• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Mordor 2 in development

Roshin

Good. This could be really good with a stronger story, better missions, more variety, and an improved Nemesis system.

eggandI

Banned
Asscreed with orcs. The first one was so incredibly bad and uninspired it actually made me take a break from gaming for a few months.

Omadahl

Banned
I'll skip it. It was fun for a out 4 hours and got horrendously repetitive. I ended up skipping all optional content just to finish it within 15 hours. My biggest gripe is that they really need to make the sequel difficult. After you figure out the combos and get a few skills, you become invincible.

GRaider81

Loved the first one despite lack of environmental variety. Nemesis system was great and worth playing just for that. A fleshed out system and story and Mordor 2 should be fantastic.

Lain

I loved Mordor. The game wasn't without faults but I just loved going through the big open area to kill orcs, make enemies, put my own pawns in charge and help them raise in power and plan a big all out fight etc.
Goes without saying then that I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Why won't they just fuck off with the LOTR property and use that Nemesis system for this guy --

punisher-1-maleev-variant-1.jpg

Open world Hell's Kitchen with the Irish, Italians, Triads, and some supervillians!

TLZ

Banned
Loved the first one a lot that I clocked in more than 120 hours on it.

Can't wait for this!

I loved shadow of mordor but the fact that we haven't gotten an LOTR rpg in the vein of elder scrolls or the witcher seems like the biggest waste of potential.

Honestly, I'd rather see the Nemesis System in other properties, but I'll be content with a SoM2. Hope they take the opportunity to build upon the first game and fix its weaknesses

The Nemesis System has a TON of potential if they push the concept and decouple the advancement of enemies from player death. Let the system run autonomously in the background at all times, and you have a pretty damn great war of armies where the throne is constantly shifting.

Also get some actual world design in there.

Also mission design.

And add more wild animals who attack everything.

Wagram

Played the first one a few months back. Not bad, not great either. The formula and story needs serious work for the sequel.

Maledict

Really hope they spend some time improving it. The original was one of the most disappointing and overrated games I played - after all the praise it got, it turned out to be completely unfun.

Wandering round a brown wasteland murdering millions of orcs who can't kill you even if you just flail at your keyboard was not great. The nemeiss system had promise but if you didn't die to the orcs in the first place it just became a rotating slideshow of different names to butcher.

Alexious

Why won't they just fuck off with the LOTR property and use that Nemesis system for this guy --

punisher-1-maleev-variant-1.jpg

Open world Hell's Kitchen with the Irish, Italians, Triads, and some supervillians!

It would be amazing. But you forget that they're a subsidiary of Warner Bros., so if they went superhero it would be on the other side of the camp.

Euron

First one was one of the most surprisingly good games this gen. I wonder how they'll follow up on the story and connect it with the lore.

Top Bottom