• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's ideal body type. I'm serious. He would love to look like Abigail.

WTF? Are they even trying anymore? This is straight up trash.

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

J-Tier

I'm kind of a fan. I think he looks great. My first thought was Montana from Battleborn, but the proportions of that guy were straight up ugly. Abigail, isn't as exaggerated and is actually kinda funny.

Though, if I had a choice, I would've picked Haggar.

Village

Anything that slightly deviates from the norm gets hate from the general community. People will slobber for generic trash like Laura, but actively shit on anything that comes across as different. It's either cool broody guys or hot girls to them, anything else can GTFO.

I don't think laura is generic trash, I just don't think she has a single good outfit. Her swimsuit is like ok

Anything that slightly deviates from the norm gets hate from the general community. People will slobber for generic trash like Laura, but actively shit on anything that comes across as different. It's either cool broody guys or hot girls to them, anything else can GTFO.

Sorry but the guys design reminds of a generic 90s comic trash design. Nothing about it looks unique.

Raw64life

Still haven't bought SFV yet until there's an acceptable version I can buy, and character designs like this certainly aren't going to make me change my mind anytime soon.

But nacalli is fine
and ed is fine
and kolin is fine
and laura is... mostly fine

Sf4 had bad designs
sf3 had bad designs
sfa had bad designs
sf2 had bad designs
sf1 is mostly bad designs

One design you don't like isn't tarnishing a legacy

you don't like abigail, that's fine. I'm not too hot on his looks either, but he isn't tarnishing a legacy

I understand that what I said sounds a bit hyperbolic...and of course, this is all subjective in the end. For me, SF2 and the SFA series is just about flawless in terms of character design, aside from a couple of boring characters like Fei Long and T. Hawk. Neither is actively embarrassing, just not exciting. SF3 is simply fresh to death in every single way to me, the art direction is mind-blowing, imo.

For me, SF4 was the beginning of the end. C. Viper is okay, Rufus is wretched, Juri is pretty awful (enjoy her character, though). The new SFV folks are just terrible to me, Ed and Laura are some sub-King of Fighters NESTS saga shit, Necalli is sooo bad...

I don't know. It's disappointing to me. But if you're into it, I'm not going to say you're wrong. Tarnished legacy in my eyes, at least, if not in yours.

These season two characters are just really uninteresting imo. Still have not gotten the season pass or really played this year. Still waiting for something to be interesting about this season. Between the eh characters and weak stages outside Akuma's... I just can't get into this game anymore.

Still hanging in there with hope but theres two left.

I'll be interested to see how he fares in terms of actual gameplay. Trailers can make any character look like they're gonna be batshit crazy, but we'll see when Capcom gives us a Capcom Unity update with his details.

I like characters that are physical monsters that fight with virtually no technique, and Abigail is that.

kewlmyc

Went in expecting Rose's apprentice. Got....that instead.

Looks like Hugo. Moveset is fine, but not a fan of the overly muscled design to be honest.

Moaradin

F.A.N.G got a ton of hate when he was revealed and he ended up being the best new character in the game. I'm willing to give this guy a chance.

Sapientas

Really great animations as always, but I really dislike his design. Usually I don't care for ridiculously muscular or fat characters, however this is the epitome of that.

Perineum

As a Hugo main in SF4 I am curious about him. His normal outfit is trash, but his other two costumes look alright. I like the welding mask one a bit more.

I agree with others though that he's designed pretty shitty design wise, but maybe he will play well? Lot of armor moves. His giant hitbox makes me nervous you can do stupid shit to him in the corner you can't on the rest of the cast.

Oh well. Still not going to get me to rebuy the game Capcom, but I will enjoy watching him if he plays fun.

This stings worse because EVO just graced us with amazing announcements.

Jedah in Marvel
Who's the X-Men?
Geese in Tekken
Skullomania and Duran return (not in SFV)
Jubei is finally playable in BlazBlue
Ruby Rose is in an Arc Sys All Stars fighting game

I mean I'm always down for more Final Fight characters, but Abigail was just a Hugo clone in the game. The design looks bad. If the head was proportional it would be fine? Maybe even better hair? Hugo actually has a proportional design and doesn't look bad. Was this really the best design they could come up with for a 'monster' brawler? Hell the CFN art was fine, it looked fine. But suddenly they threw that out the window whenever they decided to put him in the game for real. Whoever is in charge of SFV seems to have a growth fetish considering Ed and now Abigail.

After this weekend this is just a joke.

What's bad about his design exactly?

Sure, he's ugly, but ugliness doesn't equal bad design.

He certainly stands out among the cast. He looks super fun.

And that stage is my favourite yet for sure.

I don't get it. Why are they just putting random Final Fight characters into SFV?

They have been since SF Alpha. Sodom, Guy, Cody, Rolento, Hugo and Poison are all from FF.

7Th

I'm glad Capcom is still the righteous piñata of the FGC. Burn that shit to the ground so something better can come up from the ashes.

Top Bottom