• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura producer opens new studio “Honey Parade Games” - 7 games as goal

Eolz

From Siliconera, translation from Esuteru:

Here are some notes from the interview with producer Kenichiro Takaki:

- Kenichiro Takaki launched his new studio, Honey ∞ Parade Games” and their first title is Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash.

- This change comes after the Senran Kagura series’ scale has increased, they’ve made Takaki’s division into its own brand.

- This studio won’t be exclusive to the Senran Kagura series and they’re looking to release all kinds of fun titles.

- There are seven characters for its logo, and it has the meaning of “creating the seven titles.” For now he has a basic idea for the seven titles in mind, and they’re looking to solidify it as a team.

- The reason they went with the PS4 for Peach Beach Splash is because Takaki realized the PS4 can present a “see-through” look from wet clothing. That’s the reason it’s only on PlayStation 4, as it can’t be represented the same way on PS Vita.

- If given the opportunity, Takaki would like to take on other genres.

- The story continues after Estival Versus. While some may think of it as just a spinoff, it actually has some important element that paves the path to a new story for the series.

- There are only plans for a locker room feature for PSVR, but it’ll have to be through a post-release update.

- You can change the locker room shower colors, but white and other colors will need to be purchased via DLC. Takaki wants this to be something that is bought only by gentlemen who understand.

- There are plans to make more PS4 games for the series.

Also some more info about Peach Beach Splash in the link.

Latest big trailer for SK:pBS (with a bit of a recap at the start)

Doesn't sound like they are planning anything else than PS4 yet, but he recently confirmed he was working on a Switch game, so likely another of those 7 projects (especially since it's probably going to replace the Vita in that regard). Didn't find a picture of the studio logo yet.

(also a bit related: SK Estival Versus is out on Steam this week)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
okay I can grasp "honey" and "∞" but what is "parade" a euphemism for

- The reason they went with the PS4 for Peach Beach Splash is because Takaki realized the PS4 can present a “see-through” look from wet clothing. That’s the reason it’s only on PlayStation 4, as it can’t be represented the same way on PS Vita.

- You can change the locker room shower colors, but white and other colors will need to be purchased via DLC. Takaki wants this to be something that is bought only by gentlemen who understand.

I love Takaki.

bobawesome

l0MYFIVocPnvv7O8M.gif

Battlechili

Banned
This is kind of neat. I wonder if this means his games will have bigger budgets now. I'm glad he's gotten his own studio and I hope things work out. I'm not the biggest fan of the Senran Kagura series but I can appreciate them to a degree. Seeing what other kinds of titles he cooks up will be interesting.
Takaki wants this to be something that is bought only by gentlemen who understand.
LOL

Thoraxes

Takaki wants this to be something that is bought only by gentlemen who understand.
Dude gets it.

Also, I wonder when we'll see his HD Rumble Softness Feeling project. Dude is gonna work wonders with that tech. Dude came a long way since SK on the 3DS.

xRaizen

- There are only plans for a locker room feature for PSVR, but it’ll have to be through a post-release update.

Fucking A

This will finally give me a reason to buy a PSVR

Maxinas

Color me interested once the Switch project is officially announced. HD rumble will be revolutionary for the series ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I wish Tamsoft would make a new Guardian's Crusade. But the game is so obscure I hardly ever see anyone who even knows what it is.

JordanN

Banned
- The reason they went with the PS4 for Peach Beach Splash is because Takaki realized the PS4 can present a ”see-through" look from wet clothing. That's the reason it's only on PlayStation 4, as it can't be represented the same way on PS Vita.
PS4 is a beast.

CorruptBrownHadrosaurus.gif

Ultimadrago

As someone that had a good time with Estival Versus, boy, Peach Beach Splash does not look very good to me. I usually disregard import impressions for games, but I'll keep a close ear to the ground for this one just so I can get an idea of how the flow works on a basic level even. The animations and movement simply don't attract. I hope it's more fun in actuality than it looks.

On the canon, I believe Takaki has already talked about the Estival Versus continuation before, but good to hear confirmation on moving forward with it.

Top Bottom