• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

Goodstyle

Sorry but the guys design reminds of a generic 90s comic trash design. Nothing about it looks unique.

I dunno, he literally flicks people in the face as a throw and turns you into a punching bag for his super. He seems unique among SF characters at least.

Also, I'm not saying weird automatically equals good, just that it shouldn't always be written off. I can't stand El Fuerte for example, so I understand how people who are put off by Abigail feel. All I'm saying is people should give him more of a chance to win you over.

ffdgh

I think he's hilarious with his over the top design and attacks.
KuGsj.gif
Those dislikes though.

Teepo671

I kinda like him. What's wrong with the design?
Isn't he basically just Hugo with a mohawk? Is it because his proportions are kind of goofy or those tire armbands?

Village

She was hyped to hell and back as a BRAND NEW MYSTERY CHARACTER for Ultra.

Then they go and reveal a "clone". People didn't take that well.

Disappointing as that was, I don't think she's that bad. And if she's revealed, much like ed , she could get a post sfv design that just strait up differentiates her visually

But I feel ya, I just... rufus is much worse is all i'm saying. Also T hawk

Disappointing as that was, I don't think she's that bad. And if she's revealed, much like ed , she could get a post sfv design that just strait up differentiates her visually

But I feel ya, I just... rufus is much worse is all i'm saying. Also T hawk
Decapre turned out to be a really fun character, I'm talking exclusively about the reveal

He'a going to be ass. But I really want to play him.

Also, what is he saying during one of his specials? Sounds like "white power"

Sounds like it to me too. A transgender character who uses Bane's Venom who shouts white power? I'm confused Capcom. I don't think you know what progressive means.

Thores

I like that he's huge and hideous. His design is really dumb but in a fun way. I'm looking forward to trying him out next week.

I actually dig his gigantic size. He looks really interesting from a gameplay perspective. I'm not a fan of SF's character designs in general so him looking odd is just par for the course to me.

I don't even really like SFV and yet I feel the need to defend this. The hate for Capcom at this point is ludicrous. Some of you are out for blood!

kaydigi

I don't like the design, the goofy punch animation are really throwing me off. The stage and theme look really good though. Will they ever fix survival mode so you can fight against any of the dlc characters?

Sounds like it to me too. A transgender character who uses Bane's Venom who shouts white power? I'm confused Capcom. I don't think you know what progressive means.

Wait what? Transgender? That's not official is it?

Are you just saying that because of the name?

And why did anyone think he was black, because he has darkish skin in some of his artwork?
The FF sprite looks fully caucasian to me.

kodecraft

I kinda like him. What's wrong with the design?
Isn't he basically just Hugo with a mohawk? Is it because his proportions are kind of goofy or those tire armbands?

No he's not 'basically just Hugo' they fight completely different. Hugo is a grappler. Abigail is looking to brawl.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I saw the reveal trailer on Youtube-- did Ono reveal him at Evo or has he not come out yet?

fresquito

Those people are clearly stupid. Season 2 has been great so far and I believe Abigail is being very underrated right now due to his OTT design.
People calling S2 bad are mostly people don't play SFV anymore. Akuma is a top character, Kolin I don't like that much, but she is bringing something no other character brings. Ed is good fun and I expect him to do good once Capcom decides to fix his combos (so many whiffs). S2 has been solid so far.

Because they do it all the time? Most of the other bosses have been in a SF game, Abigail is a boss character.

Why did they put Rolento and Sodom in Alpha?

Do they? Poison has been the only Final Fight character to make it in without having a Street Fighter legacy, which makes one Final Fight character in over 17 years.

Lothars

Not surprising people are shitting on everything sfv but I think the character is cool, I look forward to trying him out.

OVDRobo

Nothing glaringly different about him at all. Definitely looks like a buff human and not a walking semi. Also the skin tone is noticeably different.

I'd also like to point out that his own collar is clipping into him on the one screenshot I attempted to take from the video. This character is probably going to make other character's clipping issues look like nothing.

bethore

Design aside, I have to say this season has been extremely disappointing in terms of the characters in general. When they originally announced Akuma and stated that the other five characters coming this season would be new to the fighting genre there was some doubts as to what exactly that meant. People were right in thinking that just meant NPCs turned into playable characters. The last silhouette is almost guaranteed to be Azam. Next character is probably just going to be another NPC turned playable. Not a single original character this season. So disappointing.

Village

I mean...ya'll can Stan for blonde fight man and mustache wrestler guy all you want, but let's keep it a hundred.

Don't talk shit about blond protagonist, Asian best friend, and father in law trying to save his daughter with a very specific set of (wrestling) skills!

( Cody guy and haggar are the best, shut up nerd. )

Lulubop

Nothing glaringly different about him at all. Definitely looks like a buff human and not a walking semi. Also the skin tone is noticeably different.

I'd also like to point out that his own collar is clipping into him on the one screenshot I attempted to take from the video. This character is probably going to make other character's clipping issues look like nothing.

just looks more jacked, don't see. The skin color thing is def wtf tho, did he get reverse birdie?

Top Bottom