• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Duke 3D | Trailer (Remake of Duke Nukem 3D)

I came in expecting to be semi-impressed with a remake. Was not expecting something of this scope, it looks amazing!

Please, for the love of God, someone do something with the Duke IP.

bobone

Looks like I'll be buying Serious Sam Fusion.

I was so impressed with the 20th anniversary of Duke; I never expected to see something like this.

Hostile_18

Banned
Don't think I've ever been that impressed with a fan mod. I'd pay full retail for that.

Balls of steeeeeel.

Verchod

Incredible! I don't think I've played the original in over twenty years but now I'm Very interested.
Duke 3D was a bloody great game, and excellent weapons too.

We need some fun and OTT fps games, they're all to serious these days.

Stuart360

Wow i'd actually pay money for that. Shame its only the first episode though.
I have that Fusion thing, but dont have a clue how you get this.

Loke

Shame its only the first episode though.

Well, L.A. Meltdown is the best episode though. I guess they could expand the other episodes though, e.g. make Lunar Apocalypse more memorable and not so goddamn dull and depressing. Fusion Station is a legit terrible map.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member

Just kidding looks like I have a reason to install that game again.

Serious Duke 3D is a remake and reimagining of the first Duke Nukem 3D episode as a total conversion mod for Serious Sam Fusion.

Hahaha... I recognize those textures, because I made some of them for the old Duke Nukem 3D high resolution texture pack. Like the walls in the bathroom in E1M1. The wall textures outside (the ones with the windows) are my textures too. Though alot of the textures seen in this trailer were ripped from the Duke Nukem 3D HD Texture Pack.

I am not complaining. It's just neat to see some really old work I did get re-used in this way. Honestly, for a fan made remake. This looks pretty good. I like it.

Last edited:

GenericUser

This reminds me how good the levels of Duke 3D actually were. The not only hold up, I think they still put a lot of modern shooters and their level design to shame. Maybe I'm giving the anniversary edition another playthrough this weekend.

Entire Fox News is going to be convulsing on the floor, speaking in tongues and creaming their pants once they find out about pig cops.

Tesseract

Banned
that looks really good, these dudes are nailing it

Hahaha... I recognize those textures, because I made some of them for the old Duke Nukem 3D high resolution texture pack. Like the walls in the bathroom in E1M1. The wall textures outside (the ones with the windows) are my textures too. Though alot of the textures seen in this trailer were ripped from the Duke Nukem 3D HD Texture Pack.

I am not complaining. It's just neat to see some really old work I did get re-used in this way. Honestly, for a fan made remake. This looks pretty good. I like it.

i've always been on the side that is pretty pissed about this stuff, since a lot of remakes don't credit modders at all and get packaged into sequels

props to you

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Serious Sam "Fusion"? Never new there was a new Serious Sam game.
It's not a new game. It's a new Engine for all the Serious Sam games. If you own any Serious Sam game on Steam you can download Fusion and start your games through Fusion. It also supports VR so this Duke mod can be played in VR.

that looks really good, these dudes are nailing it

i've always been on the side that is pretty pissed about this stuff, since a lot of remakes don't credit modders at all and get packaged into sequels

props to you

I didn't do all of them. But I did a large chunk that still remain in the current High Resolution Package. Some of the other modders that contributed back then may not be too happy. But I haven't kept in contact with them.

This actually happened once before in the past with a retail mobile phone FPS that stole all the DN3D HD textures and some of the replacement models as well. People did do something about it and they swapped out all the recognizable textures.

For for this project... it is Duke Nukem 3D related. It is a MOD. I haven't played the mod, so maybe they do credit everyones work? My name is still in the credits in the text file included with the original Duke Nukem 3D High resolution package, which requires EDuke32 and a copy of the Duke Nukem 3D GRP. I will have to download this Serious Duke mod later and find out. It is a Serious Sam 3 mod, which I do have to re-install as well.

Last edited:

Doczu

i hope it will have stripper titties. Otherwise no download.

But seriously - this looks like fun!

hunthunt

Banned
I remember when everyone wanted a new Duke Nukem, whoever was in charge of that thing surely wasted a good franchise.

Shifty

Aw man, hearing that theme tune again is a potent shot of nostalgia. Hail to the king, baby!

Gotta say, this is probably a better use of the Duke Nukem Forever assets than Duke Nukem Forever ended up being.

For the life of me, this looks like something a professional medium sized team is doing out there somewhere with a decent budget and the Duke Nukem IP.

Hummm... On second thought... Thats a long ass trailer. 98% of it is gameplay. Yeah, only a fan team would do that.

Top Bottom