• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus Trailer PS4 (E3 2017)

ZeroX03

Banned
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) |OT| The New Colossus

I'm as big a fan of SotC as you're likely to meet, but I think this looks awful. The art and animation is simply nowhere near the caliber of Team ICO, so I just don't see any reason why this should exist.

Sorry to be negative in a thread where people seem to be generally excited, but this look terrible to me.

Cool, go play the original, problem solved

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can't wait for people to bitch about triangle as jump

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
From what i'm seeing in the trailer, this is not a remake. Its a remaster with all new assets done by Bluepoint, but the same 'base' as the original,similar to Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary among others, just without the ability to switch to the old assets(i think that ability was actually patented by MS)

I don't think anything from cut scene direction or voice files or music will be changed, or plot elements for that matter.

ghostjoke

Banned
Do they have anything more than a visual upgrade with maybe some tweaks to the controls? If not, then meh. The remaster was impactful for the promise of playing it at a decent frame rate. This actually has a chance of going back on that.

I await the race to discover new synonyms of remake/remaster per generation if backwards compatibility never returns.

I wonder if they are going to remake the OST, use the old one, or just create a new one. The soundtrack is my second favorite gaming soundtrack, so it will be curious to see what they do with it.

I think I hear a sort of choir version of The Opened Way, sounds terrific.

jett

D-Member
From what i'm seeing in the trailer, this is not a remake. Its a remaster with all new assets done by Bluepoint, but the same 'base' as the original,similar to Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary among others, just without the ability to switch to the old assets(i think that ability was actually patented by MS)

I don't think anything from cut scene direction or voice files or music will be changed, or plot elements for that matter.

The animation is different (which is a grave mistake), so it's not just a remaster with new assets. Who knows what else they're going to do to the game.

It looks so different, so gray. They haven't respected the original's aesthetic at all. This is as if tomorrow Paramount announced that Brett Ratner is remaking The Godfather.

Played on PS2, platted on PS3 but holyeeeee shit did that look good. If no PC version is to come then this will be as good as it gets so I'm in Day 1.

Yiazmat

I'm as big a fan of SotC as you're likely to meet, but I think this looks awful. The art and animation is simply nowhere near the caliber of Team ICO, so I just don't see any reason why this should exist.

Sorry to be negative in a thread where people seem to be generally excited, but this look terrible to me.

same

Monocle

Looks beautiful. I'll have to pick this up when I get a PS4. The exploration alone ought to be seriously enhanced by the beefed up graphics.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The animation is different (which is a grave mistake), so it's not just a remaster with new assets. Who knows what else they're going to do to the game.

It looks so different, so gray. They haven't respected the original's aesthetic at all. This is as if tomorrow Paramount announced that Brett Ratner is remaking The Godfather.

The fact that wanders animation is weird is probably just an animation bug for now

But yes, like any new version of a beloved game with a new assets, its gonna be hit or miss. Batman Return to Arkham, Gears and Halo all show signs of that

Shin-Ra

Someone explain to me why this exists.

Is this like the HD HD remaster? We get to buy it again?

I didn't see anything that would imply there's new content. Where are we getting that it's a full-blown remake?
We have eyes.

Bishop89

Someone explain to me why this exists.

Is this like the HD HD remaster? We get to buy it again?

I didn't see anything that would imply there's new content. Where are we getting that it's a full-blown remake?

different assets...

its a remake.

conpfreak

I guess I wanted this, but honestly, it's a waste of time. The end product won't be any better than the original game if the trailer is any indication.

Gravidee

I seriously hope the controls are fixed along with some other gameplay aspects. Never got past that one small colossus because it kept on ramming me back down again every time I got back up. It's the main reason I stopped playing.

KoopaTheCasual

Guess I'm eating tons of crow on this. Still agree with people saying that a Remake of this game is completely excessive, but wow, this is definitely more than a remaster.

cackhyena

I don't remember the original being particularly colorful.

Zom

Banned
giphy.gif

Top Bottom