• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS |PS4 OT| The things we (re)do for love

SirNinja

01-story6ksqw.jpg

02-titleews1g.jpg

From Bluepoint Games, the team who previously remastered Team Ico's Shadow of the Colossus for PS3, comes a ground-up remake of the game of PS4.

RxAxq4Y.png

Release Date: February 6th (North America), 7th (Europe), 8th (Japan)
Game size: 13.5GB

Performance: The game runs at 1080p @ 30FPS on the regular PS4.
On PS4 Pro, two options are available: Performance Mode (1080p @ 60 FPS) and Cinematic Mode (1440p @ 30 FPS).

05-editionso1srl.jpg

RxAxq4Y.png

TRAILERS
E3 2017 Reveal
Paris Games Week 2017 Trailer
Story Trailer
Comparison Trailer

MAKING-OF
Remaking a Masterpiece: Shadow of the Colossus for PS4
Crafting a Colossus: Behind the Scenes of Shadow of the Colossus
Love of a Classic: Bluepoint Games Reflects on the Original Shadow of the Colossus

OTHER MEDIA
Photo Mode Overview
Interview with composer Kow Otani

RxAxq4Y.png

GAMEPLAY
03-gameplayfas74.jpg

04-photomodebksvy.jpg

RxAxq4Y.png

SOUNDTRACK
soundtrackresvu.jpg

Widely hailed as one of the best videogame scores ever composed, Kow Otani's soundtrack for Shadow of the Colossus is also being made into a 2xLP vinyl, featuring artwork from Nimit Malavia.

Estimated release is Q2 2018 - you can preorder the album from iam8bit's store here.

RxAxq4Y.png

COMPARISON GALLERY
(Click to enlarge. More to come soon!)

RxAxq4Y.png

REVIEWS/ACCOLADES
06-accoladeskds8z.jpg

For more reviews and discussion, see the Review Thread both here and on r/games.

RxAxq4Y.png

OTHER LINKS
Digital Foundry Tech Analysis
Trophy List from PSNprofiles (spoiler warning)

xl7gK5X.gif

Last edited:

SirNinja

Bah...all that and some images aren't loading. Hang tight everyone!

EDIT: Seems to be working now, knock on wood. For whatever reason they weren't loading when using HTTPS for abload.

Last edited:

Ame

Great OT.

Tried looking all over for the special edition. I guess it's not available in Canada?

ExpandKong

Banned
Picking up during my lunch on Tuesday. Got the original on day 1, excited to play again. Bluepoint needs to make a silent hill collection, first one doesn’t count.

SirNinja

One other thing! For those who don't know/have it, you can get a free SotC dynamic theme by going to live.playstation.com and watching the two videos there.

Here it is in action:

Geki-D

Banned
One other thing! For those who don't know/have it, you can get a free SotC dynamic theme by going to live.playstation.com and watching the two videos there.

Here it is in action:

Only available for NA accounts. Though scrolling artwork "dynamic" themes are pretty lame, anyway.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Oh yeah! I'm super excited to finally play this. I'm praying to every deity known to the world that my copy arrives early.

Beautiful OT as well. Really good job, looks really nice. That vinyl is whispering in my ear to buy it immediately.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
I'm excited to play this again, but not sure if it's worth the $40 for someone like me that has already experienced the game in full. That said, I really wanna play this... now...

I'm really on the fence whether I should bite or not... someone convince me one way or the other...

scydrex

Only played it a little bit on PS3, killed the first Colossus so this remake is a no brainer for me and $31 with Amazon Prime.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Never played the original or the PS3 remake. Looking forward to this.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Played a tiny bit on Ps3 and didn't really know what i was doing so it would be rude not to by it for £18.99 and try again. I'll be playing in 1080p 60fps i think.

Saiyan-Rox

is there a steelbook edition for the UK? I haven't seen it anywhere and just ordered it digitally :S but if I knew there was a steelbook I would have gotten that instead.

Great OT.

Tried looking all over for the special edition. I guess it's not available in Canada?

Ugh probably not, the states think they get screwed over when they see the limited editions in Japan and Europe but I'd say Canadian's get even less for CE's and Special Editions than they do. Sad too cause it looks sweet and I love the game.

I love this game but i fear we're going to see a backlash soon. This is not a gamey game. You don't collect stuff. You don't have a checklist of things to do. You don't craft gear. These are things some people need in other to enjoy a game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I love this game but i fear we're going to see a backlash soon. This is not a gamey game. You don't collect stuff. You don't have a checklist of things to do. You don't craft gear. These are things some people need in other to enjoy a game.
Then its their god damn lost. Not every game needs to play like Ubisoft games.

I never played original. Can’t believe I missed it. My friend even told me about it back in the day. Mines preloaded and I can’t wait. Just gotta pull outta GT and Monster Hunter.

sublimit

Banned
Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow! I'm so excited to revisit the Forbidden Lands once again and abuse the photo mode!

SirNinja

There's always been a minor backlash against SotC for not being as traditional/gamey/etc. as some people would like. There's always going to be the "wait, so I just kill sixteen things and that's it??" crowd who will run straight from point to point until the credits roll and completely miss the soul of it all.

The game is about the downtime just as much as the bosses. Hunting for lizards crawling around shrines for stamina, finding fruit on all the big trees for health, or just looking around the world and taking it all in...those are important to the experience. I'm hoping that the impressively-remade world (as well as a really good photo mode) will have more folks stopping more often.

decisions

I won’t be playing the game until after my semester but I just want to say this OT looks awesome, nice work SirNinja!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Great job on the OT... definitely gonna pick this up, as I never finished the original 😳

ajim

Never played this game but it was always one of the ones I wanted to.

Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Good op

Kagero

Today is the day folks. The GOAT returns! Going to put down monster hunter for a bit to make time for this gem.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just redeemed the pre-order bonuses from Amazon. The Life Sword sounds interesting...

(Not my video)

Last edited:
Never had a chance to play this, good opportunity to hop on this but before i do that is this title Pro enhanced? Reason I still own a Pro is strictly for exclusives at this point since Scorpio launched.

A.Romero

Can't wait to play this. It's sold out in Amazon Mexico so I'm very glad that I preordered...

Too bad is going to take a few days to arrive. Friday at the earliest...

How loud is the Pro while playing ?

It really bothers me if it's like Wolfenstein 2 or MH:World

Last edited:
Top Bottom