• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Limited Edition Announced (Q1 2016)

L.O.R.D

KILL YUMI

RAI5174.jpg

Kthulhu

Day 1 for me on PS4, of course I am still rather annoyed that NA continues to get terrible LEs of these games....

It's the most ironic shit in the world. We sexualize shit almost as much if not more than Japan. Why do they think we can't handle it?

It's the most ironic shit in the world. We sexualize shit almost as much if not more than Japan. Why do they think we can't handle it?

I believe they said in the past that they are afraid they wouldn't have the market or distribution in the US to do it. Claiming that since they don't have a online store like Marvelous EU they can't do it.

I don't think it has anything to do with what you think it is. Otherwise they wouldn't even sell the game here.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

america has 30 times the tabloid-quality local news stations with "consumer watchdog" reporters

The LEs are only sold online directly through Marvelous in EU, XSEED could do that but it requires manpower which they don't have. I really don't see why it would be problematic to ship a Daki together with the game in the US, so that's not the problem.

NoKisum

If the game has cross save, I might double dip. Going physical on Vita, and digital on PS4, if the limited edition extras are exactly the same.

FHIZ

Wonder if the 3/15 date will stick though Xseed does seem to say "don't believe a date until we announce it" a lot.

Now if only Best Buy would put up the link so I can get that GCU discount. (and Gravity Rush remastered while they're at it too)

Wonder if the 3/15 date will stick though Xseed does seem to say "don't believe a date until we announce it" a lot.

Now if only Best Buy would put up the link so I can get that GCU discount. (and Gravity Rush remastered while they're at it too)

Gravity Rush Remastered is amazon exclusive as far as I know

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Waiting for GCU as well, though GR Remastered is Amazon exclusive, from what I've heard.

I take back what I said earlier in this thread. Day 1 no matter what.

To those of you who have ordered limited editions of games from GameStop, how has their packaging been?
Picked up in the store? Fine, box is always in great shape.

Ordered online? I wouldn't know, I have patience issues. If it's a physical release and I can pick it up down the street, I'm not waiting for the mail buggy.

Aske

I was on the fence about this game, but then I learned that a bunch of Ikki Tousen characters were added to the game as DLC. Ryofu's gameplay video sold me - she looks incredibly fun, and I love me some Ikki Tousen. Do we know if there will be any irritating licensing issues that might prevent the western release getting the DLC?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was on the fence about this game, but then I learned that a bunch of Ikki Tousen characters were added to the game as DLC. Ryofu's gameplay video sold me - she looks incredibly fun, and I love me some Ikki Tousen. Do we know if there will be any irritating licensing issues that might prevent the western release getting the DLC?
Sadly, Xseed has confirmed that the US (& EU) will NOT get the Ikki Tousen characters because of said licensing issues. We will still get the other DLC characters, including Ayane from Dead or Alive.

Speaking of characters, the disc/cartridge will have version 1.06 on it, but there'll be a day one update for 1.17 which will add Daidouji & Rin among a bunch of other stuff like more multiplayer maps.

Edit: If a Japanese player is using one of the 3 Ikki girls & is playing against an US or EU player, the US/EU player will see them as a reskinned character, but the reskins also won't be available to download. No idea what the reskins even look like at the moment.

Aske

That's lousy. Stuff like that blows my mind - the way licensing of properties are still regionally restricted in this kind of way in 2016. What a shame.

Kthulhu

Is there a preorder on PSN?

Sadly, Xseed has confirmed that the US (& EU) will NOT get the Ikki Tousen characters because of said licensing issues. We will still get the other DLC characters, including Ayane from Dead or Alive.

Speaking of characters, the disc/cartridge will have version 1.06 on it, but there'll be a day one update for 1.17 which will add Daidouji & Rin among a bunch of other stuff like more multiplayer maps.

Edit: If a Japanese player is using one of the 3 Ikki girls & is playing against an US or EU player, the US/EU player will see them as a reskinned character, but the reskins also won't be available to download. No idea what the reskins even look like at the moment.

How the hell can they get the licence in Japan but not in the west?

bobawesome

Picked up in the store? Fine, box is always in great shape.

Ordered online? I wouldn't know, I have patience issues. If it's a physical release and I can pick it up down the street, I'm not waiting for the mail buggy.

Yeah, I meant online. I prefer buying games this way rather than in person. Amazon isn't really an option for limited editions of games since they seem to send everything in bubble mailers.

Top Bottom