• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) new trailer from TGS

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Last guardian is the only game I've played from these guys unfortunately
tumblr_inline_o0c9zpODmc1rhkl0p_500.gif

I think he knows. Or else he plays every video game and is curious about why he has to kill stuff.
Read above.

robotrock

Banned
I mean yes generally there's a reason why you're killing something in a video game. From what I've seen there's only this boy and these big titans. So no I don't know why he's killing them

Alright, fair fair. I won't say anything else, and I'm excited for you to check it out. I just don't normally see people curious about why you're killing stuff in video games, because you're killing stuff in so many video games.

But yeah you're definitely in for a treat!

tumblr_inline_o0c9zpODmc1rhkl0p_500.gif

Read above.
lol I hear it's magical I can't wait and I get to enjoy it with sweet new paint
Alright, fair fair. I won't say anything else, and I'm excited for you to check it out. I just don't normally see people curious about why you're killing stuff in video games, because you're killing stuff in so many video games.

But yeah you're definitely in for a treat!
Ima weirdo I need context lol

Especially because they don't really seem to be attacking him

lol I hear it's magical I can't wait and I get to enjoy it with sweet new paint

Ima weirdo I need context lol

Especially because they don't really seem to be attacking him

The story is (spoilering in case people want to go in completely fresh)
You bring a deceased girl to a forbidden area. There, with the special sword you have, a voice tells you that if you kill these 16 beasts, she may be revived

This is all in the opening cutscene so not too heavy of a spoiler. Shadow of the Colossus also has my favorite ending of the trilogy by far.

jett

D-Member
vJ0OFRP.gif

Best run cycle ever

BluePoint can't even

I think it may have come across wrong.

(I remember posting this in another thread after e3)
17reb27pve3tcjpgfus8q.jpg

What's on the canvas is the original game. The "actual scenery" is the PS4 game. I much rather this idea than someone trying to redo and replace the actual painting.

And yes, the grip stuff did suck, but that's not what I meant when referring to the overall feeling/atmosphere of the original.

I know what you're saying, and it's I guess kinda neat to think about this game that way. :p But since the original creator is not involved, I cannot share your viewpoint.

There barely any detail whatsoever in the N64 game. I'm not sure what you want them to do. Things are going to change people. Maybe you just mean that really bright green? I guess. But it's just a 3DS. It's power is shit too, so they really couldn't do all that much. I guess they could have dimmed the colors a bit.

It's just a surface-level comparison. I don't care about about the Zelda 3DS remakes one way or another. I definitely don't like how the intro looks like now though. The original might look kinda ugly technically but I'm too used to the original color palette. The remakes look too colorful.

TLG sure got closer than I expected it to though. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That game was good as hell

Eh personally I have TLG's ending the weakest in the trilogy (though very close to ICO's). I need to replay it though. I was heavily rushed trying to finish it. Beat it in two sittings with 5 hours of sleep inbetween and finished it 1 hour before my school final. It was the first time I spent $60 on a digital game because it launched on PSN at 9:00pm instead of midnight.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
vJ0OFRP.gif

Best run cycle ever

BluePoint can't even.
Truth be told it's actually really coincidental that you brought up the Ocarina of Time remake. Because the old N64 walk cycle just looked awful:
9OqDlIz.gif

and they fixed the hell out of it in Ocarina 3D
ToijVr8.gif

That should alway be like the first thing on the agenda from the animation team.
Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

I'm gonna be plainly honest...

There are areas I drive by with grassy mounds that I can't help but imagine coming to life, shaking the earth and slowly standing on wobbly feet.

We also have Sleeping Giant state park nearby where legend has it that an angry Native American entity that could divert rivers with a stomp was put to sleep to prevent him from destroying the land.

So... yeah. I really want a more realistic take to see these things "in real life" instead of hazy, sun-soaked water colors... again.

I'm not saying I dislike that artstyle. I'll reiterate again that I already have that and it doesn't need improving. This new take is cool and pretty inspiring as well.

jett

D-Member
Truth be told it's actually really coincidental that you brought up the Ocarina of Time remake. Because the old N64 walk cycle just looked awful:
9OqDlIz.gif

and they fixed the hell out of it in Ocarina 3D
ToijVr8.gif

That should alway be like the first thing on the agenda from the animation team.
Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

Call me crazy but I like the original run animation better. Probably nostalgia.

gfxtwin

Haha, none taken. But the original hast the most of it in any game ever.
The rocks are radiating light.

A lot of that isn't bloom though. Bloom (as it is often known - the fuzzy lighting effect in Gears and lots of early last gen AAA titles) is more often the fx other developers try to use to emulate the lighting in that game.

Top Bottom