• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF5 Collector's Edition and Pre Order Costumes Announced

//ARCANUM

Not sure if it was posted, but amazon has it up for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014PCUKJO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

edit - woah! and the pictures of the item on the left side show Resident Evil 0 for some reason hahaha

T2ta11O.png

LaserHawk

They aren't related. You do not need the CE for the costumes. They are retail exclusive though, which sucks but at least you don't have to fork out $100 for 1 of them.

Oh, that's good. I'd probably will buy most of the other ones after getting my free one.

RM8

I can't get over the awesomeness of Ryu and Cammy's costumes. Please, be available in many colors like in SF4 :0

//ARCANUM

Something is wrong with that link, if I copy www.amazon.com/streetfighter it works, but if you click on the whole link it's a blank page?

Plus on that page there's screenshots of Resident evil Zero HD?

yeah for some reason it loads a blank page for me too and then after 2 seconds it loads the amazon page. the link you posted just gives me an error lol. If you just amazon search for Street Fighter V Collector's Edition it's the first thing that comes up.

KingBroly

Banned
Two things:

1 - It doesn't appear like anyone's selling a Retail PC version of the game, Standard or CE, so they're limiting PC players' choices. Extremely lame.

2 - By offering costumes through codes instead of Fight Money, they're basically confirming that DLC isn't cross-buy between PSN and Steam, so Capcom isn't building a back-end for this stuff. Very dumb.

Papacheeks

Banned
yeah for some reason it loads a blank page for me too and then after 2 seconds it loads the amazon page. the link you posted just gives me an error lol. If you just amazon search for Street Fighter V Collector's Edition it's the first thing that comes up.

Yea, saw that, but it's weird for screenshots they have resident evil up on the page?

Waiting for gamestop's to go up.

PaypayTR

Banned
Salt for chun li alt is too damn high.

also WesternFG devs should take notes from designs.All females looking like man faces in latest MK games

Hubb

Two things:

1 - It doesn't appear like anyone's selling a Retail PC version of the game, Standard or CE, so they're limiting PC players' choices. Extremely lame.

2 - By offering costumes through codes instead of Fight Money, they're basically confirming that DLC isn't cross-buy between PSN and Steam, so Capcom isn't building a back-end for this stuff. Very dumb.

This would be the worst. I'd buy it for both PS4/PC if they allowed a shared account. Now back to deciding which to buy it for.

Papacheeks

Banned
Two things:

1. Most serious players and majority of community are on consoles.

2. When was the last time you say a PC collectors edition for a console centric game?

Witcher 3 is the only one recently I can think of, and I own that one.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing they could throw in there to make me preorder would be the upcoming Blu Ray release of the Street Fighter II animated movie.
Mostly because it is finally releasing uncensored.

BPBiorr

Cammy's outfit kinda remindes me of Jill's scuba outfit in Re:Revelations but I guess blue scub outfits aren't all that uncommon.

farisr

I'll wait for Super Street Fighter V.

Or the third version.

Whatever comes first.

Not gonna happen. However, I guess you can wait for the game to go down in price and then purchase all the DLC that comes out later. Make your own Super version.

KingBroly

Banned
1. Most serious players and majority of community are on consoles.

2. When was the last time you say a PC collectors edition for a console centric game?

Witcher 3 is the only one recently I can think of, and I own that one.

Your 2nd point misses my first point by quite a lot. Basically Capcom is telling PC players, which they're heavily courting as this magical cross-play thing this time around despite being "exclusive" that they have no choice in terms of how to buy the game if they want any extras.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'll wait for Super Street Fighter V.

Or the third version.

Whatever comes first.

Not likely happening. One version that will get updated over the next couple years. Theya re trying to not split the community, since players can play against PC.

You buy STFV and it's the only version you need to buy, they will add and update the game. Most updates will be available for free.

Savitar

Didn't Capcom say that there's only going to be one version of SF5

You do know they confirmed that's not happening, right?

There won't be one, SFV will just have one version.

『Inaba Resident』;177055754 said:
Gonna be waiting forever

Not gonna happen. However, I guess you can wait for the game to go down in price and then purchase all the DLC that comes out later. Make your own Super version.

Considering this is Capcom we're talking about...........you guys have a lot of faith.

Sesha

Dat ossan Ryu. Chun looks like she's barely wearing anything.

And lol at retailer exclusive. Stay backwards, game publishers.

Might as well be the Ryu default. I can't imagine anyone playing him won't pick it.

This is why they should just go redesign crazy with all of the characters for future iterations. All this complaining about how veterans like Ryu should always look like his classic self are just empty farts to the wind. Nobody outside of a few internet guys are that attached to Ryu's classic design that they would cry betrayal if Ryu and other veterans got badass designs like this as their default look.

Top Bottom