• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Mordor 2 in development

void666

Banned
First one had great combat in a generic open world. Nemesis system was interesting. But halfway through the game you are pretty much the god of death and nemesis system becomes irrelevant.

They're not gonna trick me into buying it this time! Probably one of the most generic and lifeless of the tower killer games, and it wasn't even made by Ubi.

"But how can you say it was lifeless? One of the enemies had a name and said 'Hello again'?"

Barf. Hopefully they can have a better set of villains than "some dude in a hood" and "some dude with a helmet" next time too.

Walpurgis

Banned
I haven't gotten around to the first one yet but I look forward to reading about how they are expanding on the nemesis system. Tying it to online so you can avenge your friends would be sweet (if they haven't done it already).

Coxy100

Banned
Really thought I'd love this coz I'm obsessed with Lord of the rings - but just couldn't get into shadow.

I didn't get the combat mechanics - can't remember the exact mechanics - but don't you have to chop the bosses heads off to properly remove them from nemesis system? I killed them outright yet they kept coming back - just didn't get it!

(Was rushing the play through so I could play blood borne)

Awesome, now if they can just fine tune the campaign now so it works in tangent with the nemesis system instead of the other way around that would be a great improvement. Also actual boss battles would be a welcomed edition, I have no desire to quick time event Sauron again to death. Still enjoyed the crap out of the first game however, just needs some adjustments.

FLECKO

YES! gimme
o82hOiA.gif

ryseing

Hype.

Wonder where they're going to go with it. There was a cliffhanger but I don't see how they can stay within established canon.

antitrop

There's a lot of room for improvement in the open-world design. Hope it moves past the generic Ubisoft checklist the first game was, while naturally improving on the Nemesis system.

I would also appreciate a higher difficulty level, for a game that relies on the player dying to have its main gimmick work, it was way too easy.

AHA-Lambda

And this time maybe not make the game pathetically easy so that the nemesis system isn't totally worthless.

Otherwise, it's one of the better open world action games of late so I'll keep my eye on it.

Shifty

A sequel? No shit after the ending to the first game.

Excited, but please don't do something antithetical to the massive, pre-established world lore at the last minute this time.

BouncyFrag

Can play as Wizard please? Enough with generic action/stealth man
A game shedding light into the travels of these two mysterious wizards could be compelling. They are barely referenced in the lore, but there were artifacts of them in Shadow of Mordor to find which was one of my favorite moments in the game as I have always been facisnated by them.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Wizards
The Blue Wizards (or the Ithryn Luin) were two notoriously mysterious characters of Middle-earth, so-named because they both wore sea-blue robes. They were only hinted at in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, where Gandalf and Saruman, respectively, say there are five Wizards. However, other writings of Tolkien have more to say. In Tolkien's Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age we are told that aside from Curunír (Saruman), Mithrandir (Gandalf), and Radagast, there were "others of the Istari who went into the east of Middle-earth, and do not come into these tales."

KorrZ

Shadow of Mordor is prime candidate for a sequel. They have the core system in place now which everyone loved, so all they really need to do is iterate, make the world a bit more interesting to play around in and it'll be gold.

Gold_Loot

Good deal. Makes sense though. I'm sure they needed to see a few more Assassin's Creed sequels for some more, "inspiration" ;)

CHC

Great! The first had ridiculously fun combat and handled hordes of orc really, really nicely. The world was extremely blah, though, so like many others I'd love to see something a little more engaging in that department.

User1608

Banned
Awesome. Liked the setting, love LOTR and the nemesis system was awesome. Hope they make the combat more challenging though!

Raptor

Just put more variety in the open world, I want to go inside Fangorn, Moria, underground caves systems, etc.

I loved the combat so much I went to strongholds to pass some time and kill some Uruks by the time I was done I had kileld probably hundreds of them :p

Badassery!

Falchion

Less grinding in 2 please, the first was still fun most or the time though. Just hater having to brand all those warchiefs.

Mathieran

Banned
I know this game gets shit on a lot, but I never got tired of decapitating orcs or manipulating leaders into doing my bidding. So I am looking forward to a sequel.

Hope story is better this time though. Would have been better off not using LOTR franchise imo. The ending was god awful.

papo

Loved the first one, now if the second one would just go back into the millennia of years of stories that are set in Middle Earth. Maybe Beren and Luthien? Play as a Dwarf? Have Morgoth in?

Fix the nemesis system so it's still solid even if youre too good at the game

Make the Combat not as fucking easy where you could never get hit if you keep jumping around and mash the attack button to win (with regular baddies).

For the love of God get someone better to design boss encounters.

Get more varied locations that don't blend into one another in a sea of brown.

hydruxo

Never did end up playing the first one even though I was always interested in it. It seemed like it laid down a solid foundation for a sequel though, so I have high hopes for this.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really hope they work on the world, though. The first game's was so bland and boring.

It felt unfinished.

KodaRuss

Kinda wish they would work on a new IP. I really did not like the game at all. There are some very good ideas of the game but there have not been too many games I have tried where I wanted to quit an hour or two into it.

Top Bottom