• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Sensitive Matter) Where are all the suicide/last note threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfield

Keep in mind that im very glad to not see any of these threads anymore!

Like I said, it's a Very sensitive subject that talk about and I don't want tobget in trouble. If it's too offensive to talk about then please lock this thread but keep in mind I'm not asking this for mockery or any negative background but just out of curiosity. I'm also a medic in real life so this subject always had some extra attention from me.

To me it seems that since this forum split up between neogaf and resetera these sorts of posts have vanished or became extremely rare.

Before Civil War I used to lurk in off topic and saw posts like this almost every week. It was really eerie kind of and I'm glad the community always was there for these people. I'm glad. It's just my weird curiosity that wants this question to have an explanation.

Mista

Banned
People here are fine. They don’t think of suiciding because daddy said no you can’t buy this

Healthy community and moving forward beautifully. If anyone though has any thoughts of suicide even for a tiny bit, come talk to us here before doing anything

We’re family after all and got each other’s backs. I myself got everyone’s back until the day I die

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
I would say because the crazies aren’t here anymore.
I bet the majority of those were attention seekers anyway.

Starfield

I would say because the crazies aren’t here anymore.
I bet the majority of those were attention seekers anyway.
Every suicide threat should be taken seriously though. In most cases it IS attention seeking. But that's a good thing bc they wanna get some reflection on their choice and are in doubt

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Most of mental health GAF migrated to Era. Tons of those post over there right from the start through the present. It's much better off not having those folks around as people with severe mental illnesses, while I feel sorry for them of course, tend to cause a lot of drama in other threads due to their negative thinking, emotionality etc..

It also seems like a liability issue as having people with severe depression and other problems congregating in the same place can't be healthy--having sick people "help" other sick people when they all need professional help and to avoid being around other depressed and negative people. As I said in another thread, it can't be good for a depressed/suicidal teen or twenty-something seeing posts from 35+ year olds who are saying things never got better for them and that they want to die etc. I'm amazed someone who did kill themselves hasn't left a note saying that kind of thing put them over the edge and then have parents or whoever filing law suits.

Guiberu

Hold up.

At the same time,

I wouldn't say these types of topics are no longer "welcome", or that the people who would create them are inherently "crazy", or anything like the typical ResetEra user etc.

It's important to remember that pretty much anyone can have a psychological break, either over a long period, or quite suddenly.

I know this place has been a part of my life for a long time, and should I ever find myself in that kind of situation (and I've been close), I'd like to think I could reach out to you fuckers, if I needed to.

So, yes it's "nice" to not see people in immediate distress and danger, I'd at least say no-one should feel as though they can't ask for help, in whatever way that may be.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hold up.

At the same time,

I wouldn't say these types of topics are no longer "welcome", or that the people who would create them are inherently "crazy", or anything like the typical ResetEra user etc.

It's important to remember that pretty much anyone can have a psychological break, either over a long period, or quite suddenly.

I know this place has been a part of my life for a long time, and should I ever find myself in that kind of situation (and I've been close), I'd like to think I could reach out to you fuckers, if I needed to.

So, yes it's "nice" to not see people in immediate distress and danger, I'd at least say no-one should feel as though they can't ask for help, in whatever way that may be.

Agreed. To clarify my post, I just meant I think it’s good to not have dedicated mental health community threads as I don’t think it’s healthy for mentally ill people to concentrate in online communities with no professionals monitoring and helping 24/7.

That can just further and worsen depression and other issues when people are seeing others much older feeling the same or worse and saying things never get better etc.

Anyone who needs to cry out for help here should of course do so if they have no other outlet where they feel comfortable doing so. Responses should be suicide hotlines and other resources they can turn to for immediate, professional help.

God Enel

C5-CC15-EB-A074-4-E9-D-8-C91-7-C9729-FD5264.jpg

I've been here for a little while and I've yet to see any suicide notes/threads. People genuinely seem to have their shit together around here. Maybe you should go to ResetEra if you're looking for that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom