• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Serkan Toto Rumor: Bandai Namco making several NX games, including a Smash for launch

He's an analyst and consultant contracted by many of the big mobile publishers (that includes traditional publishers with mobile departments) in Japan.

Used to work as a reporter as well, so he'd have pretty extensive sources.

Smash is probably a port, but he didn't specify.

Source: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692755598497046528

LegendofLex

Aug 21, 2013
Well, yeah, clearly they finished working on Smash Bros. for Wii U so they could start working on Smash Bros. for NX.

Jonneh3003

Banned
May 27, 2014
Southampton
I believe it, a DLC bundle isn't exactly a Nintendo thing to do but it makes a lot of sense for an NX launch title. If it has some form of new content or combined 3DS and Wii U stages the system launch will be off to a great start.

Jun 27, 2015
I believe this even less than the typical rumors. The only remote chance of this being true is if it's a Smash 4 Championship Edition with all DLC included

Nov 18, 2014
Best part about this news is that increases the likelihood that Sakurai is working on anything but Smash. Kid Icarus NX let's gooooooooooooo

BiggNife

Aug 15, 2007
Almost definitely Smash 4 For NX with all of the DLC.

Which is fine, honestly. Smash sells systems.

kiri

Dec 31, 2011
London, UK
Interesting, if understandable and predictable rumour.

Would love to see Smash at launch and would certainly triple-dip!

Oregano

Mar 13, 2013
Bamco developing several NX games wouldn't be a hard thing to guess. The Smash thing is much more specific.

Sponge

Banned
Dec 3, 2011
A Smash port at launch would secure my purchase of an NX right away. I bought my GameCube, Wii and Wii U for Smash in mind first. Hoping we get the Ice Climbers back.

Port with more characters probably. Sakurai probably not directing.

Sakurai did say he's already started his next project, wouldn't be surprised if it was this.

Also there's too many Smash Amiibo in the market still for Nintendo to drop Smash entirely. Either the NX is backwards compatible or we're getting a port.

ffdgh

Sep 30, 2011
Smash NX port?

Included the 3ds stages, ice climbers, and wolf I'm definitely in.

Draxal

Sep 10, 2011
I'm hoping for 20 Fire Emblem characters and no K. Rool.

I'd be cool with TIki Tong though.

Enforced

Feb 21, 2014
That would be nice. Would double dip if they include all DLC. Hoping they do the same with hyrule warriors.

Sesha

Jan 28, 2013
I had a feeling Smash 4 NX would be a thing. Fingers crossed for Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Inklings.

Jul 29, 2013
From the What we know-thread.

If i had to guess:

Smash Bros GotY Edition with all DLC
Port of Tales of Berseria (and/or Tales of Zestiria)
Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Doubtful, but would be a megaton for me:

Dark Souls 3

Son Of D

Sep 18, 2013
Smash 4 NX. All DLC included, both 3DS and Wii U stages plus maybe some new trophies and music rips added in (IE finish the FFVII song list by giving us more than just two songs).

AdanVC

Nov 26, 2013
Mexico
www.artstation.com
Oh man Smash hype rising once again. Smash 4 port with enhanced graphics and all the DLC included? All of my yes. Smash, and Zelda and maybe a brand new 3D Mario and it would be the best launch lineup ever. Hope Nintendo go big like that.

vareon

Feb 5, 2007
Not anywhere
Serkan Toto's pretty reputable and he won't do this for shits and giggles.

I think this imply we might have several Wii U port down the line? Could be good for future compatibilities.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sep 12, 2011
UK
Guess this also indicates no BC if true.

Lil'DigiOp

Dec 18, 2013
This had to happen. Still a rumor but it would be dumb if it wasn't true.

Everyone who was a naysayer can eat crow.

Tekkie

May 18, 2013
I expect a lot of Wii U games to be retooled for NX actually. This wouldn't be surprising if true.

Does he have a track record?

With things like IPOs and mobile announcements generally, though he did successfully indicate that the first Nintendo mobile game was going to be kind of balls/notably untraditional about a month in advance while their bigger IPs would come later, which was true.

Console games, well, he doesn't normally talk about those to my knowledge in general, sans his personal preferences.