• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Cover Art, New Render, Editions, Info...

Not a fan of the new face - really not sure why they're changing it with each game. As for her body - whatever. Outfit looks cool, though. The classic outfit is a clear inspiration.

As for the game.. what can we say at this point? It's going to be another nu TR, complete with pointless combat sequences.

I really, really wish there was a "no combat" mode in nu TR games, because the exploration is where the meat of the game is.

Not a fan of the new face - really not sure why they're changing it with each game. As for her body - whatever. Outfit looks cool, though. The classic outfit is a clear inspiration.

As for the game.. what can we say at this point? It's going to be another nu TR, complete with pointless combat sequences.

I really, really wish there was a "no combat" mode in nu TR games, because the exploration is where the meat of the game is.

I dream with a spiritual sucessor to old tomb raider games. Just exploration, climbing. A little bit of survival. No combat. I know the old games had combat but it never was the main appeal.
nuTomb Raider is a poor man's uncharted.

Last edited:

Lokimaru

The whole narrative/presentation/"Lara talks to herself" thingy isn't even my biggest complaint, i.e. in fact in the scheme of what's 'wrong' with the reboot series it's small time compared to the number one glaring problem (which has affected all Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raiders): it's no longer a real platformer, nor does the platforming that does occur pose any challenge whatsoever. Lara has lost her precision & now auto-hops to ledges. The people who say this is 'better' are generally those who never mastered the original controls - or just didn't like the games. Where's the fun in automated clingy monkey climbing? There's none. Here's the irony: the new games are so obsessed with presenting a Lara who 'suffers' in order for her character to grow, yet she's literally the terminator in the easiest games in the entire franchise whereas the originals featured the real constant threat of imminent death, not in terms of storytelling but actual gameplay.

That and the fact the combined elements of 'survival instincts' (cheat vision) & ridiculously easy 'puzzles' makes it even less interesting. Here's the only part which I actually in fact enjoy: the shootbang, i.e. Tomb Raider (after the first, anyway) always had large gunfights & the new games do it very effectively. So give me old school precise Lara, difficult platforming in which timing is required & paths aren't obvious + the shooting mechanics of the new games & voilà, this Tomb Raider fan will be happy.

Oh & whilst they're at it they could at least 'attempt' to not constantly rehash "daddy & mommy issues!" Lara. That particular plotline sucks, always.

To be fair the original Tomb Raider games didn't have challenging platforming either it's just the Grid based controls sucked in comparison to today. If you could play the Original with modern controls it'd be a breeze just like the DOX demo is. The controls in the modern versions get you from point A to B and aren't a Pain in the ass to deal with giving me the freedom to explore my surrounding with deft precision whilst being able to defend myself if need be which is the reason I play these games for in the first place.

Lokimaru

I dream with a spiritual sucessor to old tomb raider games. Just exploration, climbing. A little bit of survival. No combat. I know the old games had combat but it never was the main appeal.
nuTomb Raider is a poor man's uncharted.

Yeah but you forget that others are after the same shit you are and they don't ask nicely. Did you forget about Larson or DuPont. Or the Mafia in TR2. Never let limitations dictate what a thing is or is not.

Lokimaru

ROTTR model for comparison.

desert_tank_top.jpg

The new model.

YItFVSN.jpg

Not enough muscle.

Looking at her gear they could easily give her her double guns by adding a right side shoulder holster for a left handed draw.

Yeah but you forget that others are after the same shit you are and they don't ask nicely. Did you forget about Larson or DuPont. Or the Mafia in TR2. Never let limitations dictate what a thing is or is not.

I guess every indiana jones needs his nazi antagonist. But i was never a fan of this in the old TR. I never cared about "cinematic experience" in these games.

You do realize this is bullshit right. She's been a role model and inspiration for women since her inception. Or were all those interviews and articles with women talking about how much Lara meant to them and got them into computers, athletics, history, etc. just fake news? Stop looking at the world sorely through the lens of what you consider acceptable. Reboot Lara is a nobody in comparison

Only boys used to like her old barbie model.

ruvikx

Banned
To be fair the original Tomb Raider games didn't have challenging platforming either it's just the Grid based controls sucked in comparison to today. If you could play the Original with modern controls it'd be a breeze just like the DOX demo is. The controls in the modern versions get you from point A to B and aren't a Pain in the ass to deal with giving me the freedom to explore my surrounding with deft precision whilst being able to defend myself if need be which is the reason I play these games for in the first place.

Nope, i.e. the old Tomb Raiders were designed with precision in mind, not 'floating' Lara which is a staple of the modern reboots series (in fact all the Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games have suffered from the same imprecision/p*ss easy/automated platforming which might have worked in Soul Reaver... but doesn't suit Lara Croft). Take a look at Metal Gear Solid 5 for example: modern controls gave snake a wider array of movements & animations, yet the foundations (precise stealth) are clearly set in the 1998 game. It's the same DNA, whereas Tomb raider? Nah, it lost its mojo.

The only reason the original games could become 'easy' is because the controls could be mastered, whereas the new games require zero skill at all.

Real platforming in which leaps had to be measured & the player needed to know exactly how Lara could jump, swim & basically traverse the environment (without any hand holding):

Automated platforming in which the distance she can jump changes based upon 'where' the devs want the player to go (included automated monkey climbing as well) with a floaty Lara in a sort of on-rails 'cinematic' experience which looks far better than it actually plays:

Still no shorts:(

And they would make sense since this time she's in the hot jungle, I mean they don't have to be booty shorts/hot pants but just regular shorts like someone would really wear in the jungle.

But no, I guess we're Neo Victorians now since even a glimpse of bare ankle is too much.

For the most part I actually like the rebooted Raider better than the old series but there's no reason we can't have your cake and eat it too and sex Lara a little bit up, I mean there's really no middle ground between a female character constantly being sexualized and never being sexualized? Has third wave feminism ever heard of this radical concept called "nuance"?

At least her tank top is a little closer to the classic look.

Last edited:

octiny

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but if we're talking about the general public.....I don't think now, or ever, has Laura ever been considered a real role model lol. Maybe to the minority who work on actual video games behind the scenes....but in the end, there's a reason why you see 99% of women use OLD Laura vs new Laura in cosplay. No amount of agenda filling will ever change that. She will always be viewed as the videogame sex symbol with a bad-ass attitude who kicks ass & there's nothing wrong with that.

To say "only boys used to like her old barbie model" is a blanket statement & simply not true. In fact, nearly all my GFs if I asked them would say they prefer the old version of Laura, videogamer or not. The vocal minority is always the loudest & constantly pushes for change to reflect their own personal views, which are not necessarily in line with the majority. Unfortunately, in this day & age that's all that's needed to succumb to a change. If they wanted to push a certain agenda, they should've just created a new character all-together. The new SOTTR model is taking it one step too far to the point where I see people (who originally liked the change) commenting "too muscular, unrealistic, they should just make laura gender neutral at this point in the next game". The irony in all this makes for a good laugh.

Never go full retard. They should've left the ROTTR model alone.

As someone else noted, where the hell are the shorts? It's not realistic to be in the hot ass jungle & not be in revealing clothing. One thing I'll never understand, how come her boobs don't bounce? I mean, if we're going for realism here, boobs bounce....unless you got fakes. For amount of physics based work that's gone into her hair, you'd think they would spread the wealth. And isn't the plastic surgery going on with her face promoting bad habits? Clearly, if she's a role model, she should not be promoting plastic surgery or hormonal testosterone injections. Will no one think of the kids? Furthermore, she should feel completely comfortable in her own skin, she shouldn't feel the need to cover herself up in fear of being judged by others especially in that hot ass jungle.

P.S. All joking aside. Still going to buy the game regardless. Just wish they would find a good middle-ground between classic & reboot Laura, or just offer two different models allowing the player to choose :p.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Agree completely. The hate/contempt this series get is way over the top. It takes every major 'AAA' mechanic and stitches them together in an enjoyable way. At the end of the day they are fun to play and the criticism it gets is cherry picked while other titles get a 'pass' or are exempt.

Anyway looking forward to the next installment. Day one.
Hate? Contempt? Did I miss something? I recall most people liking it.

Unity2012

The new games are technically better looking; but they've lost something the original games were really good at doing. A sense of exploration and wonder; a hunger to solve every new puzzle and an unapologetic, strong heroine determined to win every challenge. This is just my personal opinion.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Play 2 days early when you pre-order on PlayStation store, is this the same for Xbox?

It will get around 80 metacritic score and will be criticized for being too samey compared to ROTR and then Lara will be criticized for being Mass murdering psychopath nd all.

But somehow games Uncharted games are immune to all this coz of the blind fanbase that game has now. All games plays exactly like it's predecessor with nothing new except story and locations and Drake also a mass murdering psychopath who actually laughs and jokes while he shoots and breaks some enemies neck in game. So yeah hypocrisy at its best ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you.

Hate? Contempt? Did I miss something? I recall most people liking it.
Liked by critics and mainstream audience but majority of hardcore audience on Era and Gaf hate it.

Some hate it for not having big boobs and some hate game how she looks and some hate how different and action focused games are compared to old ones. They don't series to remain same old and never evolve.

I say ignore such so called hardcore fans coz they're not your real fans.

sublimit

Banned
The whole narrative/presentation/"Lara talks to herself" thingy isn't even my biggest complaint, i.e. in fact in the scheme of what's 'wrong' with the reboot series it's small time compared to the number one glaring problem (which has affected all Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raiders): it's no longer a real platformer, nor does the platforming that does occur pose any challenge whatsoever. Lara has lost her precision & now auto-hops to ledges. The people who say this is 'better' are generally those who never mastered the original controls - or just didn't like the games. Where's the fun in automated clingy monkey climbing? There's none. Here's the irony: the new games are so obsessed with presenting a Lara who 'suffers' in order for her character to grow, yet she's literally the terminator in the easiest games in the entire franchise whereas the originals featured the real constant threat of imminent death, not in terms of storytelling but actual gameplay.

That and the fact the combined elements of 'survival instincts' (cheat vision) & ridiculously easy 'puzzles' makes it even less interesting. Here's the only part which I actually in fact enjoy: the shootbang, i.e. Tomb Raider (after the first, anyway) always had large gunfights & the new games do it very effectively. So give me old school precise Lara, difficult platforming in which timing is required & paths aren't obvious + the shooting mechanics of the new games & voilà, this Tomb Raider fan will be happy.

Oh & whilst they're at it they could at least 'attempt' to not constantly rehash "daddy & mommy issues!" Lara. That particular plotline sucks, always.

Amen brother,amen.

Another thing that i hate in the new TR games is the stupid XP thing that you need in order to upgrade Lara's skills. Basically they are just rewards for dummies who want to make Lara do everything for them while they only shoot and kill. In the classics the only skills you upgraded were your own as you mastered the controls and learned how to play the fucking games.

As a long time fan it's really sad to see one of my favorite series that was all about reflexes,precision platforming,avoiding deadly traps,risk-reward exploration,clever puzzles,feeling lost and alone in claustrophobic environments and Lara's cold,posh English sarcastic humor being replaced by a "hold my hand" type of gameplay and a whinny American-pretending-to-be-British Lara that has the personality of a hamburger.

Dontero

Banned
Before TR Reboot, no one took Lara seriously as character. Now she is role model for many.

Originally she was purposely design to attract selected type of audience and now she is hero and role model for many both boys and girls.

And I'm not saying that hate Busty chicks nd all. No I respect women in real life regardless of their looks and body.
But we are talking about a video game character here who's designed by mostly men.

Yes, new Lara became role model because she got less tits, doesn't kick ass anymore and behaves exactly like weak willed female stereotype. Secondly old lara changed her clothing depending on climate, she got her classik outfit because in first game she traveled in very hot nations. In second game she traveled to Tybet where she got suprise suprise winter clothing.

Amen brother,amen.

Another thing that i hate in the new TR games is the stupid XP thing that you need in order to upgrade Lara's skills. Basically they are just rewards for dummies who want to make Lara do everything for them while they only shoot and kill. In the classics the only skills you upgraded were your own as you mastered the controls and learned how to play the fucking games.

As a long time fan it's really sad to see one of my favorite series that was all about reflexes,precision platforming,avoiding deadly traps,risk-reward exploration,clever puzzles,feeling lost and alone in claustrophobic environments and Lara's cold,posh English sarcastic humor being replaced by a "hold my hand" type of gameplay and a whinny American-pretending-to-be-British Lara that has the personality of a hamburger.

I definitely agree with you about the first new TR. I haven't played the sequel, but I feel like with each game they make Lara more and more confident and interesting (from what I've seen).

This new design of hers, I actually love it, the clothing just exudes classic Lara confidence, her face looks better imo

I'm hoping that even though with this one, they will go for that emotional dark path, at least she wont be whiny

Last edited:
Yes, new Lara became role model because she got less tits, doesn't kick ass anymore and behaves exactly like weak willed female stereotype. Secondly old lara changed her clothing depending on climate, she got her classik outfit because in first game she traveled in very hot nations. In second game she traveled to Tybet where she got suprise suprise winter clothing.
New Lara kicks lot of ass. Have you even played any games? Have you not seen how badass she looks in commando outfit. You can freely change outfits based on location climate in ROTR. Outfits are not predefined.
Old Lara had curvy, barbie doll style look design for perverted gamers.

Agree completely. The hate/contempt this series get is way over the top.

The hate/contempt for this series has its roots in the SDF and Microsoft's marketing deal with Square-Enix for the first couple of games. A Tomb Raider reboot with excellent mechanics that didn't "over-inflate" physical assets of the heroine and had a positive, self-assertive message for women was considered a direct threat to the toxic masculinity and (tired) narrative of Uncharted 4 at time.

Though to be fair, Lost Legacy did fix *some* of the narrative and toxic masculinity issues...much to the chagrin of the SDF.

Amen brother,amen.

Series needs to evolved. New metroidvania style gameplay works well with new TR games and New Lara is British not American. Camilla Luddington is not American. She is British.

Whatever you saying it's part of old dated design and audience for old games very small now. TR is million dollars project designed for mass market and haters like you don't exist for SE.

Every old series are changing now example Zelda and God of War. So TR needs to change as well.

Look how much criticism Gears and Halo get for not evolving formula much.

sublimit

Banned
Series needs to evolved. New metroidvania style gameplay works well with new TR games and New Lara is British not American. Camilla Luddington is not American. She is British.

Whatever you saying it's part of old dated design and audience for old games very small now. TR is million dollars project designed for mass market and haters like you don't exist for SE.

Every old series are changing now example Zelda and God of War. So TR needs to change as well.

Look how much criticism Gears and Halo get for not evolving formula much.

Camilla may have been born in England but she has lived almost all her life in the States. Her accent is more American than British and she's nothing like the proper,posh English of the past Lara voice actresses who worked on the Core Design TR games. This is actually the main reason CD choose her because their main target group for these games are the mainstream American gamers and that audience would never relate to a woman with a proper,posh British accent like the old Lara had.

And i don't think you realize what the word "evolve" means. It definitely doesn't mean taking something and change it to the point it becomes unrecognizable just to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
When you take something that has had a long history and change it to the point it becomes something completely different is always the cheap,easy way out IMO. The hard thing is taking an old formula and trully evolve it by building and improving on its core mechanics (being controls,level design or gameplay in general) and maintain its essence intact. If you know what you're doing and have confidence in that your work will speak for itself not only to the old fans but to new ones as well. It will also cost much less because you will not need millions upon millions of dollars spend on marketing trying to artificially make your game stand out when in reality it's another safe by the numbers attempt with no identity of its own.

And to be clear i don't say that every reboot that does a complete 180 automatically becomes a bad game.Far from it. I enjoyed RE4 for what it was,i know i'll enjoy the new GoW when i'll play it (especially since i never cared for the old ones) and i even enjoyed a bit TR 2013 and Rise's shallow,"me-too" gameplay when i accepted the fact that what i was playing was basically a new IP that had nothing to do with what Tomb Raider used to be. But i do know that these "reboots" had nothing to do with the name in their titles and the type of gameplay that name used to stand for. So i respect all the criticisms of the fans from the original games and my honest opinion is that if you want to do something completely different just make a new IP and see if you have the balls and talent to make your new game stand out without having the power and influence of an established brand name covering your back.

Last edited:

PtM

Banned
Holy Frankenf*ck, buff.

No, seriously though - that's no longer Lara Croft. If the developers have a problem with Lara's image/design from every previous iteration (her femininity & sexiness namely, which was even moderately present in Rise of the Tomb Raider) to the extent they changed her body entirely & made her appear like an Olympic wrestling contender, they should simply rename the character & make a different game which doesn't pretend to be a Tomb Raider title.

You want a flat chested, muscular protagonist? Create a new character. The designers are literally Dr Steinman from Bioshock, i.e. taking a scalpel & butchering beauty - except in their case it's clearly in the name of currentyear political weirdness (i.e. "physical beauty is sexist, fugliness is pro-womenz!").
Would you say that Square-Enix shot themselves in the foot?

Camilla may have been born in England but she has lived almost all her life in the States. Her accent is more American than British and she's nothing like the proper,posh English of the past Lara voice actresses who worked on the Core Design TR games. This is actually the main reason CD choose her because their main target group for these games are the mainstream American gamers and that audience would never relate to a woman with a proper,posh British accent like the old Lara had.

And i don't think you realize what the word "evolve" means. It definitely doesn't mean taking something and change it to the point it becomes unrecognizable just to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
When you take something that has had a long history and change it to the point it becomes something completely different is always the cheap,easy way out IMO. The hard thing is taking an old formula and trully evolve it by building and improving on its core mechanics (being controls,level design or gameplay in general) and maintain its essence intact. If you know what you're doing and have confidence in that your work will speak for itself not only to the old fans but to new ones as well. It will also cost much less because you will not need millions upon millions of dollars spend on marketing trying to artificially make your game stand out when in reality it's another safe by the numbers attempt with no identity of its own.

And to be clear i don't say that every reboot that does a complete 180 automatically becomes a bad game.Far from it. I enjoyed RE4 for what it was,i know i'll enjoy the new GoW when i'll play it (especially since i never cared for the old ones) and i even enjoyed a bit TR 2013 and Rise's shallow,"me-too" gameplay when i accepted the fact that what i was playing was basically a new IP that had nothing to do with what Tomb Raider used to be. But i do know that these "reboots" had nothing to do with the name in their titles and the type of gameplay that name used to stand for. So i respect all the criticisms of the fans from the original games and my honest opinion is that if you want to do something completely different just make a new IP and see if you have the balls and talent to make your new game stand out without having the power and influence of an established brand name covering your back.

People like you are minority and not target audience anymore. Game will bomb hard if they follow classic route with no action. What they can do is create balance by adding good dose of action and exploration which ROTR tried and my hope is Shadow will expand. DeusEX team is making it so that means stealth will play bigger role in this one.

And What do you mean proper English Actress? Her accent is very much British, she is very much British, just doing job here and as far as acting is concerned then it all depends on writer and director and the way they direct her.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lara looks fine to me, there is nothing wrong with her appearance at all.
But in that Trailer though not so much.
The real problem is that character behind the model.
Reboot or not that is something that shouldn't change really and she has, now she is supposed to turn into the Lara we know but she seems to be turning into Rambo instead.

Lara will not get her Dual pistols and also no shorts and definitely no bikini because showing female skin is bad.

Lara Croft’s dual-pistols were a thing back in the PlayStation 1 days. It was iconic for the character to wield two pistols, however, Dan Bisson, the game director for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, said he does not want that for this Lara Croft.

“No. I don’t want that. For us this is her defining moment,” said Bisson in an interview with Xbox Official Magazine team (OXM June 2018 Issue). “We’re not going to put her in shorts with double-pistols, wearing a bikini; that’s not what this is
http://sirusgaming.com/2018/05/the-...apon-says-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-director/

NovumAngel

Banned
What's wrong with dual pistols?
Bisson further explains that the twin pistols have this “iconic thing” that he didn’t want to put into this trilogy and that the bow is still Lara’s signature weapon in this universe.

“It’s because the twin pistols have an iconic thing about them. For this triolgy – not saying anything about later on, I don’t know about the future titles – but for this trilogy, the bow is still her signature weapon.”
He seems to want the bow to remain this trilogy "iconic weapon", sounds a little nonsense to me considering they did actually tease the dual pistols at the end of the first one (2013).

kunonabi

That looks strange, perhaps the image has been stretched in order to fit that composition? It looks a bit better to me if you just stretch it vertically:

F9T19cu.png
Yeah, that looks much better. I wish designers would do more than just giving girls biceps though. Give them some shoulder and forearm musculature too.

sublimit

Banned
I'm actually totally fine if this Lara never gets the twin pistols and shorts. These iconic symbols don't belong to her because she never felt like the true Lara anyway so i think it's more appropriate if she keeps her bow and boring outfit.

Kenpachii

I'm actually totally fine if this Lara never gets the twin pistols and shorts. These iconic symbols don't belong to her because she never felt like the true Lara anyway so i think it's more appropriate if she keeps her bow and boring outfit.

True, they could also just rename the game and be done with it entirely.

ruvikx

Banned
What's wrong with a bikini?

lol, the most offensively dishonest part of his statement is the fact the Core Design games never even featured a bikini (Crystal Dynamics introduced that particular outfit in Tomb Raider Legend & Underworld, I believe as unlockables). Lara Croft was originally a confident adventurer/relic hunter with beaucoup moneys, lots of gadgets, a nice big mansion, a butler we could shoot at (or lock in a freezer), a confident 'kick-ass' attitude & plenty of sex appeal as icing on the cake.

If someone believes that was a 'problematic' representation of a woman, they have issues.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
What in the actual FUCK?!

Why are they threw away an absolutely amazing model from ROTR ...

... and instead gave us this lifeless, soulless and generic abomination?

I can't even looking at this monster. WHY!? What were they thinking?!

Last edited:

cloud4me

Neo Member
I really don't like the new model, it looks step back from RoTR. Lara rather have an athletic body not like this muscular one.

VulcanRaven

This game sounds great. Lara's model looks much better in my opinion. I don't get the complaints. I haven't played ROTR but I think they changed the model too much from the 2013 reboot. That model was great. I wasn't a fan of how they changed her in the remaster.

Last edited:

Darak

lol, the most offensively dishonest part of his statement is the fact the Core Design games never even featured a bikini (Crystal Dynamics introduced that particular outfit in Tomb Raider Legend & Underworld, I believe as unlockables).

The Legend series had plenty of fanservice, at least by western standards. Underworld had Lara tomb raiding in a bikini in the DLC, for example, although I think all that went under the radar. Most talks about the sexualization of Lara Croft and such usually refer the originals and the iconic costume, probably because the Legend series was never as popular.

That game director sounds like a complete moron, by the way. Wearing shorts is apparently off-limits in his PC puritan world view, but having Lara impaled and brutalized to death is perfectly fine.

PtM

Banned
What's wrong with a bikini?
It's swimwear.
lol, the most offensively dishonest part of his statement is the fact the Core Design games never even featured a bikini (Crystal Dynamics introduced that particular outfit in Tomb Raider Legend & Underworld, I believe as unlockables). Lara Croft was originally a confident adventurer/relic hunter with beaucoup moneys, lots of gadgets, a nice big mansion, a butler we could shoot at (or lock in a freezer), a confident 'kick-ass' attitude & plenty of sex appeal as icing on the cake.

If someone believes that was a 'problematic' representation of a woman, they have issues.

It might have been a jab at ERA, where someone posted a bikini gif or something like that, I believe.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
Just came in here to say that after Uncharted 4: The Movie being a huge let down I am looking forward to this. Started replaying RotTR and it's a gameplay masterpiece. The story is just OK, but I don't play games for cinema. Fingers crossed this sequel is going to be as good or better.

Dacon

Banned
It will get around 80 metacritic score and will be criticized for being too samey compared to ROTR and then Lara will be criticized for being Mass murdering psychopath nd all.

But somehow games Uncharted games are immune to all this coz of the blind fanbase that game has now. All games plays exactly like it's predecessor with nothing new except story and locations and Drake also a mass murdering psychopath who actually laughs and jokes while he shoots and breaks some enemies neck in game. So yeah hypocrisy at its best ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you.

Is this a joke? Ever since Uncharted 2 Drake was routinely criticized for being a "mass murdering sociopath" because he killed so many people and didnt fall apart after each game because of it. There's plenty articles on Ludonarrative Dissonance in regards to the Uncharted series. You're so desperate to defend this game that you are literally making shit up.

Also, did you play Uncharted? Each game made strides to differentiate from the old by adding new mechanics and elaborating on old systems like the stealth system. Each game adds new moves, new setpieces and new gameplay tech and the games still got much of same criticism that youre complaining about Tomb Raider getting.

You've got a clear bias and very obvious agenda to push against that series. People didn't like them just because of a "blind fanbase".

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, pretty much all who saw the game up till this point already said that there's basically nothing drastically new in it in comparison to Rise even, so i don't expect any surprises at all or something new. I so hoped that they'll go for Uncharted 4 rout but guess we'll have to wait god only knows how many years to see this kind of huge change for the better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom