• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam 4 to be demoed at E3 this year

Devolver Digital has revealed that it will demo Absolver, STRAFE, Shadow Warrior 2 and a new title from Croteam at this year’s E3. Now what this new Croteam title could actually be? Well, the official Serious Sam FB page has – possibly – spilled the beans, hinting at an official reveal of Serious Sam 4.

Seems like the Serious Sam Facebook page did share Croteam's post.
dasdasdas.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/serious-sam-4-to-be-demoed-at-this-years-e3/

Man, between STRAFE, SW2 and now this, Devolver is basically just the badass 90s shooter company. Good year for it too.

Ionic

I was anticipating SS4 even more than Doom. This is excellent news that we'll finally be seeing it. I absolutely cannot wait to see Croteam's work.

latest

They announced Serious Sam 4 years ago, but while they were making puzzles for that game, somebody figured, "Wait...what if the puzzles were a game"

So they made the Talos Principle instead. Which I dont blame them, it was a good game, a switch of pace from making Serious Sam for like 10 years.

But I'm glad he's coming back, cuz I've missed that mothafucka. Serious Sam 3 has the most intense fights in FPS history, barring in a mind a few crazy Doom WADs.

Riposte

latest

They announced Serious Sam 4 years ago, but while they were making puzzles for that game, somebody figured, "Wait...what if the puzzles were a game"

So they made the Talos Principle instead. Which I dont blame them, it was a good game, a switch of pace from making Serious Sam for like 10 years.

But I'm glad he's coming back, cuz I've missed that mothafucka. Serious Sam 3 has the most intense fights in FPS history, barring in a mind a few crazy Doom WADs.

SS3 is the only game that has left me emotionally fatigued. Needed to lie down for a bit if I played it for more than 3 hours straight.

Ionic

We already have DOOM, which perfected what Serious Sam was trying to do for so long anyway.

Doom is amazing, but I don't think I ever fought more than 10 bad guys at once in it. I just need a big field with a hill, a machine gun, beautiful graphics, and a lot of yelling in the distance.

SS3 is the only game that has left me emotionally fatigued. Needed to lie down for a bit if I played it for more than 3 hours straight.

For better and for worse, it is an exhausting game. the second half is like playing a CAVE shmup in the level of intensity, things you need to dodge, juggle, prioritize, and shoot. You pretty much have to break it down into discrete chunks.

Tain

Hoping this rules and that 3 wasn't a fluke. I'm confident.

SS3 stomps over a lot of often-praised "throwback" FPSes like RotT and the Flying Wild Hog games.

Edit: Riposte and ViewtifulJC got it

KOHIPEET

Aww yiss!

Shit just got serious.

Those mad 5 maybe even 7 player co-op lan games..... I need that kind of fun in my life.

dh4niel

Develover's output seems to be the only games I'm excited for at the moment with this, Ruiner and STRAFE as well.

Oh good. I love Serious Sam, ever since my friend introduced me to 3, which led to me buying the collection on Steam. Oddly I only really like the Second Encounter and SS3. The First Encounter's levels I didn't find to be that great ( didn't finish it though) and SS2 is weird.

They talked about SS4 a couple of years ago and I thought it sounded like it was supposed to release last summer. It better be good.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hope it's better than 3. I know people like that game but this is one of the rare cases where I genuinely just can't understand why.
I love Serious Sam SE1&2 and even 2. But I fucking HATE 3.

bede-x

Please be a pure shooter, not something with XP, levels and loot. It should be a given considering the series, but on the other hand this is the modern gaming industry..

Doop

Hope it's better than 3. I know people like that game but this is one of the rare cases where I genuinely just can't understand why.
I love Serious Sam SE1&2 and even 2. But I fucking HATE 3.

Yeah, I think I agree. It never feels like you're making any progress. It's the only Serious Sam game that actually bores me. It just feels like you're doing the same thing over and over. Maybe it gets better, but I've played those first few levels with friends so many times that I don't even want to play it again to find out.

bathsalts

Please be a pure shooter, not something with XP, levels and loot. It should be a given considering the series, but on the other hand this is the modern gaming industry..

I don't think you'll need to worry beyond them making fun of it, the first bit of SS 3 is basically trolling COD.

Top Bottom