• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus Trailer PS4 (E3 2017)

BHK3

Banned
I'm honestly pretty let down that there will be no new content, not even a single new colossi that you can go fight for fun? You have the internet asking for Demons Souls or something else entirely, sure yea the game looks insane but this is probably the only remaster that I...just don't really care about now :/.

Also since I've yet to play the HD collection(in progress of clearing my backlog) what were the issues between the US and PAL versions? PAL just lost grip more often leading to a more annoying gameplay experience?

I really love the world of SotC… so empty, barren and desolate.
Which makes finding something so special. Wish more open world games would have this…

Whompa02

To people asking for new content in the remake: Whats your feelings on the Star Wars special edition movies? Did you like all that "new content" they added?

Why must people ask for this? If it's not being done by the actual original creator, just keep it as close to the original as possible.

When the Sistine Chapel gets touch ups done, they don't add, "new content" to the ceiling.

Why the hell do people ask for more when it's almost guaranteed to be not in the original game for a reason. SoTC is a masterpiece in gaming. Leave it the fuck alone.

Vanadium

BpU_p9JIcAAsTEy.jpg

jett

D-Member
I want a complete redisign of the UI, it's super unattractive, I hate they way the grip meter just clips under other parts of the Hud. I would love if they found a way to clean it up and almost remove it entirely, I don't really think the bosses need health bars, or you need an icon for what weapon you're holding. The only thing I think that's super nessesary is the grip meter.

Yeah it's the only really ugly part of the game. Worse on multiple playthroughs when you're stuck with a gigantic pink circle on your screen.

I want a complete redisign of the UI, it's super unattractive, I hate they way the grip meter just clips under other parts of the Hud. I would love if they found a way to clean it up and almost remove it entirely, I don't really think the bosses need health bars, or you need an icon for what weapon you're holding. The only thing I think that's super nessesary is the grip meter.

Yeah, that's a really good point. The UI is pretty ugly, and the grip meter in particular is very odd as a big pink circle that doesn't actually fit any of the style elsewhere.

I remember Ueda saying he didn't want to put in a HUD. You'd have to figure out how much grip he had by how he was breathing or something like that. I hope we get that as an option for this.
To people asking for new content in the remake: Whats your feelings on the Star Wars special edition movies? Did you like all that "new content" they added?

Why must people ask for this? If it's not being done by the actual original creator, just keep it as close to the original as possible.

When the Sistine Chapel gets touch ups done, they don't add, "new content" to the ceiling.

Why the hell do people ask for more when it's almost guaranteed to be not in the original game for a reason. SoTC is a masterpiece in gaming. Leave it the fuck alone.
Ueda is working with Bluepoint.

gfxtwin

I hope SOTC on PS2 also gets ported to PS2 classics. Even the PS3 version didn't get the lighting and some of the effects right, not to mention the physics and some other things. It already has a widescreen option and an unlocked framerate so a simple up-res of the game on PS4 hardware is all it needs.

EVIL

The thing is. A lot of original content was cut due to time constraints. 8 bosses I remember. Would be a cool think to add those especially when Ueda is involved in the project.

gfxtwin

The thing is. A lot of original content was cut due to time constraints. 8 bosses I remember. Would be a cool think to add those especially when Ueda is involved in the project.

Ueda is barely involved, according to some of his Japanese collaborators when interviewed about the game. He's probably just providing notes via email. Don't know why anyone who loves his games wouldn't want him in the director's chair when THAT much content is being added in. The game is a classic and has the perfect amount of colossi, no need to have the extended cut. Maybe some DLC will have extra colossi battles though, who knows.

I know this is done to death, but I recently saw the IGN footage comparing 2005 to remake... It is very clear that the original has a heavy fog and filter that made it so special... I totally hope BluePoint can properly add that in to match the original's mood.

I know this is done to death, but I recently saw the IGN footage comparing 2005 to remake... It is very clear that the original has a heavy fog and filter that made it so special... I totally hope BluePoint can properly add that in to match the original's mood.

If they went that heavy on the fog/blur it would also destroy all the detailed texture work and the dramatically better draw distance in the remake.

jett

D-Member

That is one of the laziest comparison videos I've seen. They literally grabbed footage recorded in 2005 in awful quality and pitted it against the PS4 trailer, lol

If they went that heavy on the fog/blur it would also destroy all the detailed texture work and the dramatically better draw distance in the remake.

Cant they keep both somehow?

It really is a big thing to keep out I think.

The detail in the current version is great, but theres just something about the fog that adds to the game's environment.

Cant they keep both somehow?

It really is a big thing to keep out I think.

The detail in the current version is great, but theres just something about the fog that adds to the game's environment.

Visual Fidelity > atmosphere.

I think there's a happy medium (and this seems to be what they're going for). There's plenty of time for them to make refinements and adjust the coloring (clouds/sky as an example), so we'll see where they settle with it in the near future.

Top Bottom