• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, October 10th

gtj1092

Not sure how to feel yet on the numbers. Gut tells me Destiny didn't do much and that switch should be over 400k with the increase in supply. Should be a pretty easy switch victory. X1 down from last year.

Deku89

[PS4] 290K
[NSW] 275K
[XB1] 115K

I think it'll be close between the PS4 and Switch. PS4 will probably take the advantage due to Destiny.

Mario + Rabbids will probably sell well, but isn't as big of a system seller (same with Pokken). What will really drive Switch numbers is that it's much more available now.

Hopefully Switch stock actually is there for us to judge performance, and not just the poor numbers it gets right now due to heavy supply issues.

Hope we get numbers on SNES classic. Stock seemed significantly better at launch.

I think PS4 takes it this month over the Switch.

Wait....how much do we think Pokken is going to sell?
Down from the original on Wii u’s Month debut but this one will get a lot of sales during the holidays.
My honest Switch Software prediction is
Zelda: 190k
MK8D: 210k
Splatoon 2: 160k
Pokken: 220k
FIFA: 90k(650-700k for all combined(I’m crazy Ik)

Sterok

[NSW] 310k
[PS4] 290k
[XB1] 160k

Pokken eats Capcom once again, though we kind of already know that. Metroid makes the top 10. There will be lots of debate over whether Destiny 2 had a bigger launch than the first.

Heads up... due to release timing of the editions, Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition sales will be reflected in the September data, but the Forza 7 Standard Edition sales won't be reflected until October data.

donny2112

Heads up... due to release timing of the editions, Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition sales will be reflected in the September data, but the Forza 7 Standard Edition sales won't be reflected until October data.

So if it (combined) charts in September, it'll likely chart higher in October? That a fair assessment?

So if it (combined) charts in September, it'll likely chart higher in October? That a fair assessment?

Depends a bit on what share of total Ultimate is, but yes, it should chart higher in October as I assume a majority of sales will be of regular version.

Point is that no matter what the Sept position is, it's going to be misleading, to say the least.

Depends a bit on what share of total Ultimate is, but yes, it should chart higher in October as I assume a majority of sales will be of regular version.

Point is that no matter what the Sept position is, it's going to be misleading, to say the least.
Hey Mat.
Quick question, so how are you expecting Destiny 2 to perform compared to the first one. It was down significantly from the first one in the UK. Will that possibly happen in the US or will it stay even with its first counterpart or heck even be up?

Hey Mat.
Quick question, so how are you expecting Destiny 2 to perform compared to the first one. It was down significantly from the first one in the UK. Will that possibly happen in the US or will it stay even with its first counterpart or heck even be up?

It will be down from D1 but since NPD actually include digital in their numbers / charts it won't look near as significantly down as it was in the UK

Four-New-Bundles-Hero-hero.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/11/four-new-xbox-one-s-bundles/

donny2112

Looks like my prediction that PS4 would sell more than Switch wasn't so unique, after all! :lol

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Sep-2017

1. PS4 - 295K
2. NSW - 291K
3. XB1 - 140K

Top Bottom