• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Peach Ball – Western Release, Summer 2019

Senran Kagura: Peach Ball for the Nintendo Switch has been announced for the West, with a release currently set for Summer 2019. The game is a pinball spin-off of the similarly named 3D-action series.

The North American version will retail at $39.99 and will be available digitally and Physically through select retailers. Unfortunately, it’s digital-only in the UK, Europe, and Australia.

- Gematsu Article
- Xseed Product Page
- Marvelous Europe Product Page

--------------------------------------------
From my own experience, it’s a fun game. The biggest problem is a lack of content, specifically there only being two pinball tables. Conceptually, the girls are supposed to provide the variety, but the core game doesn’t change, regardless of which character is featured on the table.

At $40, the game probably isn’t a great impulse buy or worthwhile for dedicated fans of pinball/video game pinball. Fans of the Sanran Kagura series, particularly those with a little cash to spare, will likely find the game entertaining.

Last edited:

zP63Je0.png

Switch only means at least it won't be censored for Western release.
What a bizarro world this is when Nintendo platform releases are the ones we know won't be censored.

Aranea

The thing i like about Nintendo is they are releasing games for everyone. You can purchase a serious game or those with heavy fanservice like this one. More variety for everyone is always welcome.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Cool. Will definitely pick it up on Switch.

Sad to see the creator leave the studio thanks to the bullshit censoring being forced. We may not see silly little games like this as often.

Last edited:

McCheese

Language
Partial Nudity
Sexual Themes

Kudos to Nintendo for letting the rating boards and gamers make their own decisions.

Shin

Banned
Kudos to Nintendo for letting the rating boards and gamers make their own decisions.
I want to say the same, but part of me finds that despite being a platform holder the content if passed through the local rating board should be allowed.
Not respecting the rating system is well...you could say it's arrogance as their (PEGI) sole focus is to channel content to the right audience.

From my own experience, it’s a fun game. The biggest problem is a lack of content, specifically there only being two pinball tables. Conceptually, the girls are supposed to provide the variety, but the core game doesn’t change, regardless of which character is featured on the table.

At $40, the game probably isn’t a great impulse buy or worthwhile for dedicated fans of pinball/video game pinball. Fans of the Sanran Kagura series, particularly those with a little cash to spare, will likely find the game entertaining.

Sounds similarly to that music SK game which was pretty funny but didn't have much content

The thing i like about Nintendo is they are releasing games for everyone. You can purchase a serious game or those with heavy fanservice like this one. More variety for everyone is always welcome.
My theory is that the Switch absorbed the Vita userbase who Sony largely ignored throughout the Vita's lifecycle. This in turn diversified the Switch's install base in a good way.

Top Bottom