• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Mordor 2 in development

Today we found a clue which made us believe that the sequel of the critical acclaimed game is nearly to be announced. On famous stunt Lauren Mary Kim‘s Curriculum Vitae we found Shadow of Mordor 2 in the last line of Motion Capture section. Kim is a stunt worked for numerous AAA film project like Fast & Furious 7, Transformers 4, Suicide Squad and Daredevil (tv-series). She also worked for various videogames CGI trailer, like Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham Knight, Assassin’s Cred Unity, God of War Ascension, the upcoming Mafia III and… Shadow of Mordor 2. Looking at her physical aspect and stunt abilities she could play the Lithariel role.

The line specifically states “Shadows of Mordor 2 – Stunts/Acting – Blur” in Motion Capture section. Blur Studio is one of the most famous and most valued CGI team for movie projects (Deadpool) and many videogames trailer in CGI (Batman Arkham Knight, Dishonored 2, The Division, etc.)

laurenkimshadowofmordor2.jpg

Source

Courage

Makes sense. Wasn't a fan of the first but the nemesis system was very promising, so hopefully they build on that.

The nemesis system was good and suited a LOTR universe game but the story was bad and I didn't think much of the world they created, I hope a sequel would be better for that

Flarin

I for one am completely shocked by this news.

First one was cool but could have used more interesting environments. Hopefully 2 takes that next leap!

The nemesis system was good and suited a LOTR universe game but the story was bad and I didn't think much of the world they created, I hope a sequel would be better for that

There is only so much they can really do with the story, but I'm surprised nobody else has tried to copy the nemises system yet.

There is only so much they can really do with the story, but I'm surprised nobody else has tried to copy the nemises system yet.

If you put it in that universe there is plenty you can do, for me it wasn't a good "Middle Earth" universe game, putting Gollum in it for 5 minutes doesn't really do that.

I wonder how a sequel would do. I really liked it, but it also felt like a very time-and-place game to me. It came out at a really good and fairly early time in the console cycle, in a pretty empty month.

Curious to see it either way.

georly

Good. Adored the first one. I don't know what it is about the WB open world formula, but I eat it up. Will buy (on sale, just like every other WB open world game that drops to 70% off within the first 4 months).

Lingitiz

The first game kind of came off as a wet fart to me. Terrible story and characters with generic Troy Baker voice acting. The nemesis system surprisingly did very little for me and I had no attachment to my nemesis at the end of the game. Hope they can clean that stuff up for a sequel because it has a lot of potential.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really enjoyed the first one despite some of the more glaring flaws like the really poorly done boss battles. I actually think this is a game more hampered by the property its based on as it doesn't really do anything interesting with the LotR's IP and in the same way, is held back looking like a rather generic fantasy game because of this. I'd love to see the Nemesis system, the base gameplay, etc. in a much more interesting setting.

Banned
Well hopefully they expand upon it beyond what the first one was, which was essentially AAA: The Game. I'll look forward to it.

Chambers35

Neo Member
Played the first fairly recently and it's a solid game :) Enjoyed it enough to get the Platinum trophy too.

Looking forward to a sequel, however it's done. Definitely be keeping this on my radar :D Cheers!

The first one's nemesis system was very interesting, so I hope that comes back. The game itself was fun for a little bit, but ti felt like it kind of tapered off after a few hours,so I hope they take the sequel into a slightly different direction.

btags

The first game was interesting to some degree, but as others have said it did not have a very good story (pretty bad actually), very bland looking environments (and not in a good way, a bland mordor could be done that would look much better), and worst of all it suffered from Far Cry syndrome by opening up a new portion of the map halfway through the game and having you repeat what you had already done in the first area in the second area.

I really hope they focus on making a better fiction and world than the first game, as well as diversify the game a bit. Otherwise I will just pass on a sequel.

bebop242

Most overrated game so far this gen, but it will be interesting to see where they go with the nemesis system and not being cross gen.

Memory

Loved the first game, I would like an optional female playable character (not just a skin) and an improved/expanded Nemesis system and it'll be day one for me.

Gurish

The first one did well during the biggest drought in consoles gaming I think (seriously 2014 was one of the worst years ever in gaming), I'm not sure the sequel will do as good now that people have great alternatives but we'll see.

skynidas

Banned
first one was sooo overrated. the game was cool but people giving it game of the year awards was ridiculous. hope they add more interesting things to the sequel.

Mogwai

The Nemesis system must be the biggest pseudo-innovation in HD gaming. Boring as heck if you ask me.

I hope they improve upon mechanics and the game world. The game looked really good but the world was way too empty.

The first one did well during the biggest drought in consoles gaming I think (seriously 2014 was one of the worst years ever in gaming), I'm not sure the sequel will do as good now that people have great alternatives but we'll see.

Perhaps it would be able to maintain how the first one did by releasing it out of the holiday, early/middle of the year

Thread doesn't have 'SHOCKING NEWS' in the title. Almost missed it! ;)

As for Shadow of Mordor, it was decent fun for a weekend, but it grew repetitive after a couple days. Hopefully the sequel has a bit more to it.

Top Bottom