• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several indie games announced for PS4 and Vita at BitSummit

ReaperXL7

hot damn that a lot of indies! god bless you Sony.
My most wanted indie title on PS4 is this:
Guns-of-icarus-online-Title.gif

One that I'm excited to check out aswell. I think if I had to pick one that is jot funded by Sony (dying for Rime) my most anticipated at the moment I'd Galak Z or SOMA. Alot of indie devs are doing some amazing work though, you sure don't see the big pubs developing shumps at all.

One Upon Light looks interesting, and has a great ambient score if that trailer is anything to go by. They might want to change that Japlish title though.

Target Earth!!! Target Earth?!!! These young heads don't even understand the mAgnitude of what was just announced!!! The killer app Is here folks!

Oh yeah, Assault Suit Leynos remake gets me excited. I love these type of games coming to consoles, AAA have their place, but my 40 year love revolves around these.

Hopefully, PS4/Vita Japan also gets involved with my favourite 'B' games; Binary Domain, Katamari, Gradius V, The Chikyuu Boueigun, Vanquish, Burning Rangers, Lollipop Chainsaw and the like.

borius

Neo Member
Warframe?

btw good for vita and Ps4, it seems that japanese gamers need games to buy a console. I hope the japanese gaming market will recover.

Jonnyram

I heard Galax-Z is coming to Vita and that it might have crossbuy?
That would be pretty awesome news.
Damn, Sony getting some serious kudos at this event. Did Nintendo turn up?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Leynos looks great, and it's nice to see a an indie Japanese release.

It's still surprising that there are so few Japanese Indies on Vita/PS4 at bitsummit. Hope the balance is different next year.

Jonnyram

It's still surprising that there are so few Japanese Indies on Vita/PS4 at bitsummit. Hope the balance is different next year.
It's gonna take time I think. The big thing this year is that a lot of famous people in the Japan industry have left their corporations and gone indie. It's also gonna take a while to get the Japan indie scene all working together, I think. Bitsummit has certainly been way more successful than last year, and if they can keep that momentum going, the Japanese industry will surely change for the better.

nampad

At this rate, I would think there is something wrong in the world when there would be a day without a new Vita announcement.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Leynos remake is crazy news. Trying to push memories of the Assault Suits Valken remake out of my head, because this has the potential to be awesome.

CamHostage

Bumping this because somehow I totally missed it and was about to post the Leynos news from ImpressWatch's news feed.

Trailer (low-res, but official... gotta love Japanese media distribution) to check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PyoijgijT4

Japanese publisher E-Xtreme posted a PDF about the game but there's not much in it aside from a logo and an updated version of the mech art. Here's the GoogleTranslate of the PDF anyway, sorry I can't translate like a good person:

"Heavy machine soldiers LEYNOS" --- (Assault Suits Leynos) The latest series will be released in PlayStation4!

- Fan of yesteryear also 2D action of assent -

Stock Board (the "Extreme" Shohei Sato, following: Toshima-ku, Tokyo, CEO, Head Office) Ltd Extreme Dracue Inc. (Head Office: Kita-ku, Osaka, President: Hiroki Tomino, hereinafter referred to as "Dracue") is, PlayStation ® 4 software for "OmoSo-ki We decided to release the 2014 year LEYNOS soldiers ".

Released from Messiah (Nippon Computer System Co., Ltd.) in 1990 is "heavy machine soldiers RAYNOS" real you stole the show Is a robot action shooting game. The original story greatly and directing the graphic as it is in this work Power up to. We will adjustment is made, such as refined and map additional boss, in terms of gameplay. Dracue you have developed a "cancer KiSoryo soldiers hound" series is responsible for the production of this time. "KiSoryo-heiga The expectation nascent development team which realized an overwhelming 2D multi-joint action of Nhaundo "deals with the" heavy machine soldiers LEYNOS"

This work has been announced production indie game festival still held in Kyoto in "BitSummit MMXIV" is already. To, some we have to progress the development state playable in the PlayStation ® 4 on. "Further heavy machine soldiers RAYNOS" is. Etc. to obtain a special Achievement Award in BitSummit Awards, has attracted attention as early.

leynos_ps4.gif

Thanks viveks86 for starting this thread (and Family Fry for a different thread on the same topic)

shimrra

Target Earth
I thought I would never hear that name again, that game is one of the hardest games on the Genesis. For true hardcore fans they should go find a copy of the game and give it a go.

tumblr_lkqocdLHpR1qj9qhto1_500.gif

"everytime i think i'm out they pull me back in"

Top Bottom