• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sessions Fires F.B.I. deputy director, Andrew G. McCabe Two Days before His Retirement

zelo-ca

Maybe he shouldn't do so by yelling about "NO COLLUSION" and a "WITCH HUNT" on Twitter. :)

I agree. I love a lot of Trumps policies and as a Canadian I wish we had someone similar here (instead of the SJW PoS that is Justin Trudeau). I just wish he would shut up every once in a while lol.

Last edited:

Future

Has anyone lied more than Trump? Be honest, if anyone deserves to be fired, it's Trump. The guy's toxic, and I fear Americans will be paying the price for a long time.

Lying to the public is not the same. Trump is a salesman. His lies are similar to any shady salesman tactic to get people on their side. It’s shady and annoying but nothing illegal, at least not yet

Manus

Has anyone lied more than Trump? Be honest, if anyone deserves to be fired, it's Trump. The guy's toxic, and I fear Americans will be paying the price for a long time.

Has Trump ever lied under oath before? That's the argument here and what Mccabe was fired for. In my opinion he should of been handcuffed out.

Corrik

I don't see how his pension is in jeopardy. I never seen a job in which you weren't vested in your pension after a few years.

That said, firing him was petty and dumb.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
In very recent news Mueller is seeking an interview with Donald Trump and has given him and his legal team the questions that will be asked beforehand.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...legal-team-questions-for-potential-interview#

It sounds like Mueller already has the answer/evidence to some of the questions that will be asked. Explains why Trump has been calling the investigation a witch hunt. :) Full on panic mode.

The funnier thing is that this is basically exactly what Trump and his lawyers wanted and now that they exactly that, they have no clue how to handle it. Not that it matters having the questions ahead of time as Trump is a habitual liar and I think him just walking into the room with Mueller or his team means he'll lie even he has an entire script in front of him. Its just in his nature at this point.

It seems he know's nothing except how to bully and intimidate but that doesn't work so well against a guy who took down Enron and Mafia families.

Last edited:

Ridcully

I don't see how his pension is in jeopardy. I never seen a job in which you weren't vested in your pension after a few years.

That said, firing him was petty and dumb.

He didn't complete his full service, so it stands to reason that his pension will be reduced. Temporarily withholding it stops him from being rewarded for being fired. Whether there is anything above and beyond these two things will be down to his contract and FBI dismissal procedures. The fact it happened so close to his retirement reads like a twisting of the knife, but again, this decision was partially informed by an internal investigation.

He didn't complete his full service, so it stands to reason that his pension will be reduced. Temporarily withholding it stops him from being rewarded for being fired. Whether there is anything above and beyond these two things will be down to his contract and FBI dismissal procedures. The fact it happened so close to his retirement reads like a twisting of the knife, but again, this decision was partially informed by an internal investigation.

He was offered temporary work in the Federal Government by Democrats. If he takes it and completes a day or two of work he can qualify to receive his full pension.

zelo-ca

He was offered temporary work in the Federal Government by Democrats. If he takes it and completes a day or two of work he can qualify to receive his full pension.

Imagine the Obama admin firing someone from the FBI and the rep. in government offering him jobs. I bet there would be a shit storm on the MSM but hey that's the double standards of the dems/MSM

Imagine the Obama admin firing someone from the FBI and the rep. in government offering him jobs. I bet there would be a shit storm on the MSM but hey that's the double standards of the dems/MSM

I bet that's going to really grind the gears of the dear leader mr dump right?

zelo-ca

I bet that's going to really grind the gears of the dear leader mr dump right?

See you don't care and that's exactly the point. If this was the other way around and Trump was hiring a republican for a few days so that he can have his retirement you would be flipping shit. At least admit you're being hypocritical.

TheMikado

Banned
The Trump and McCabe issue are actually two seperate issues.

1) what McCabe has done would have been frowned upon regardless of Trump.

2) Trump would have attacked McCabe regardless of whether or not this existed.

There happens to be unfortunate intersection that will muddy this topic when it really doesn’t need it.

Trump wants to paint McCabe as an unreliable liar as McCabe is Comeys backup. The firing was more to send a message and to make McCabe look extra guilty. It wasn’t even necessary to fire him.

zelo-ca

The Trump and McCabe issue are actually two seperate issues.

1) what McCabe has done would have been frowned upon regardless of Trump.

2) Trump would have attacked McCabe regardless of whether or not this existed.

There happens to be unfortunate intersection that will muddy this topic when it really doesn’t need it.

Trump wants to paint McCabe as an unreliable liar as McCabe is Comeys backup. The firing was more to send a message and to make McCabe look extra guilty. It wasn’t even necessary to fire him.

Did you read the OP? His peers at the FBI did an investigation and concluded that he should be fired. If you want to blame anyone for the firing blame them not Trump.

TheMikado

Banned
Did you read the OP? His peers at the FBI did an investigation and concluded that he should be fired. If you want to blame anyone for the firing blame them not Trump.
Did you read my post? Where did I blame Trump for McCabe's firing?

McCabe had already resigned and was no longer in an acting position. The firing was not NECESSARY because he was ALREADY not acting in the role.
Again there was no actual technical reason to fire him because he had already stepped down from the role. The conclusion was that he should be dismissed for this actions, but as he already had effectively resigned, and I will say it again in case it wasn't clear the first time I said it: IT WASN'T EVEN NECESSARY TO FIRE HIM.

zelo-ca

Did you read my post? Where did I blame Trump for McCabe's firing?

McCabe had already resigned and was no longer in an acting position. The firing was not NECESSARY because he was ALREADY not acting in the role.
Again there was no actual technical reason to fire him because he had already stepped down from the role. The conclusion was that he should be dismissed for this actions, but as he already had effectively resigned, and I will say it again in case it wasn't clear the first time I said it: IT WASN'T EVEN NECESSARY TO FIRE HIM.

We will have to agree to disagree because I believe the firing was necessary so I will just leave it at that since us arguing won't get either of us anywhere.

ar0s

The so called left in America supporting their extra-judicial killers and militaristic psychopaths across all the three letter agencies is probably a sign of the apocalypse. Madness.

Last edited:

NickFire

Even if the reasons are legit Trump can't just shutup and not make a big deal. If you can't understand how this looks bad with all the tweets about McCabe and the FBI tweets then you need to step out your bubble.
I fully agree that the public attention he throws out there makes it a big deal. But bear something in mind. Some might say he ran on a platform of draining a swamp, has identified someone he considers an upper level swamp creature, and is making sure the public knows both his belief and that he is doing what he promised. From that perspective, perhaps it is the people who feel he should keep his mouth shut who need to step out of their bubble.

The so called left in America supporting their extra-judicial killers and militaristic psychopaths across all the three letter agencies is probably a sign of the apocalypse. Madness.

Of course. Donald Trump doesn’t support psychopaths at three letter agencies. It’s why he hired Gina Haspel the nun lol

Last edited:
I fully agree that the public attention he throws out there makes it a big deal. But bear something in mind. Some might say he ran on a platform of draining a swamp, has identified someone he considers an upper level swamp creature, and is making sure the public knows both his belief and that he is doing what he promised. From that perspective, perhaps it is the people who feel he should keep his mouth shut who need to step out of their bubble.

Trump is the swamp, has made it deeper, and can't run his government without the swamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will have to agree to disagree because I believe the firing was necessary so I will just leave it at that since us arguing won't get either of us anywhere.

That's because you're not being reasonable.

Your position isn't that it was necessary to fire a man two days before he retires. Your position is that the firing is justified, because of misconduct on McCabe's part.

But necessary? No. It was not necessary to fire someone who has both feet out of the door. This is literally slamming the door shut behind them.

Coming from my wife working in HR, and me working in upper leadership at a large company, universally, if someone is that close to quitting or retiring, you just wait them out because you won't have to deal with them anymore, or the negative reverberation from employees who remain.

By claiming Mueller and his team are Democrats when it’s well known that he’s a Republican. Trump is fake news.

He never said Mueller himself. He said Mueller's team, which is solid D.

And I'm not sure why Mueller being a Republican implies that he is "unbiased" somehow - Trump is not exactly an establishment darling.

ar0s

Of course. Donald Trump doesn’t support psychopaths at three letter agencies. It’s why he hired Gina Haspel the nun lol

Huh? You traditionally expect his party to support them. If you had an actual left they would fight for the CIA to be abolished not back it up just because it criticises Trump. I have no love for either side of your same coin.

Top Bottom