• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam 4 | Out Now on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X

Kacho

Gold Member
Bummer. Thanks for checking anyway.

Would you mind checking with in-game v-sync/fps limit disabled but external v-sync + fps cap from nvidia control panel? No worries if you dont have time/cant be bothered though.
Sure. Give me a few though. Need to grab some food for lunch.

winjer

Gold Member
Yeah it still runs horribly. Stutters constantly as new enemies spawn in. Basically unplayable.

A shame too because the game itself is soooo much fun.

Just run these commands on the games console;
It will disable texture streaming and make the game much smoother.

texs_ctMaxUnloadsPerFrame = 0

texs_ctTooMuchLoadingTextures = -1

sim_fWorldPrecachingStreamingLoadingDoneThreshold = -1

You can also use this command to define the amount of CPU threads.

thr_iMaxWorkerThreads =

Kuranghi

Just run these commands on the games console;
It will disable texture streaming and make the game much smoother.

You can also use this command to define the amount of CPU threads.

So does disabling that texture streaming have a detrimental effect on the graphics? Like the textures are blurrier and fade in slowly or not at all? Or does it just increase load times or some other better tradeoff?

winjer

Gold Member
So does disabling that texture streaming have a detrimental effect on the graphics? Like the textures are blurrier and fade in slowly or not at all? Or does it just increase load times or some other better tradeoff?

No.
The only issue is if you have a small amount of ram+vram.
I have 16Gb of ram, and 8Gb of ram. It worked very well.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Painkiller was amazing.
Serious sam released earlier though
It does? Hmm weird. I thought it was after wards. I mean Painkiller, Necrovision were much better games. Some parts evolved to Bulletstorm, but then sadly Witchfire or how is it called is probably pretty far in the future.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It does? Hmm weird. I thought it was after wards. I mean Painkiller, Necrovision were much better games. Some parts evolved to Bulletstorm, but then sadly Witchfire or how is it called is probably pretty far in the future.
It's 2001 vs 2004.
I only liked first Painkiller and Battle out of Hell expansion. Nothing else came close in the franchise

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's 2001 vs 2004.
I only liked first Painkiller and Battle out of Hell expansion. Nothing else came close in the franchise
True the OG ones from the People can Fly are the best ones. But if you haven't played the Necrovision from Farm 51 is also really good. well if you like something like B/C level Bulletstorm anyway. I like those games a lot. Fun to play to this days.

I should be playing Halo Infinite but want to finish this one first. Does Master Chief get to pilot a giant mech?
I'm 10 chapters in and it keeps going. Long game.

is this game worth it? it is available on gamepass PC should I check it out?
It’s brainless fun.
it’s a technical failure all around.
you will want to turn the Battle music off.
marvel at all the graphic glitches.
wonder why it has a story at all.
it’s a train wreck I can’t look away from.
But it is Fun.

Top Bottom