• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SERIOUS] Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumours and Early Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So same as “project Americana“ rumors.
Me thinks your friend just read those.

Honestly? I would love to see a GTA 6 take this approach. I mean the past and present timeline.
I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I really want another 70s 80s GTA game.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
8e84db62ddd8c178379d807c4601418207ab6aa3.gif
IGfipQHj.gif

reptilex

Banned
Ok so here goes. I work in the game industry and I learned this from a guy who work in a Sony studio (in a private chat room). Can't tell more.

Some details:

-The game will be divided into 2 timelines; a retro 70-80's vice city and a modern era vice city inspired from Refn's filmography (Driver, Pusher,etc.)

-2 playable characters (well, no it's the same guy but at the 2 different era). Basically the hero will recall flashbacks that happened in his youth allowing us to play both era

-Of course its 1 map, 1 city but with differences and variations according to the specific time

Which means 2 maps, 2 sets of cars, weapons, styling, clothing, NPC social behaviour, slang,etc.

-More interesting:

Actions done in the past flashbacks will impact the modern era of the game (both storyline and side missions).
Synthwave and City Pop will both be the defining soundtrack of the game.

Discuss.
Be mindful those are early discussions, the game is still in heavy development and a lot of those ideas might completely be omitted from the released materials.

I work in trend analysis and for the first time...I think this is legit (85% certainty).

If so, then R* is hiring loser with zero culture and a very unprecise brief.

DeeDogg_

Banned
Ok so here goes. I work in the game industry and I learned this from a guy who work in a Sony studio (in a private chat room). Can't tell more.

Some details:

-The game will be divided into 2 timelines; a retro 70-80's vice city and a modern era vice city inspired from Refn's filmography (Driver, Pusher,etc.)

-2 playable characters (well, no it's the same guy but at the 2 different era). Basically the hero will recall flashbacks that happened in his youth allowing us to play both era

-Of course its 1 map, 1 city but with differences and variations according to the specific time

Which means 2 maps, 2 sets of cars, weapons, styling, clothing, NPC social behaviour, slang,etc.

-More interesting:

Actions done in the past flashbacks will impact the modern era of the game (both storyline and side missions).
Synthwave and City Pop will both be the defining soundtrack of the game.

Discuss.
Be mindful those are early discussions, the game is still in heavy development and a lot of those ideas might completely be omitted from the released materials.
Oh so basically you just copied some shit from random rumors and leaks from the past 2 years? Interesting. Fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom