• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura related news coming soon?

And even if there was a strong media backlash in case of a physical release, wouldn't it be a good thing sales-wise ? What happened about "controversy sells" ?

They could always do a limited physical release and have the people pay up front for it like Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition...

Maybe, if they believe there is a strong demand for this though. Xseed is a small structure, it tends to limit the number of projects they can simultaneously manage anyway.

Since they have import PS1 games on the US PSN, I wish they'd do the same for Vita. I'm not really interested in paying $70+ for Shinovi Versus, even though I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Will be analyzing plot thoroughly.

I don't recognize her or her costume (Hebi sailor fuku are shorter). New character ? New school ?

If it were a third school, I think the character designer would try to make the third school's uniform set itself apart a little more. I'm guessing a prequel, personally.

Tusk

Seems the link was posted. :p My bad, was looking through all my game cases for a missing pokemon game. Really need to start putting my games in their proper cases..
But yeah, all they're worried about is people going on a "crusade" if they did a physical release.
That part of it made me laugh, though it probably would happen.

kick51

Banned
Series designers under investigation by the FBI after proudly claiming they use 100% authentic lolis while researching the game's subject matter

koutoru

If it's the next official Senran Kagura game in the series, it would be interesting to see what platform it's on.

On one hand they promised to keep the main series on the 3DS. On the other hand, they made more money on SV than the first two Senran Kagura games combined.

-Horizon-

I hope we will have a 26-episodes Shinovi Versus anime series when the new game will get released :)

Spin-off yes, and at the same time Burst/SV slighty altered the canon. If there is SK2 it should be in the same continuity than Burst/SV, but maybe not :)

Its going to take too long before we find out D:
I'm so impatient lol

I'm just glad I have a 3DS and Vita now, I'm prepared

koutoru

I'm guessing this is a new game,

And I've got a bad feeling it's gonna be 3D-only gameplay from now on :/
If you're talking about Musou combat, they originally tried that on the 3DS for Senran Kagura but didn't like how it turned out.

Shinovi Versus was actually closer to what they originally had in mind for the series in terms of combat.

ohlawd

If you're talking about Musou combat, they originally tried that on the 3DS for Senran Kagura but didn't like how it turned out.

Shinovi Versus was actually closer to what they originally had in mind for the series in terms of combat.

yeah, talking about combat.

oh well I'll get it anyway provided it comes out in English. I like the characters enough to look past my preferences.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If it's the next official Senran Kagura game in the series, it would be interesting to see what platform it's on.

On one hand they promised to keep the main series on the 3DS. On the other hand, they made more money on SV than the first two Senran Kagura games combined.

Source? The first two games (one original, the other a re-arrangement of sorts of the first one, not a completely new entry) sold about 200,000 units put together, with the second being the biggest seller.Shinovi Versus should be around 160,000 units sold right now.

I can see a 3DS/Vita release happening. Or SK2 on 3DS and Shinovi Versus 2 on Vita.

A Rin/Daidouji and the big sister of the Ryobi/Ryona siblings prequel is what you are thinking about ?

:)
I call dibs on any Ikaruga/Katsuragi illustration that may be revealed in january ! :D

I've got no idea what goes on in SV as I haven't played it or the Hebijo side of Burst for that matter (I'll fix that today), but yes, I'm sure they could expand on some of the older characters, especially Rin considering the whole
she's dead thing. ;=;

Of course, if they do that, well, I don't think we'll be seeing either Ikaruga or Katsuragi. D:
Then again, if they did a sequel, being third-years, I'm not sure they'd be in either. ._.

I'll be there day one no matter what console/handheld a new game (if it's that) comes too, but I'd love to see it on PS4. So many possibilities with that touch pad lol.

I've got no idea what goes on in SV as I haven't played it or the Hebijo side of Burst for that matter (I'll fix that today), but yes, I'm sure they could expand on some of the older characters, especially Rin considering the whole
she's dead thing. ;=;

She is
not dead in the games
; and even in the anime series' case, I won't be sure till it has been confirmed. I mean, even Dougen
was confirmed to be alive in SV thanks to the power of hypnotism - till Homura fixed this, of course.

Of course, if they do that, well, I don't think we'll be seeing either Ikaruga or Katsuragi. D:
Then again, if they did a sequel, being third-years, I'm not sure they'd be in either. ._.

I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU LALALALA
:)

At the very least, I could see them still being in as unlockable bonus characters. Although, I do really want to see more story stuff with everyone D:.

koutoru

Source? The first two games (one original, the other a re-arrangement of sorts of the first one, not a completely new entry) sold about 200,000 units put together, with the second being the biggest seller.Shinovi Versus should be around 160,000 units sold right now.

I can see a 3DS/Vita release happening. Or SK2 on 3DS and Shinovi Versus 2 on Vita.
http://gamingeverything.com/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-sells-more-than-150000-copies/

If we're taking estimates then, Shinovi Versus surpassed 150,000 copies in March. Leaving it plenty of time to surpasses the 200,000 from the first two games.

Already ? But we haven't even had the European release of Burst yet ! :(
(we have had a trailer too, btw; not sure if it has already been posted on Gaf or not : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXNyG41do0 )

On a not related note, h2foxo over at the Senran borads found out some new characters sprites animation. I wonder if it may be related to a potential new game ?
http://senran-international.boards.net/post/17163

Farther in the thread you have new New Wave cards, with Professor Daidouji. You have to see it to believe it.

Shingro

Team hometown reporting in. Hoping for Vita personally!

The dev makes me think he'd like to see life and hometown in as high as fidelity as possible.

Top Bottom