• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF5 Collector's Edition and Pre Order Costumes Announced

6459443006a3d498c7df2d9a33991d2d.jpg

Going on sale for MSRP $99.99 in North America, the Street Fighter V Collector’s Edition is the ultimate package for fans of the series! Check out all the contents below (and please note that above image is stll work in progress):

SFV game disc
The standard SFV game disc and case is included in every Collector’s Edition.
10 inch, fully painted Ryu statue
Meticulously articulated and commanding in stature, the sculpture depicts Ryu preparing for his next battle. The Collector’s Edition packaging is specially windowed as well so that you can see the top half of the statue from the outside.
48p hardcover artbook
Jam-packed with design sketches and other behind-the-scenes materials that shed light behind the development process of the game.
Code Cards for additional downloadable content:
Udon Digital Street Fighter Comics
A collection of some of Udon’s finest work with the Street Fighter comic series.
SFV Soundtrack Sampler
Curated selection of some of the best tunes from the game.
Twitch One-Month Subscription to Capcom Fighters channel
This bonus is actually included with every standard copy of SFV, and gives a free one-month subscription to the Capcom Fighters channel on Twitch, which grants exclusive access to special Street Fighter chat emoticons, as well as video archive access.

The Collector’s Edition should be up for pre-order at select retailers soon, so be sure to keep an eye out as quantities will be limited! And yes, if you pre-order the Collector’s Edition, you will also get online beta access, as well as the exclusive pre-order costume for that retailer if they have one.

The costumes are retailer exclusive.

GAMESTOP: Battle Costume Ryu
BEST BUY: Battle Costume Cammy
AMAZON: Battle Costume M. Bison
PlayStation Store/PC Digital: Battle Costume Chun-Li

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...umes-and-collectors-edition-for-north-america

Tizoc

What're the pre-order costumes?

Also can't believe they're sticking with that cover, Ryu with the V-sign is just...ugh.
Really hope that's still a place holder...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, statues don't impress me too much since I'd rather buy a separate high quality figure if I wanted one. I wish it had a Steelbook.

Still, I'll be getting this.

EDIT: Wow at the Cammy and Chun alts. Looking good.

cwistofu

Not that I would have bought this, but pretty odd timing, given they've probably already gotten most of the hardcore fans that would have bought this to preorder the regular version for Beta access.

Not a big deal for people who ordered physical, but particularly annoying for people in my situation, who preordered digitally via PSN and can't cancel.

Rezae

Might be the first collectors edition I buy in ages... Perhaps I'll have Ryu and Drake on my shelf together.

Hubb

Probably going to skip. Not interested in the figure at all, and I don't see anything worth paying $100 for once you remove that.

Skilletor

Bearded Ryu
Goatee Bison
Cammy and CHun with long hair

These are outfits picked right from my soul. Also makes me so hype to see new outfits since they're going to be mixing up hairstyles already.

Would buy the CE, but no point buying a disc on a game I'll be playing for the next 8 years.

BadWolf

Looks like someone saw that older bearded Ryu fanart.

Cammy looking good without braids, shorts or pants would have been nice with that.

DrArchon

Looks like the costumes are retailer exclusive? Fuck off with that Capcom. Nobody in their right mind like that.

Also, nice job giving the girls costumes that reveal even more skin. Really hope this isn't indicative of all the future costumes.

Moaradin

I can't wait to see all the costumes this games gonna have. First ones they announced and they already have very different looks. Exciting :D

Tizoc

wait the costumes are retailer exclusive too? ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Since they said that all DLC will be free, which I assume includes the outfits, these outfits can either be bought or unlocked by playing the game.

In which case they'd just be a quick unlock in this case :p

Might get the CE but undecided. I do like all of the alternate costumes however, I hope those will go up for sale separately...but this is Capcom so they probably will at some point.

Sou Da

This is some 'ol Bullshit, they knew we wanted that Ryu alt as the default. There's no way they didn't know.
mjcry1.png

Tizoc

bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg

Wow i need this. Is this PS4 only? How can i get this on PC? Always wanted beard ryu

Capcom stated during EVO that the DLC can be unlocked by playing the game or by buying from the store. At most this'd be an early unlock as I posted previously.
This game is coming to Steam, been stated since Day 1.

Skilletor

Since they said that all DLC will be free, which I assume includes the outfits, these outfits can either be bought or unlocked by playing the game.

In which case they'd just be a quick unlock in this case :p

Not all cosmetic DLC will be free, just stuff that affects gameplay.

cwistofu

Shit, PSN preorders better get these costumes!

I guess it doesn't matter, I will pay for these anyway. Capcom has me by the balls.

Top Bottom