• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) new trailer from TGS

orochi91

That OST is so damn beautiful.

T_T

This seems like in-game footage, as opposed to the cinematic/CG trailer from E3.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a huge fan and I'm really excited for this, but I think SOTC was a game that benefited from the 'murkiness' of SD. Kinda like Resident Evil 4, I just think a lot of the appeal is lost in super crisp resolution and that.

Tyaren

My highlight of this otherwise pretty disappointing press conference. :) I'm so craving this! Unfortunately no specific date yet.

Veelk

Banned
You know, it's funny. I know that this is a major step up graphically, but in my memory, SotC looked just as good as that other than a few textures here and there. Power of amazing art direction, people.

Not that I object to this game in any way. I love the concept of remakes so long as the original remains accessible.

Plum

All I need are two things:
- A locked 30fps
- No fuckery with the grip metre
and I'm in. This looks absolutely amazing; Bluepoint's putting in some work.

I'm a huge fan and I'm really excited for this, but I think SOTC was a game that benefited from the 'murkiness' of SD. Kinda like Resident Evil 4, I just think a lot of the appeal is lost in super crisp resolution and that.

Yeahh, I'm kind of feeling this way as well. Needs more murk.

Shiggy

Yeah, the reveal trailer was quite a bit better as it showed more of the world. This didn't really show anything.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is the second remaster of the game and I already bought the first one. I don't know if I should get this or not.

Solidino

that's exactly how it should have come out years ago, the right reward for an immortal masterpiece, no ifs ands or buts...

sublimit

Banned
I had faith that Bluepoint will do it justice (they did a great job with the PS3 HD remasters) and so far it seems like it.

wapplew

This is perfect.
Shame Sony don't support 3D anymore. HD remaster was great in 3D.
Looking forward to SoTC psvr2 remaster.

Thanks for this OP.

This is one of my favourite ever games but since it's not doing much more than remaking the graphics I'll wait for a deep sale.

It comes fully recommended from me for newcomers though obviously, which is what it's been made for I guess.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks real good never played this before so looking forward to it. Trust Bluepoint will get this working with a robust frame rate.

Flavius

I agree, in terms of the art. That said, as someone who's only played the original...will be nice to play without the framerate chugging.

Maybe it's just me but looks like a downgrade from the previous trailer? I thought the older one had better lighting and blur.

JP

I wonder if there's any chance they'll do Ico after this? It would be really nice to have all three games playable on the PS4.

Top Bottom