• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

several Versus XIII tracks included in new Yoko Shimomura CD

soul

Yoko Shimomura, one of Square Enix's most accomplished composers which is mainly known for composing the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise soundtracks, is to release a new CD called Drammatica -The Very Best Of Yoko Shimomura.

The new CD features music from Kingdom Hearts, Front Mission, Secret of Mana and as a bonus Yoko Shimomura decided to include several bonus tracks from her current on-going project Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which should give us an early preview on the game's OST.

The CD is scheduled for release in Japan on March 26, 2008 for Yen ¥3,000, which translates to approx. US$ 28.

near

Gold Member
Awesome. I'm definitely purchasing this, Yoko Shimomura is a great composer and musician. I'd be a fool to miss this. :lol Versus XIII tracks as well OMG.

sakuragi

Banned
Versus just keeps on getting higher and higher on my most wanted list. Now the wait wll be unbearable. Love you Nomura sama

Darji

Banned
why do we get more and more infos about Versus but almost nothing about FFXIII? I always thought that Versus would be released long time after FFXIII.

Darji said:
why do we get more and more infos about Versus but almost nothing about FFXIII? I always thought that Versus would be released long time after FFXIII.

Well, it isn't really "info," just music.

Darji said:
sure but music plays an important role in a RP. For me at least^^

Oh me too. Sometimes I almost look forward to the soundtrack about as much as the game... and that isn't knocking on the game, but that's just how much I love some of the soundtracks.

vpance

So I heard what's supposedly the theme for Versus. Niiice if it's legit. It's a hauntingly beautiful track. Anyone hear it yet? It's not from the trailers.

Darji said:

Because the Versus Guy will be singing in one of the tracks.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Did she do the arrangement for the track "Type A" (Tetris) on the SSBX OST? It sounded very much like her...

And yes, she's definitely up there with all the other SE sound-team luminaries. Might give this OST a look.

lyre

I just heard the track; while haunting, it's not exactly very memorable, nor anywhere near her best work.

I'm hoping the rest of the OST doesn't phail.

Desi

If what posted is it. I like it, though it has a common feel to it. Like something I heard in several movies before aka not totally unique. If that was what she was going for she well succeeded. It does set the mood for the Shakespearean tale they are trying to tell though.

lyre

Desi said:
If what posted is it. I like it, though it has a common feel to it. Like something I heard in several movies before aka not totally unique. If that was what she was going for she well succeeded. It does set the mood for the Shakespearean tale they are trying to tell though.
Yep, that's the one. And agreed, it's totally forgettable.

For just a regular song on the OST it'd be rather nice, but theme songs are suppose to be memorable and that just isn't. So hopefully it's fake.

sounds like just a regular song from the OST...its not really stand out, but its not absolutely shitty either. Every rpg has some zzzz tracks though...

The main theme is obviously the one chosen for the trailer...which is probably one of the better tracks Ive heard in an rpg for the last few

YYZ

That's the main theme? It's very bleh for a main theme. It sounds like a song you'd hear going through a quiet/mysterious forest like the one in FFX (the forest before the area with the battle arena). Too slow, that's the problem.

I can't figure out if it's trying to be romantic or lonely... I can imagine wandering down an empty street at night with this music or maybe a long corridor.

Oh, this is the main theme? Hmmmm... I dunno, maybe it's an alternate version, I'd need some context.

batbeg

Why has everyone decided this is the main theme again?

I like it, very beautiful and melancholy. I'm not sure how much I'd like it as a main theme, especially against the beautiful trailer music, but it's still a fantastic song.

nobody said it was the main theme.... nobody even confirmed its a track from game...

between this and the trailer track which seems more stirring? use brain people

Kinan

Thats cant be a main theme, completely not fitting darkish Versus style. As one of the side tracks its pretty decent.

Ceb

Whatever it is, I like it. The piano makes me think it could be authentic. The song would be great for an opening credits sequence.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Did anyone notice that the beginning of the song greatly resembles the beginning of FFXII's "The Forgotten Capital" track (played at Nabreus Deadlands)?

Crusade

I like it, but I hope it's not the main theme

The music they've shown off in the trailers is better though, I'm not too worried

needs some drums to give it that oomph. but it's calming to say nonetheless.

confirmed; someone dies and this song will be played.

Desi

Grivenger said:
Did anyone notice that the beginning of the song greatly resembles the beginning of FFXII's "The Forgotten Capital" track (played at Nabreus Deadlands)?
Yeah I noticed that too. It strayed away real fast though.

I think it's a beautiful piece of incidental music. It actually reminds me a little bit of the Philip Glass score for The Hours.

Not every piece of score music has to be "HAY GUYS LOOK AT ME! I HAVE DRUMS! I HAVE A BIG SHRIEKING WOODWIND SECTION. THE LEAD TRUMPET GUY HAS PASSED OUT FROM HYPEROXIA."

Zanasea

This is NOT the theme from Versus! It's a fake. The name of this track is "Makubex", from the anime Get Backers.

kurahadol

Zanasea said:
This is NOT the theme from Versus! It's a fake. The name of this track is "Makubex", from the anime Get Backers.

Yeah I definitely thought it was fake, either way still an awesome track :lol

Top Bottom