• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Sevyne

I have Burst and the Vita one and have played neither.
But I can still say with certainty the one with the green hair is the best.

First things first; Play the games. They're great.

And secondly;

a7a.gif

Agreed!

Chrom

It's a character specific sidequest from Shinovi Versus, iirc. At least I'm pretty sure that I've seen it ingame, and I have yet to buy Bon Appétit.

Ah, hello flohen. It's nice to see you again here.

Who's your favorite?

flohen95

Ah, hello flohen. It's nice to see you again here.

Who's your favorite?
Hey! :D

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I don't really deal in absolutes when it comes to stuff like this. Generally, I'm leaning towards the Hanzō cast, as they were the first ones I encountered playing an SK game for the first time, and that usually influences my liking when it comes to video game characters, be it in SK or in any other game. And if I really had to choose one, I'd probably say Ikaruga - but it's not really clear-cut. There's too many good characters to choose from.

I don't remember if it's ever been asked before or not, but in the event that Marvelous Europe (or even Xseed) get to interview Takaki with fan questions again, I hope someone will ask him on his thoughts about Senran Kagura and the PC platform.

Im going to Winter Brawl 9 this weekend and if Tom Lee is there again for the first Last Round tournament im going to ask him about the DOA x SK cross over that was teased.

Still on that Hikage Hype Train. Kinda Katsuragi almost tying for first.

But I'll never care enough about specific characters to remember their birthdays. What the hell people lol

Chrom

Im going to Winter Brawl 9 this weekend and if Tom Lee is there again for the first Last Round tournament im going to ask him about the DOA x SK cross over that was teased.

I'm not familiar with Winter Brawl or Tom Lee, but that sounds interesting. I hope you'll find your answer.

We should take a tally of everyone whose getting the game on PS4 and make a NeoGAF tournament bracket for PVP.

I'm not familiar with Winter Brawl or Tom Lee, but that sounds interesting. I hope you'll find your answer.

Tom Lee is the producer on Dead or Alive. Winter Brawl is a fighting game tournament thats considered a Major on the east coast.

http://bigegaming.com/

Chrom

Hey! :D

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I don't really deal in absolutes when it comes to stuff like this. Generally, I'm leaning towards the Hanzō cast, as they were the first ones I encountered playing an SK game for the first time, and that usually influences my liking when it comes to video game characters, be it in SK or in any other game. And if I really had to choose one, I'd probably say Ikaruga - but it's not really clear-cut. There's too many good characters to choose from.

I see what you mean. I certainly feel the most attached overall towards the Hanzō girls as a group because, game-wise, they're the ones whom I've invested the most in. In truth, I've not even played the Hebijo story in Burst yet, so I naturally tend to associate Senran Kagura with the Hanzō girls more than any other party. Without a doubt Ikaruga is my favorite of that bunch as a character, but I like playing as Asuka the most.

joe2187

Banned
The title of the thread makes me angry, because it reminds me of Yumi and her stupid cuteness shtick.

it's terrible and so is she.

Oh, that's cool. Are you actually going there to participate or to spectate? Either way that seems like it'll be a lot of fun.

I help run Dead or Alive brackets and pools for my buddies tournament (also a Major) and Eric is a sponsor of our tournament. I go to all his events when I can to promote his. FGC is a really tight knit group. We're all like family.

New Wave needs localized and a physical release. I tried playing the Mobagi version and now my email gets spammed like 8 emails a day I cant read... :\

..There are way more ninjas in this series than I thought. I bought that special edition of Versus when it launched, but my Vita was stolen the week before so I never really had the chance to give this series a go. :(

Are all of those girls in the OP really in the later games? Wow.

Chrom

I help run Dead or Alive brackets and pools for my buddies tournament (also a Major) and Eric is a sponsor of our tournament. I go to all his events when I can to promote his. FGC is a really tight knit group. We're all like family.

Hey, that's awesome. Community is a great thing.

Chrom

..There are way more ninjas in this series than I thought. I bought that special edition of Versus when it launched, but my Vita was stolen the week before so I never really had the chance to give this series a go. :(

In fairness, a lot of them were mass-produced for a mobile game and for all intents and purposes do not have the same pedigree as the characters who appear in the main games. That's how I see it, anyway.

Most of them are from NewWave, the (Japanese-only) mobile game mentioned in the OP.

Playable characters, per mainline game:

-
xPjqwkD.jpg
-
+ (Unlockable)

+ (Unlockable)

-
V4erNsQ.jpg
-
Playable: Burst Roster + (DLC)
NPCs:
gCMtHFQ.jpg

-
hLqL2rj.jpg
-
Burst Roster +

-
71acqAp.jpg
btsCpGf.jpg
-
Shinovi Versus Roster +

All of the rest are only in New Wave.

Chrom

Really looking forward to finding out what Hanzo's wife is like
How does she put up with him

Hanzo hasn't even been seen in Estival Versus thus far, has he? I hope he appears too, if only to see his interactions with Sayuri, both young and old, haha.

Future

Down to buy the vita version. Not down to have notifications broadcasted to the world in my sweet taste in games. Are there easy methods to block psn notifications for this game only or do I have to turn them off the vita altogether

neohwa

Legit question: Why play these games when you have vastly superior beat-em-up games like the Musou and Ninja Gaiden games? If you like the cloth breaking mechanics then Fist of the North Star Musou games are much more impressive than these.

If you're going for the girls, then the Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA selections are much better. Actually all the Musou games' girls are much better. Not to mention all those PC games that will be unnamed that you can get elsewhere are much better........

If you like the anime girls talking about some stuff as a plot, then Final Fantasy, Tales, Atelier games are better. Even Hyperdimension are better and more funny.

So what is the appeal of this series?

joe2187

Banned
Legit question: Why play these games when you have vastly superior beat-em-up games like the Musou and Ninja Gaiden games? If you like the cloth breaking mechanics then Fist of the North Star Musou games are much more impressive than these.

If you're going for the girls, then the Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA selections are much better. Actually all the Musou games' girls are much better. Not to mention all those PC games that will be unnamed that you can get elsewhere are much better........

If you like the anime girls talking about some stuff as a plot, then Final Fantasy, Tales, Atelier games are better. Even Hyperdimension are better and more funny.

first of all, calling the Fist of the North star musous good is highly questionable.

There are few traditional modern beat-em ups on the market, I'll take what I can get.

Why cant I play NG, Tekken and DOA as well as SK? why do I have to chose one or the other?

It plays well, and it's fun.

and boobs.

TP

I play them for the girls and comedy

I disagree about the selection in Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA being better

but even if I didn't disagree i'm not so strapped for time or money that I only have to pick the "superior" series

NGB is my favorite action game but if I only stuck to "the best" i'd never have played MGR, Splatterhouse 2010, GoW 2, or even NG2

and that would have been a damn shame

Sevyne

Well those are your opinions (ones that not everyone shares with you), but it would be appreciated if you didn't make it sound like a fact.

Also, why does anybody have to choose between those and this? Do you only play 1 game of a genre and that's it or something?

Top Bottom