• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Settle this debate chicken burger or chicken sandwich?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
GAF settle this debate is it a chicken burger or a chicken sandwich? I have a friend who calls them chicken burgers. I'm team chicken sandwich but then I think about it and Im ok with salmon burgers and veggie burgers but calling a chicken sandwich a chicken burger just seems inherently wrong to me for some reason.

hoserx

Sandwich. That's just how it is. A burger is a burger. That being said it's a cultural thing of course and we will never reach a resolution here.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Do you not understand what your friend means when he calls them a chicken burger?

If you do understand, then it is correct. You both can be correct you know.

otapnam

A chicken burger is ground chicken meat formed into a burger patty.

A chicken sandwich is a piece of chicken grilled or fried straight up

Zornack

GAF settle this debate is it a chicken burger or a chicken sandwich? I have a friend who calls them chicken burgers. I'm team chicken sandwich but then I think about it and Im ok with salmon burgers and veggie burgers but calling a chicken sandwich a chicken burger just seems inherently wrong to me for some reason.

Post a picture of the food item you're talking about please.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Any type of chicken that isn't ground makes it a sandwich. Cutlet, breast, etc.

Viewt

A chicken burger to me uses ground chicken.

A chicken sandwich uses a breast fillet.

This is correct. Ground meat is a burger. Filets are sandwiches. If you had a chunk of sirloin steak and put it on a bun, it'd be a steak sandwich, not a burger. Same applies to other meats.

CHC

Chicken sandwich, 100%. Chicken burgers are neither here nor there - veggie burgers and beef burgers both being better options in my mind.

Salmon / tuna / seafood burgers are actually something of a misnomer as far as I'm concerned - they have more in common with a crab cake sandwich than anything else, really. Whole separate thing that I don't really put on the veggie-beef burger spectrum.

VanWinkle

In the US, at least, it's called a chicken sandwich, and that's how I've always known it. In other parts of the world, however, it is known as a chicken burger. So, like aluminum and aluminium, there's no right or wrong answer.

That being said, in the US you COULD have something called a chicken burger, if it is ground and NOT breaded, ie mimicking a ground beef burger.

marrec

Banned
Ground chicken = Chicken Burger

Sliced chicken (chicken breast) = Chicken Sandwich

Jesus christ do I have to do everything for y'all fucks?

Gin-Shiio

A chicken burger to me implies ground chicken.

A chicken sandwich implies a breast fillet.

f7FdEdG.jpg

A chicken burger is ground chicken meat formed into a burger patty.

A chicken sandwich is a piece of chicken grilled or fried straight up

Correct.

If it has burger buns it's a burger regardless of whats in between.

Not correct.

Also, chicken burgers are not very common, right? I mean, McDonald's, Jack-in-the-Box, Burger King, Wendy's, etc all have chicken sandwiches on their menus. They don't have chicken burgers. And if you're calling their sandwiches "burgers", you're wrong.

VanWinkle

A chicken burger to me implies ground chicken.

A chicken sandwich implies a breast fillet.

I think you need to add that it needs to be non-breaded ground chicken to be a chicken burger. I see tons of fast food places make chicken sandwiches that have breaded/fried ground chicken.

All burgers are sandwiches, but all sandwiches aren't burgers. A burger involves some sort of ground up/mashed patty. Whether that's beef, turkey, veggies, beans, etc. Therefore chicken filet between buns is just a SANDWICH

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think I will defer to chic fil a they call it a sandwich. Also, I didn't know ground chicken patties were a thing. I guess that would be a burger.

Top Bottom