a PS9 yet.
Cn2A.gif

DeaDPo0L84

People are blaming Sony/ Jim Ryan and comparing this to Activision.

That's pretty stupid.

I don't know why this even has to be said.
People become tribalistic instead of think logically when it comes to videogames. This obviously is an issue concerning one man in particular but because he works for a videogame company it will be 100% for some people all about Playstation vs Xbox vs Etc...

MrA

Banned
Waiting Jim Ryan defense force.
The thing here is that if this isn't on sonys watch or in their institution they aren't at fault. Someone can be a predator after hours, if the company doesn't know, firing the guy when they find out is all the need to do.
That said. If the behavior appeared at work, then they have some explaining to do.

People are blaming Sony/ Jim Ryan and comparing this to Activision.

That's pretty stupid.

I don't know why this even has to be said.
Man, Sony could commit genocide and you'd defend them wouldn't you

Bryank75

Banned
The amount of idiots connecting this to Sony somehow is crazy.

Video games do rot your brain.

I might just have to quote them all in one go and just say “stupid“, needs to be said at this point.

It's the outcome of many very poor decisions.... moving HQ to California was one of the biggest parts, poor leadership in the form of Jim Ryan is another.... releasing a condemnation of Activision when you have no idea about how clean your own Org is, is moronic.... several other pieces of this jigsaw too.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Critical thinking is hard.

There difference between an employee breaking the law, which you were completely unware of, and your whole company permitting a culture of unsavory behavior.

How would Ryan be responsible for this behavior? Is he suppose to have personal investigators for all his employees? He doesnt have a PS9 yet.
Cn2A.gif
Yeah completely different, the tea ladies at Activision deserve to be tarred with the same brush as the higher ups - fucking sexual predators man. This is fine though, just a rogue pedo.

envyzeal

As a pediatrician who worked on mental health institution (I'm Brazilian by the way), I saw that a lot. That doesn't mean we must accept or think "it is what it is" we should and mut get disgusted by it every time it happens.
Still, I'm no policeman, so there's no way to say if this is true or not. I see that (for now) as an personal issue, but if it's proved to be true, Sony must act fast, because then (an in my opinion, only then) it'll become a company issue and what kind of message they send to their consumers.

DaGwaphics

I guess we'll know soon if there are legitimate messages exchanged here that are incriminating. Either way, somebody is in hot water over this.

Skifi28

I just think people are going to deservedly rub this in the people's faces who felt the need to boast about Jim Ryan's comments because to many of us, it was perceived as a publicity stunt. Same goes for Spencer's comments.
Exactly, people are just having a laugh with the state of the industry and the virtue signaling where everybody throws rocks at their own glass house.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait to see a Jim Ryan memo to employees about sexual abuse first thing Monday morning.

Dont be a coward Jim. Easy to grill external people. Now lets see some balls to educate the masses about internal employees doing shady things.

Last edited:

tmlDan

It's the outcome of many very poor decisions.... moving HQ to California was one of the biggest parts, poor leadership in the form of Jim Ryan is another.... releasing a condemnation of Activision when you have no idea about how clean your own Org is, is moronic.... several other pieces of this jigsaw too.
The fact that you're blaming jim ryan for something totally unrelated to him makes you really fucking moronic.

you've lost your damn mind.

People hold dark shit in themselves and it's disgusting, but sadly more common than people think.

envyzeal

I don't think one thing has any relation to the other. A company as big as Sony (or Nintendo, Apple, Microsoft...) can't ever be sure everyone is clean, but they have a role to play, specially being one of the big industry leading names. In some occasions you just have to make a statement, because silent can be as harmful as a bad behaviour.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I just think people are going to deservedly rub this in the people's faces who felt the need to boast about Jim Ryan's comments because to many of us, it was perceived as a publicity stunt. Same goes for Spencer's comments.

"Deservedly rub"

No, there's a difference. Jim Ryan's obligation is to make sure there's a safe work environment for all his employees. Jim Ryan cannot control what people do outside the work environment, he can only control what happens within the work environment. Comparing this to Activision to absolutely stupid since the people at Activision knew the work environment was not safe and they refused to do anything about it for a long period of time. That is something the people at Activision can monitor and control.

MrA

Banned
Everyone has their own dark story. No matter how sweet that person is, there a chance, that they might hiding a heinous act from their past.

Diego Maradona, a beloved soccer player, was forcing little girls on himself.

This shit is the same now. These bastards have money and power. They aren't afraid of laws, when they can pay their ways out.
By all accounts Fred Rogers was the exact man behind the camera as he was in front of it.
Looks like twitter thread's being updated with messages and some more info.

FFypg5vVEAMLjmH
Well that escalated quickly

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yup, the minute Ryan released that statement a few weeks ago, I was just saying to myself 'this won't end well'.

Not one week later we had the unfair dismissal claim with other sexism claims and now we have this....

Once again I will repeat that I think PlayStation leadership from the bottom to top apart from a few people like Shu should be all cleared out and management should return to Japan.

They are asking for trouble with their base in California and staffed by Americans and Europeans. They're not even doing a passable job with the actual business anyway.
Everyone saw this coming. This goes for any company that went the brownie point PR route bashing Activision. MS is in the same boat. As if corporations with probably 100,000 employees each are all mother teresas.

If some shady stuff happens at car companies among execs, do the execs at other car companies tell the world a competing exec are sketchy? I dont see it. If some execs at Pepsi do wacky things, do the execs at Coke and Dr Pepper try to use the opportunity to curate a PR statement? Nope. But for gaming, there's always this urge for some kind of world podium PR (internal and external) like game companies are half gaming and half politics.

Just to show how stupid it is. If Activision culture and Kotick are so shameful, then Sony and MS just stop selling their products to prove a point they dont deal with nonsense. Nope. They have no problem selling millions of copies of Vanguard and Diablo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom