• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

As much as I would hate to triple dip, I might just buy the digital version so I can play it this weekend. Atleast on Vita maybe since it should be a little bit cheaper. Im not that strong of willed when it comes to SK, as youve probably all have noticed by now.

Rocky

Banned
I ordered both LE versions from amiami. Wow what great service. They shipped from Japan on 3/25 and arrived this morning. I can't wait to get home from work and check them out tonight.

Demoskinos

As much as I would hate to triple dip, I might just buy the digital version so I can play it this weekend. Atleast on Vita maybe since it should be a little bit cheaper. Im not that strong of willed when it comes to SK, as youve probably all have noticed by now.

I feel ya. That's why I downloaded the PS4 version yesterday.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I ordered both LE versions from amiami. Wow what great service. They shipped from Japan on 3/25 and arrived this morning. I can't wait to get home from work and check them out tonight.

Nice. They're super reliable, and almost always the cheapest option available. Mine shipped out from AmiAmi a few days ago, but I went with SAL, so I'll be waiting. I figured I didn't mind watching streams in envy while I waited.

Sir TapTap

!!! I hope my order arrived today. Is there any way to track EMS after it leaves japan? Their international thing only tells me that it left japan and no updates beyond that

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
!!! I hope my order arrived today. Is there any way to track EMS after it leaves japan? Their international thing only tells me that it left japan and no updates beyond that

Both EMS and SAL tracking are just delayed, SAL moreso. They both track well into the States, so it doesn't just end once the package leaves Japan.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got my physical copies (plus One Piece KM3!) from Play-Asia. Received what appear to be two artbooks as well. I guess that was a pre-order thing.

Lyte Edge

That's what I did, in a moment of insanity, and the games ended up arriving today. Eh, I've wasted $60 on worse things over a weekend.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So considering Xseed was able to bring over the Akiba's Trip DLC based on stuff like Di Gi Charat, NIS games, & Super Sonico, think there's a good chance they'll be able to bring over the DLC characters once EV is confirmed for the US? Heck, maybe Marvelous already talked with Tecmo & whoever owns Ikki Tousen and they got the rights to release it in all regions.

Sir TapTap

Both EMS and SAL tracking are just delayed, SAL moreso. They both track well into the States, so it doesn't just end once the package leaves Japan.

Oh, I see. I guess I just had bad luck when checking before. It was at chicago yesterday. Wonder if it could have arrived today.

So considering Xseed was able to bring over the Akiba's Trip DLC based on stuff like Di Gi Charat, NIS games, & Super Sonico, think there's a good chance they'll be able to bring over the DLC characters once EV is confirmed for the US? Heck, maybe Marvelous already talked with Tecmo & whoever owns Ikki Tousen and they got the rights to release it in all regions.

There's Super Sonico stuff in Akiba's Trip? Sold.

But yes I would think Xseed will do everything they can to bring the full content.

Rocky

Banned

I put my EMS tracking number into the USPS website and I got the remaining tracking info right up to delivery.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So considering Xseed was able to bring over the Akiba's Trip DLC based on stuff like Di Gi Charat, NIS games, & Super Sonico, think there's a good chance they'll be able to bring over the DLC characters once EV is confirmed for the US?

I don't see why not. The partnership deal with Tecmo included SK costumes to be released internationally for DOA5, so I'm sure it was reciprocal. And as for Ikkitousen, your examples show XSEED's ability to maintain the rights to distribution for similar goodies.

Would like to see this announced for localization soon. Been watching PS4 streams, looking good and players seem to be encountering challenging fights. Though perhaps the rush to get through content has them encountering fights at lower kevels than they might otherwise.

I am also not above noting that I find the improved (and often emphasized) hometown to be very agreeable.

Got my physical copies (plus One Piece KM3!) from Play-Asia. Received what appear to be two artbooks as well. I guess that was a pre-order thing.

Which LE did you order? The one labeled Ebten or the regular? The more I ask and see about peoples shipments I think the reason mine hasnt shipped yet is cause theyre the middleman for Ebten and have to get them from their warehouse first. Kind of bothers me that they would do that without explicitly saying, like hey youre ordering from another store through us, so its gonna take longer, but we'll give you this preorder bonus for waiting kinda thing. Who knows, maybe it does say that... ill check.

Edit: Checked the page, doesnt say anything about it.

Is Akiba's Trip worth playing? Would you pay full retail (49.99 I think) for it or wait for it on sale? How would you rate it on a scale of 10? Whats are some pros an cons? My GS has one copy. Everytime im there I look at it and put it back.

Rocky

Banned
Had no idea you could do that. It's still 50 miles away so I doubt it'll be here today. Oh well

Neither did I until I tried it a little while ago. The EMS tracking showed it had arrived in the US and it was processing at Delivery Post Office, so I pulled up usps.com and put the number in to see what it would say, and it showed delivered.

Awesome, subbed. I'm going to get back on Shinovi Versus once P4G is done.

EDIT: May have to re-evaluate my plan. I'm 22 hours into P4G, HowLongToBeat says 85 1/2 hours D-:

Life and hometown await you. Do not miss this opportunity.

Last edited by OptimusLime Today at 11:28 AM. Reason: Change of plans

Lmao.

Lyte Edge

Which LE did you order? The one labeled Ebten or the regular? The more I ask and see about peoples shipments I think the reason mine hasnt shipped yet is cause theyre the middleman for Ebten and have to get them from their warehouse first. Kind of bothers me that they would do that without explicitly saying, like hey youre ordering from another store through us, so its gonna take longer, but we'll give you this preorder bonus for waiting kinda thing. Who knows, maybe it does say that... ill check.

Edit: Checked the page, doesnt say anything about it.

I didn't order any LEs. Just the regular editions. Am hoping to find all those little figures or the LEs on the cheap next time I'm in Japan.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Awesome, subbed. I'm going to get back on Shinovi Versus once P4G is done.

EDIT: May have to re-evaluate my plan. I'm 22 hours into P4G, HowLongToBeat says 85 1/2 hours D-:

lol, yeah, you're not even close. P4G will take at least 60 hours to complete your first time through, and typically much longer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's Super Sonico stuff in Akiba's Trip? Sold.

But yes I would think Xseed will do everything they can to bring the full content.
Yeah, it's a free DLC pack where you get her character model, clothing, & guitar. It's included on the disc with the rest of the DLC (both paid & free) on PS4.

Is Akiba's Trip worth playing? Would you pay full retail (49.99 I think) for it or wait for it on sale? How would you rate it on a scale of 10? Whats are some pros an cons? My GS has one copy. Everytime im there I look at it and put it back.
I got the Vita version at launch for portability, and while the combat is a bit clunky at times (especially depending on which weapon you use, i.e the heavier stuff), I still enjoyed it for the setting, characters, & humor relating to otaku-ism. Plus there's a few different endings depending on your choices (which the game nicely will tell you if it affects the ending you get after beating it the first time). & I found the length (assuming you skip dialogue & sidequests during replays) a decent length where going for said endings doesn't feel as big of a chore if you're doing it on the easier settings.

PS4 seems to be the "definitive" version for $40. I would say for around $20-$25 for PS3 or Vita, then maybe $35ish for PS4. If I had to give it a rating, maybe a 7/10 or 3/5. I'd say it's meant for those who can appreciate what Akihabara is & its culture.

& it's not as pervy as people made it out to be. I'd say when fighting people, I stripped an equal, if not a bit more amount of men than woman, & aside from some pics from stripping certain characters/bosses, it's not really "sexy". & Xseed even added some of those strip pictures to include men characters, so it's pretty 50/50.

Sir TapTap

Few Japanese games are as pervy as western press make them out to be. I was kind of staggered by how tame Gal Gun actually is. BTW, Akiba's Trip is coming to PC, I'll probably be getting that one unless something is weird about it like no Sonico DLC

lol, yeah, you're not even close. P4G will take at least 60 hours to complete your first time through, and typically much longer.

Glad I quit after an hour then

Sir TapTap

To be fair, Gal Gun on 360 got censored/tamed down thanks to a patch, then when it got ported to PS3, it was the original, uncensored version. Think that's why the sequel is Sony-only.

Oh, wow that's...kind of ridiculously unreasonable. The game is still really, really tame compared to western complaints about it even without that patch IMO. You're doing worse stuff within 20 minutes in God of War 2.

They announced platforms on Gal Gun 2? Not surprised they're skipping Xbox...the only surprise is how many JP games were Xbox only in the first place, what a weirdass gen.

Demoskinos

Oh, wow that's...kind of ridiculously unreasonable. The game is still really, really tame compared to western complaints about it even without that patch IMO. You're doing worse stuff within 20 minutes in God of War 2.

They announced platforms on Gal Gun 2? Not surprised they're skipping Xbox...the only surprise is how many JP games were Xbox only in the first place, what a weirdass gen.

If you think that is bad you should see some of the censor jobs of echhi anime series when they air on TV in japan they sometimes literally cover half the screen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Double Peace is coming to Vita & PS4. Though I guess I should steer the OT back on topic.

Think there's a chance the DLC characters will get a story mode as well? The change from "each school gets its own story" to (from what I've heard) "one big story where you keep switching characters" seems like a nice switch-up, so maybe if you get all of them/bundle, you get a new story. Or at the very least, similar to Daidouji & Rin in SV.

Sir TapTap

I can't be on topic until my game comes, lol. I guess it might be tomorrow if USPS does saturday deliveries.

Are there still no mini-guides to understanding the menu?

I can't be on topic until my game comes, lol. I guess it might be tomorrow if USPS does saturday deliveries.

Play Asia partners with a website called Shoengamez or something like that, should be a link to it on Play Asia. They do menu translations. They did one for Dragon Ball and One Piece so im sure they will do one for SK too. As embarrassing as it is for me to say with how much I love Dragon Ball, I have neglected Xenoverse pretty badly. I bought it day one, got the season pass for it, was super excited. Sat down to play it. Didnt realize how grind heavy it was. The game is actually really, really challenging. I need to take time off from it and go back to it at some point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ShonenGameZ only does translations for Shonen Jump-based games, I think (DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, J-Stars Victory Vs., etc.) since that's the focus of the site. They still do a good job, though.

Eolz

So, how is the book with the first print issues?
Similar to SV's american LE, or more than that?

There is a lot of "YMMV" with morality here, but I think the main issue is more about the age of those characters than just being a game with perverted content. I do agree with questioning the morality scale of violence vs sexual content though.

Demoskinos

Took a few screenshots so I can make a mini-guide for people.

CBHq7yKW4AAJbsK.jpg

MAIN MENU
1. Single Player Mode
2. Online
3. Dressing Room
4.Records
5.Options
6.Data Management
CBHrC5kVIAAVGiD.jpg

SINGLE PLAYER MENU
(going from left to right)

1.Missions
2.Dressing Room
3.Library
4.Shop
5.Faction Select (you select a character and it displays that faction on the SP menu)
6.Records
7.Options

OPTIONS MENU

PAGE 1:
CBHrH4NWQAABoeM.jpg

1.Music Volume
2.Sound Effects Volume
3.Voice Volume
4.System Voice Select
5.Reset to Default
6.Confirm Settings

PAGE 2:
CBHrOF8VAAEWLD-.jpg

1. Invert Y Axis (On/Off)
2. Invert X Axis (On/Off)
3. Center Camera with R1+R2 (On/Off)
4. Rumble (On/Off)
5. Reset to Default
6. Confirm Settings

Page 3:
CBHrT4UXEAAVQCm.jpg

1. Skip Story Scenes (On/Off)
2.Costume Damage (On/Off)
3. Changed costume’s reflection/application in Dressing Room (on/off)
4. Set accessories' reflection/application in Dressing Room (on/off)
5. Display Enemy Health Bars (On/Off)
6. Reset to Default
7. Confirm Settings

Top Bottom