• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - E3 2021 Teaser - Nintendo Direct

daveonezero

Banned
Looks like a good DLC

As a sequel, not so much (so far)

Same map is reaaaally lazy, like come the fuck on. Same enemies. New powers look cool tho.

So many years of development for this is really underwhelming
If it is the whole map plus sky world that is basically what I wanted. An underground that is very challenging and high risk reward would be pretty cool too. Maybe like a "rogue" like dungeon. Constantly going deeper.

Same with the enemies. I f they add in just a bunch of new variations and a few new types and a few completely new enemies That'd expand the challenges a lot. Plus improved AI and patterns.

On top of that they will have new powers, weapons and hopefully new move sets. I think it is time well spent. I think if they expand on equipment and load outs things could get even more interesting. Just add in my builds and variations to the already fun systems.

WE also have to admit there are going to be new areas and enemies that weren't shown.

Last edited:
Actually, in all those 97 Metascore reviews everyone complained about the "blurry, smudgy, aliased mess".

Plus, the blurry, smudgy aliased mess really hurt it's sales. Only sold 20+ million units with very few discounts.

Or maybe Nintendo knows what they're doing and you're the outlier?
From reviewers that review Nintendo games. Look I know why you're getting defensive, you love Nintendo. I too have a Switch, but with everything going 4k there's no reason Nintendo can't put out a machine that does at least 1080p let alone 1440 with some sort of DLSS.

I'd be 100% fine if BOTW contained the exact same world map, but brought about 8 dungeons, as well as the Sky Area we've seen.

I just want dungeons. I have zero interest in another massive/empty world with 160 shrines. I really enjoyed BOTW but I don't know if I'd want to revisit that type of gameplay and put 80 hours into it again.
This is why people are full of it when it comes to botw.

its an empty husk of a game that you wouldn’t want to replay... but it’s goty zomg awesome masterpiece.

daveonezero

Banned
People who like BoTW still like the game and world. I started another play through not long ago and its still great. Thats after playing 200 hours. It is still tons of fun.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
From reviewers that review Nintendo games. Look I know why you're getting defensive, you love Nintendo. I too have a Switch, but with everything going 4k there's no reason Nintendo can't put out a machine that does at least 1080p let alone 1440 with some sort of DLSS.

Don't like Nintendo very much at all.

I'm saying they made one of the most commercially successful + critically successful single player games of all time. That's...hard to do.

You're an outlier when it comes to baulking at resolution. Nintendo has, correctly, placed a lower priority on certain visual fidelity elements.

carlosrox

Banned
Looks good but I kinda think it was a bad showing since it showed so little.

It probably won't matter in the end as future trailers can blow the lid off some crazy shit but a part of me thinks it was a wasted opportunity.

Really it was just a second teaser/sneak peek.
Looking forward to the actual first trailer.

Wonder if 2022 will slip. He didn't come off as completely confident 2022 would happen.

They shoulda shown this earlier and saved Metroid for the end. Ending on this weirdly cut teaser wasn't the best. They also kinda abruptly end it on a very similar shot as the reveal which comes off a bit redundant.

I also hope that the sky doesn't automatically exclude underground stuff cuz I want my caves and classic dungeons back.

Also hookshot and underwater me and I'll be happy.

Last edited:

noqtic

Nintendo said there was so much they wanted to do in Breath of the Wild that they couldn't just fit into DLC so they made a direct sequel instead.
I'm cool with Skyrule, I'm just hoping dungeons return.

I'm intrigued, we don't really see Link's face and he changes outfits. Looks like The Triforce and time are going to play a large role.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nintendo ended its E3 2021 Direct with a new look at the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (though we're still waiting on an official name for it). Though the gameplay trailer is a quick one, we learned plenty about what this expanded take on Hyrule may hold, including new powers for Link, traversal and enemy changes, and more.

So dive in as we explore some of the key takeaways and break down 8 things we learned from the Breath of the Wild sequel trailer, from the powers Link's new arm may hold to why Nintendo is keeping its name a secret. (And just a note: this is not a story theory piece, so we won't be diving into too many of the many theories about where the sequel's story may take us, and how it relates to other Zelda games, in this video.)

Wunray

This game is gonna be goty in whichever year it releases, that being said Zelda curse is in effect so that is slipping into 2023.

Last edited:
I liked that their seems to be indoor or cave environments this time around. However that new enemy design they showed (not the boko’s on the golem, the other statuesque looking thing) is terrible. Like what the F is it even. They could’ve just gone crazier with the Jomon style from the first game. That’s my only gripe really.

CGiRanger

Banned
I saw some comments and complaints around that said the Trailer was underwhelming compared to the final trailer for BotW. I mean, yeah, this was just a very very quick Teaser, almost like a little more meat to that initial concept BotW teaser way back in the day.

Not to say the final trailer may not measure up to the BotW final trailer (it set a super high bar), but let's wait to compare.

This game is gonna be goty in whichever year it releases, that being said Zelda curse is in effect so that is slipping into 2023.
Lol, my general rule when it comes to a Zelda release is Nintendo's Release date +6 mos at a minimum. I'm thinking it'll be a Feb/Mar 23' release. Would love to be wrong, but I won't believe them until that game is in my hands.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Legend of Zelda series is known for many things, including clever dungeons, grand battles between good and evil, and a timeline so mysterious fans waited decades before Nintendo actually confirmed how all the games connected. So, whether you’re a fledgling new hero of time looking to learn more or you’ve mastered Breath of the Wild’s sprawling open world, and your impression of Link’s “Hyaah!” and just need a quick refresher, here’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s story so far.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel is slated for a 2022 release on the Nintendo Switch. What will happen next in Breath of the Wild 2 is still a mystery. Do you think Ganondorf will make a return? Will Princess Zelda be a playable character in the upcoming game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom