• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

Vylash

e44b9203.jpg

Disclaimer: This Official Thread was written and designed by Junior Member, DigitalHitmann, all responsibility is therefore forwarded onto them. Any questions, comments or concerns should be redirected to the above stated. The original poster is merely posting as a courtesy due to lack of posting privileges that conflicted with the release of the title and Official Thread. Thank you for understanding. Without further adieu, welcome to a game of Life and Hometown...

Title: Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Platforms: Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita
MSRP: 59.99$ (Playstation 4) / 39.99$ (Playstation Vita) / Special Editions Available
Region: SEA / Cero
Release Date: March 26th, 2015
Rating: Cero D 17+

6lvLi3s.png

Official Websites*:
Senran Kagura Portal
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Kenichiro Taka Official Twitter

*Links herein may contain content not suitable for work place environments [NSFW] or those with a lack of Life and Hometown knowledge.

PTMhMWM.png

Various preorder incentives have been offered by retailer. There are over 10+ individual, unique, preorder bonuses of physical goods from posters to wallscrolls, and even mousepads. Below you can find an assortment of a select few. We do not endorse, nor are we sponsored by any of the following:

Chara-Ani
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=D14B00025

Joshin
http://joshinweb.jp/game/27072/4535506302328.html

Neowing
http://www.neowing.co.jp/tokuten/games_PLJM-80046

Additionally, first run copies of the game recieve a two disc soundtrack, a 52-page artbook showing concept art and character bios, as well as a Kafuru (PS4) or Hanabi (PSV) Ultra Rare card for use in Senran Kagura New Wave, a mobile game published by Gree & Mobage. You can also get a Super Rare card for use in Marvelous Games' DxD New Fight game for Playstation Vita.

http://senrankagura.marv.jp/series/k...cret_file.html

nkWI49N.png

*Addtional images available on Senran Kagura website.

sHsWFnK.png

"The story of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus revolves around the twins, Ryona and Ryobi, who encounter their sister Ryoki, who was supposed to be deceased. The game’s latest video shows exactly how they meet, and the beginning of the eight days they’ll never forget."

"Beginning with the very starting point of the game, showing the twin sisters Ryona and Ryobi looking like they’re about to pay a visit to the grave of their deceased sister, Ryoki. As they approach, they notice a little gathering around a bon fire, where a group of girls appear to be holding some sort of ceremony, with some female spirits appearing out of mysterious purple flames."

"The old lady is then heard sending off one of the spirits. The twins are shocked when they see the spirit of their older sister Ryoki, prompting Ryona to jump in to tell the old lady to leave her alone."

"Ryoki then gets sealed into a coffin, which glows then follows up with an explosion, leaving the two girls on their own. Ryona seems to have a bit of a masochistic side to her, as she exclaims that she enjoyed the pain like none other, and wants to do it again. The two get blasted away, but are determined to reunite with their sister, so they decide to go towards the bright light."

-Introduction provided by Siliconera.

HoEA7bD.png

lRY1tbL.png

PfDCvHw.png

Transformation:

Throwing their Shinobi scrolls into the air, the girls undergo a transformation similar to Sailor Moon. This unlocks the ability to use their nippon arts. Each art requires a certain amount of scrolls denoted by the icons next to their portrait and health bar.

Senran-Kagura-Estival-Versus_2015_01-19-15_009.jpg_600.jpg

Updated Dressing Room:

The Dressing Room, where you can change your costumes and communicate with the girls, has been powered up. In addition to new costumes, all the costumes from the previous game have also been renewed. And in addition to “rub” and “tear,” new “whisk,” “pinch,” and “pull” interactions have been added, as well.

Senran-Kagura-Estival-Versus_2015_01-19-15_012.jpg_600.jpg

Costume Break:

As the girls take considerable damage, their costumes begin to break and shred revealing their undergarments, lingerie, and bikinis. In Estival Versus, when the girls get wet, their undergarments also show through their costumes unlike in previous titles.

dDaLD0G.jpg

Photo Mode:

In Estival Versus, you will be able to pick five characters that appear on your home screen. You can swap them in an out at your leisure as well as dress them in different attire from costumes, to undergarments, to lingerie. Additionally, you can pose them in various stages, poses, and facial expressions.

0JxWPRx.jpg

Purupuru Finish:

Complete costume destruction has been added as part of the new system “Purupuru Finish.” Purupuru Finishes are invoked under specific conditions, and will let you enjoy various situations such as slipping on soap, crashing into an octopus trap, or getting caught in a cherry tree.

-Some Gameplay information provided by Gematsu.

wX9Sr0X.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAwe0Kh9RQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQXRujNJ080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQXRujNJ080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP3t21qoAvk

XTZdl31.png

We would like to express our thanks and gratitude towards both Marvelous Games and Kenichiro Taka for creating and publishing such wonderful games with beautiful artwork. Without you, our visions of Life and Hometown would be dull and uneventful.

Thank you to xSeed for publishing previous Senran Kagura games in the United States and Europe, we hope to see you on the bandwagon for Estival Versus some time in the near future.

Additionally, I want to personally thank CureVylash for helping me post my first, of hopefully many, Official Threads as well as everyone from the Senran Kagura Community Thread who gave me input on all the custom banners I made and helped me shape this OT to what it is.

====================================================

CureVylash note: As for the thread title...

Wow that's mean. Don't kick any Senrans into soccer nets please.
Except maybe Yumi. Yumi deserves to be bullied, and only her.
Also, Yumi getting bodied at the end, yessssssss
Yumi is bad.

Eat it, Puruzi

tumblr_inline_ndo27plRfK1rdv606.gif

Nice OT, I can't wait for the game to come out for PS4 in English. I'm definitely jealous of anyone that is playing the JP version.

Mirai is the best girl.

And as usual: Hometown > Life

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's worth mentioning that (unless it's an unlockable), you can't have more than one of the same character at the same time for the photo mode.

Maid

Banned
That thread title is worthy a thousand subscriptions.

Wait, why does Play-Asia not mention any of the first print bonuses. Are they for specific retailers only or all first print copies will have that?

Sir TapTap

That thread title is worthy a thousand subscriptions.

Wait, why does Play-Asia not mention any of the first print bonuses. Are they for specific retailers only or all first print copies will have that?

There's a wealth of optional specific retailer bonuses I completely ignored. It was getting to be Watch Dogs Chart.jpg level when you consider both SKUs + LEs + bonuses. Pretty silly

Maid

Banned
There's a wealth of optional specific retailer bonuses I completely ignored. It was getting to be Watch Dogs Chart.jpg level when you consider both SKUs + LEs + bonuses. Pretty silly

I actually just aim for that artbook mentioned here. Didn't know about it since I pre-ordered from PA, and on their page there is no mentioning of such bonuses anywhere..

Additionally, first run copies of the game recieve a two disc soundtrack, a 52-page artbook showing concept art and character bios, as well as a Kafuru (PS4) or Hanabi (PSV) Ultra Rare card for use in Senran Kagura New Wave, a mobile game published by Gree & Mobage. You can also get a Super Rare card for use in Marvelous Games' DxD New Fight game for Playstation Vita.

Risette

A Good Citizen
how import friendly is this? are the menus easy to navigate? thinking of selling bloodborne and importing this

Great job on the OT. Really looking forward to this, but at the same time my backlog's bigger than Murasaki's
dress
so I'm fine with waiting for the localisation. Day 1 when the PS4 version's released here.

CureVylash note: As for the thread title...

Eat it, Puruzi
This is glorious. In Yumi we trust.

Maid

Banned
how import friendly is this? are the menus easy to navigate? thinking of selling bloodborne and importing this

It's simple, and easy to understand, aside from the story, that is. There is not much to learn, and it's kinda easy to master, too.

Puruzi on blast. I cannot accept the Yumi bullying though.

Great OT either way Cure. Looking forward to seeing more of the game.

Thoraxes

Yumi is tied for my numba 3.

Probably gonna import the PS4 version. Looks exponentially better than the Vita version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Have this pre-ordered for PS4 and Vita.

And call me crazy, but if I don't get a shipping notification by tomorrow morning, I am totally buying this digitally on one of the platforms so I can play it this weekend. ^_^; Play-Asia is currently saying it will be in stock on 3/27 and PS4 already is pre-sold out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i've just been informed that this game has an online pass in 2015, lol
Are you serious? I can't believe they didn't get enough backlash from SV's online pass, & this was back when games were still doing online passes.

Thank goodness Xseed will most likely remove it when this eventually gets localized.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Fuck it, I just loaded up my PSN wallet with 7000 yen. Downloading the Vita version and now I can wait for any delays.

MetalDeer

I hope this gets localized soon! Luckily, I don't even own a PS4 right now, so that might make the wait a little less painful.

Top Bottom