• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

Demoskinos

So question. Is there any options to adjust the screen display? The bottom of the screen is cutting off for me. I haven't found anything yet. Not like...vital seeing as I can't read any of it and can only really pick out a few words on my own spoken but still would be nice.

Theonik

So question. Is there any options to adjust the screen display? The bottom of the screen is cutting off for me. I haven't found anything yet. Not like...vital seeing as I can't read any of it and can only really pick out a few words on my own spoken but still would be nice.
Turn off your TV's overscan.

Demoskinos

Hmmm how do you switch to other schools of girls in the locker room? I can only seem to use the gessen girls in the locker room.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Impressions after more play time with the Vita version:

-Updated to 1.02. Not seeing a difference in framerate. It seems to fluctuate depending on the stage. The beach level is the worst in this regard. Everything is still very playable, though.

-Stages from Shinovi Versus are reused. There's more detail and/or new background objects here and there, but it's still kind of disappointing to see this kind of laziness going on.

-Estival Versus plays slower than the other versions of the game. Senran Kagura 2 in particular feels much faster in comparison.

-This game is very much a direct sequel to Shinovi Versus gameplay-wise. The extra abilities/stances from SK2 are not present. Instead there are some new moves/combos and chargeable attacks. Some characters can charge square and triangle attacks.

-You can now wall-run and can bounce off walls and into enemies.

-The difference in character speeds is much more noticeable now. Some of the characters with heavier weapons are slow and lumbering but very powerful. This may turn some players off.

-There's a new mechanic when doing air chains, with R+O. If you have a partner with you, you can do a crazy auto air combo on multiple enemies with a cinematic finish.

-There does not seem to be a way to switch between partners. Instead, when someone is with you, you can command them to attack or do the aforementioned air move. Did not see anything about dual supers, which SK2 has, in the tutorial levels.

-Another new addition are various types of bombs. You can pick one up at a time and they have different properties besides exploding times, such as one that freezes enemies in place.

-Like SK2, all of the stages now have three difficulty levels selectable right from the start.

-Confirmation that an English version is coming already? The game icon has English text and all of the trophies are in English.

-The visuals are noticeably better than Shinovi Versus, particularly the backgrounds. Maybe this sounds like a weird thing to notice, but the ground textures are much better overall. Character animations have been improved and the "hometown" is now bouncy in addition to "life."

-Asuka's grandma is quite well-endowed and yes, bouncy. Uh...good for the geriatric-loving fans, I guess...?

-Some of the shinobi transformations are ridiculously lewd, even for Senran Kagura. I don't know how they are going to top this in future games, lol. Senran Kagura 2 is ridiculously tame in comparison to this.

-There's menus all over the place. You have the main menu, then another menu with multiple options, then another menu with multiple options after loading up the story mode. The latter is where you can select levels, customize characters, and all the other familiar stuff from the other games.

-Unless something is unlocked, I'm not seeing any individual character story levels. In fact, the game now just goes from character to character with everything being one big story. There is another mode with stages to select, but everything is locked, with clear conditions listed.

That's all for tonight. Hopefully the PS4 version will arrive tomorrow; really interested in seeing how much smoother the game will play at 60 FPS and the increased amount of enemies on-screen.

Demoskinos

Katsu is a bad influence......

CBEpavTUQAA8L3_.jpg:orig

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Subscribed.

Money jsut arrived on my bank account i can now get this game . Wait for me murakumo !!!

My man!

I get paid next week but now I'm unsure on whether I should buy this or wait for the NA version. I'm so conflicted. T_T

Maid

Banned
My man!

I get paid next week but now I'm unsure on whether I should buy this or wait for the NA version. I'm so conflicted. T_T

Usually how of the licensing problem when the game has collab with anime franchise? I only remember we can't have the Code Geass costumes DLC in Tales because of thing like that, so it could be we won't have Ikkitousen DLC in the NA version.

Again, I'm just asking, so that's all speculation on my part.

Josephl64

anime licensing is usually much harder than just regular game character licensing so it often gets dropped...who knows in the end what will happen though?

Demoskinos

I am almost 100% certain you should be able to turn off overscan.

I've done research on this before and the only way to change it on the model I have (KDL-32L4000) which I think is like from 2008 is to go into the actual service menu which sounds kind of dicey if you don't actually know what your doing. The real solution here is for me to just buy a new modern TV which. I might just do with my tax return this year. The thing is its usually not an issue because most games either use the internal scaler on the PS4 or have an in game option to scale the screen.

kiryogi

Banned

-Updated to 1.02. Not seeing a difference in framerate. It seems to fluctuate depending on the stage. The beach level is the worst in this regard. Everything is still very playable, though.

-Stages from Shinovi Versus are reused. There's more detail and/or new background objects here and there, but it's still kind of disappointing to see this kind of laziness going on.

-Estival Versus plays slower than the other versions of the game. Senran Kagura 2 in particular feels much faster in comparison.

-This game is very much a direct sequel to Shinovi Versus gameplay-wise. The extra abilities/stances from SK2 are not present. Instead there are some new moves/combos and chargeable attacks. Some characters can charge square and triangle attacks.

-You can now wall-run and can bounce off walls and into enemies.

-The difference in character speeds is much more noticeable now. Some of the characters with heavier weapons are slow and lumbering but very powerful. This may turn some players off.

-There's a new mechanic when doing air chains, with R+O. If you have a partner with you, you can do a crazy auto air combo on multiple enemies with a cinematic finish.

-There does not seem to be a way to switch between partners. Instead, when someone is with you, you can command them to attack or do the aforementioned air move. Did not see anything about dual supers, which SK2 has, in the tutorial levels.

-Another new addition are various types of bombs. You can pick one up at a time and they have different properties besides exploding times, such as one that freezes enemies in place.

-Like SK2, all of the stages now have three difficulty levels selectable right from the start.

-Confirmation that an English version is coming already? The game icon has English text and all of the trophies are in English.

-The visuals are noticeably better than Shinovi Versus, particularly the backgrounds. Maybe this sounds like a weird thing to notice, but the ground textures are much better overall. Character animations have been improved and the "hometown" is now bouncy in addition to "life."

-Asuka's grandma is quite well-endowed and yes, bouncy. Uh...good for the geriatric-loving fans, I guess...?

-Some of the shinobi transformations are ridiculously lewd, even for Senran Kagura. I don't know how they are going to top this in future games, lol. Senran Kagura 2 is ridiculously tame in comparison to this.

-There's menus all over the place. You have the main menu, then another menu with multiple options, then another menu with multiple options after loading up the story mode. The latter is where you can select levels, customize characters, and all the other familiar stuff from the other games.

-Unless something is unlocked, I'm not seeing any individual character story levels. In fact, the game now just goes from character to character with everything being one big story. There is another mode with stages to select, but everything is locked, with clear conditions listed.

That's all for tonight. Hopefully the PS4 version will arrive tomorrow; really interested in seeing how much smoother the game will play at 60 FPS and the increased amount of enemies on-screen.

So SK2 remains king in combat in other words. Hearing that it's slower than Shinovi and SK2 is a little disheartening.

Theonik

I've done research on this before and the only way to change it on the model I have (KDL-32L4000) which I think is like from 2008 is to go into the actual service menu which sounds kind of dicey if you don't actually know what your doing. The real solution here is for me to just buy a new modern TV which. I might just do with my tax return this year. The thing is its usually not an issue because most games either use the internal scaler on the PS4 or have an in game option to scale the screen.
Good thing that link is from 2008 :p

Maid

Banned
So SK2 remains king in combat in other words. Hearing that it's slower than Shinovi and SK2 is a little disheartening.

From what I have seen it's that slower than previous games though. Could be the difference in speed between characters?

Risette

A Good Citizen
is the listing for this removed from amiami? was going to combine it with my edf4.1 preorder but i can't find it

Maid

Banned
i1Gl5PP.png

Nooo! You can't do this to me, FedEx.
Do they work on weekend?

is the listing for this removed from amiami? was going to combine it with my edf4.1 preorder but i can't find it

You have to find them on the Japanese side. I tried to find them when using English interface and can't find them anywhere, but they do exist when using JP interface. You need to search for it in JP, though.

Josephl64

i1Gl5PP.png

Nooo! You can't do this to me, FedEx.
Do they work on weekend?

You have to find them on the Japanese side. I tried to find them when using English interface and can't find them anywhere, but they do exist when using JP interface. You need to search for it in JP, though.

they're all sold out anyways.

Also I'm worried since my shipping said it should have arrived at my forwarding service yesterday, but my forwarding service didn't say they have it yet...how long should I wait 2 days before messaging?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

SK2 has the best combat mechanics, IMO. I also miss the grappling hook mechanic from that game.

From what I have seen it's that slower than previous games though. Could be the difference in speed between characters?

That's what we're saying...it's a slower game. Character speeds are more noticeable now but it's still slower, even eith the faster characters. I am wondering if the PS4 version feels different. Will have my copy today to find out.

Wow, thanks for all the detailed impressions.
Seems really good and a bit disappointing at the same time.

Definitely the best way to sum it up.

My man!

Well you know we share the same tastes. i know this will cost me too much importing and i don't care about the psysical box , so i went digital.

10.9+gb & and a 2gb update... downloading.....

Demoskinos

Any combat improvements?

Might be some small things. When you get knocked down now you can ukemi now into a dodge or press an attack button to do a wakeup attack. Don't remember that from SV.

A lot of characters have had their movesets and specials tweaked. For example Yumi can now throw her fans all kitana style off of her dashing attack. So lots of little tweaks.

As already said the pacing is a bit different as well. Also three difficulty settings and even the trash mobs can be pretty dangerous on the hardest setting for anyone really wanting a challenge.

Maid

Banned
That's what we're saying...it's a slower game. Character speeds are more noticeable now but it's still slower, even eith the faster characters. I am wondering if the PS4 version feels different. Will have my copy today to find out.

Sorry, was missing a word. I meant "not that slower".

lonely

Okay so I'm in the UK, Fedex gets my PS4 NyuNyu pack to France then decides it needs to be sent over to Germany instead. WTF!

lonely

It's pain in the ass, but there's no need for concern, this happened to me several months back, I'm sure it will get back there on the weekend and be off to Stansted.

Oh, and if I could ask, where did you order from? it must have been dispatched pretty damn fast to have landed in Europe already! : D

I was a chump and ordered from Play Asia. Cost more than other places but at least they sent it out on the 25th. Its been in Germany since yesterday evening though and I haven't had an update since about 6am this morning, which is why I'm annoyed.

Theres a guy on Twitter asking me about the game but I dont have it yet so I cant answer his question. He said hes running into a problem where he cant progress in the story of the game when playing as Renka. Theres a pop up that comes up but he doesnt know what to do. Anyone at this point yet?

I was a chump and ordered from Play Asia. Cost more than other places but at least they sent it out on the 25th. Its been in Germany since yesterday evening though and I haven't had an update since about 6am this morning, which is why I'm annoyed.

I ordered from Play Asia and they billed me but havent even shipped it yet...

Demoskinos

Theres a guy on Twitter asking me about the game but I dont have it yet so I cant answer his question. He said hes running into a problem where he cant progress in the story of the game when playing as Renka. Theres a pop up that comes up but he doesnt know what to do. Anyone at this point yet?

Is he fighting against Yumi? Because if he is that is the ukemi tutorial. Tell him to get hit by Yumi and press the button indicated when knocked on the ground.

Josephl64

I just experienced the opposite, I haven't gotten billed yet but Ebten shipped it out

Is he fighting against Yumi? Because if he is that is the ukemi tutorial. Tell him to get hit by Yumi and press the button indicated when knocked on the ground.

I forwarded it to him and ill get back to you when he replies.

Weird. My stuff shipped yesterday, and I bought from PA, too. The problem is it's stuck at customs or some shit now.

Ive never had a problem with them so im not going to go into panic mode yet. If I dont get it by next week though or atleast a order shipped email, thats when ill panic.

I actually got audited by customs and USPS for importing too much I guess. They asked for all the invoices and expected delivery dates. I basically told them none of their damn business.

I just experienced the opposite, I haven't gotten billed yet but Ebten shipped it out

I bought the Ebten LE's through PA. Im wondering if they had to order them from Ebten first just to resend them to me. That'd be weird, but not too far fetched.

Ninja Edit: I wonder if that means ill get Ebtens preorder bonus and PA's if they have one. o_O

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I bought the Ebten LE's through PA. Im wondering if they had to order them from Ebten first just to resend them to me. That'd be weird, but not too far fetched.

Ninja Edit: I wonder if that means ill get Ebtens preorder bonus and PA's if they have one. o_O

Yep, that's how Play-Asia gets exclusives, and also probably why you'll have to wait a little longer if ordering a specific retailer version from them. They basically act as a middle man, or proxy, for retailers that don't ship outside of Japan/Asia. So, they have to order from Ebten, wait for it to arrive, then bundle it and send it to you.

Yep, that's how Play-Asia gets exclusives, and also probably why you'll have to wait a little longer if ordering a specific retailer version from them. They basically act as a middle man, or proxy, for retailers that don't ship outside of Japan/Asia. So, they have to order from Ebten, wait for it to arrive, then bundle it and send it to you.

So chances are I wont get my copy next week... beautiful...

muteki

Thanks for the impressions. I've never played the 3DS games so I don't think I will be missing much. I enjoyed SV1's combat enough and watching some streams it seems like it has been expanded a bit. My only worry is it doesn't look like the mobs are that aggressive but perhaps I have just been watching early levels/lower difficulties. The new transformations and specials are much improved.

My copy from PA is somewhere between HK and here...Fed Ex tells me it will be here next tuesday. Between that and SRW it will be a busy week.

Top Bottom