• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Ibuki is not releasing in May

AAK

After the travesty that is Alex, I'd rather they take the time and get the rest of the characters right.

CLEEK

I can only assume at some point we'll see a LinkedIn profile for the one dude at Capcom who is solely responsible for all DLC, testing, release and Game-as-a-service updates. Poor bastard.

Zubz

Banned
I'm pretty glad I waited on the Season Pass; this has all seemed like a bit of a mess. I like Guile now, but I can just wait until October when there'll inevitably be a sale.

Hag

fuck capcom lol cant even stick with the schedule

I hope its early June not the last day of the month

Missing the May target is one thing. Cutting off the communication like they did (and still do right now for the english audience) is inexplicable.

JediLink

The way Capcom is handling everything about this game is makes me nervous about everything else they're possibly planning. DMC5 to be even more unfinished than 4?

Ryce

I have a feeling story mode won't properly be revealed until E3, meaning we might have several weeks to go before Ibuki gets released.

guile-head-shake-o.gif

Order

I'm conflicted.

We weren't getting a character in June anyway so this doesn't mess up the schedule at all.

BUT Capcom waiting until literally the last minute instead of letting their fans know early. That's some bullshit.

Bob White

You're still getting the character, aren't you? I get being pissed at the delay (I am, as well), but this is a dumb statement to make. Nothing from the season pass is getting canceled.

What? Zenny shop isn't up yet and people still have free access to these characters that were a perk of the season pass. I'm more pissed that there being nothing in May at all in terms of content to make this pass seem like it's worth a damn.

Daft Punk

Banned
HAHA. Oh this is just sweet retribution for everyone glad they skipped Balrog for Ibuki. Hop on board the Waiting Train!

fuck capcom lol cant even stick with the schedule

I hope its early June not the last day of the month

It'll be the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the last day of the month.

Or very close to it.

Capcom seriously needs to work on their communication. They left us all at the airport holding flowers and a big Ibuki sign with Balrog scribbled out.

Zubz

Banned
You're still getting the character, aren't you? I get being pissed at the delay (I am, as well), but this is a dumb statement to make. Nothing from the season pass is getting canceled.

I think the idea is that people got the Season Pass to lock-in and get every character ASAP, and it trusts Capcom to deliver on time. A delay fails them on both fronts. And a Season Pass leaves room for delays by design, but a delay can still lead to some buyer's remorse.

Shauni

What? Zenny shop isn't up yet and people still have free access to these characters that were a perk of the season pass. I'm more pissed that there being nothing in May at all in terms of content to make this pass seem it's worth a damn.

When the zenny shop launches you'll get to keep the characters, others who didn't buy the pass, won't, and you also get the premium costumes and stages, as well, that they never had. Again, nothing is getting canceled from the pass. Being pissed about the delay is reasonable, but this is some fairly petty shit, to be honest.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
And...why was this not said when they had the trailer up yesterday?

I don't understand the communication for this game whatsoever.

That's disappointing - they should have revealed Ibuki earlier in the month and then said that it's coming with more goodies during the June update. Their communication with this game has been pretty damn bad, I'm not sure why. Even Marvel vs Capcom 3 was better than this and they dropped support for that game very quickly.

They can at least throw in the daytime Kanzuki Estate though, as that is obviously finished.

213372bu

Banned
And a cash stop still isn't functioning for the game, lol.

At least people like me can play these characters completely free for the foreseeable future, and just have enough in-game currency to buy any other characters that might look cool.

Season pass owners have to be furious though.

pizzacat

Banned
The news isn't that important or disappointing. It's the fact that we are told so late that irks me. Whatever. What can be done really

lol Capcom...Why the fuck would you wait till the last fucking day of the month to announce this? And after showing the Ibuki trailer last night?

What a dumb ass move. How do they keep topping themselves again and again?

Top Bottom