• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted Lost Legacy

Shadow of the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted Lost Legacy

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy

Votes: 71 65.7%

• Total voters

Sussoloc

This is so laughable to me. I can't wait for Xbox to have better 1st party games. You people act like a good story in games is a bad thing. I mean Netflix dude? Really?
Sorry if i triggered you. Nobody says it's a bad thing, but totally focussing on it while neglecting gameplay is. I prefer gameplay over story and TR has better gameplay. Simple as that.

Jacknapes

I didn't get SotTR at launch, however i picked it up later down the line and probably had a better experience because of it due to patches that fixed the bugs.

However, i prefer Lost Legacy but not by a lot. It was good and it shows that you can make a decent Uncharted game without Nathan Drake.

Eiknarf

Banned
Dammmmn!

I just finished Lost Legacy and I wish there was more! It was surprisingly excellent!

Wanting more was the reason I created a poll : to see if Tomb Raider was as well done? To see if I’d like it as much?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Even though I didn't play UCLL I did play UC 1-4 so I gave my vote to SotTR by default. I like the Tomb Raider reboot about 1000 times more than Uncharted. I wasn't a fan of the old TRs but the reboot is one of my favorite series and Shadow is my favorite of the 3.

I never played any Uncharted games before I bought a PS 4 but I'd seen many comments how the new TR is a copy of UC so I was expecting something similar to the new TR. Except for art & graphics UC wasn't comparable to the new TR games and was not at all what I was expecting and hoping for.

To me UC is just a copy of the OLD TR games with better graphics and voice acting. UC consists of shoot, shoot, shoot find some meaningless collectibles, oooh here's a big set piece and now let's watch some cut scenes. I did enjoy UC 1-3 for what they were, Nathan Drake & Sully are a GREAT characters, but for my taste in games they don't vaguely compare to the new TR series. And 4? UC4 was the 2nd most over-rated snooze fest exceeded only by RDR2.

Shakka43

I'm playing the Tomb Raider HD Collection (Steam equivalent) and honestly I'm finding them more fun than the reboot trilogy. Finished Anniversary, there were some frustrating parts with the platforming but it was still pretty good.
Now I'm playing Legend and liking too so far.

Bryank75

Banned
The new tomb raider series is trash IMO. I couldn't even sit through the first one cause of the breathy voice acting and forgettable characters.... Even Lara herself is a neutered beige version of her past self.

The gameplay and animation are all basically copied from uncharted games.

Both of the characters in TLL are ten times more interesting than Lara and the gameplay is just much better.

Ifi were to sum up why tomb raider fails where the uncharted games succeed its because uncharted gets the tone right. Raider takes itself way too seriously.

ND have TLOU as a more serious kind of game. Uncharted always ends very upbeat and never gets too dark.

not heard that, is it true?
iu

*Though, in my experience, the extra time is filled with busywork rather than more meaningful content (ie: tombs)

in which way? tomb raider extra time of uncharted extra time
SotTR 20-25 hours to fully complete
LL 10-12 hours to fully complete

In my experience a lot of my time making the most of the campaign in SotTR was in navigating unnecessarily twisty hub-areas and pursuing crafting materials - such as herbs, gold and animal pelts. I 100%'d the game. I did all the challenge tombs and optional challenges. The optional challenges (ie: find X wind-chimes hanging from trees / dive from 3 appropriately high areas) felt more of a mechanic to keep you scooching around every corner of the environment rather than provide better natural flowing / signposted gameplay that feels like genuine progression instead of incremental box-ticking progression. Arguably this is where 10+ extra gameplay hours are spent that Lost Legacy doesn't bother with. If that sort of thing sounds appealing, then you've 10+ extra hours of gameplay with appealing content.

Dark Star

Uncharted has better characters and set-pieces, but the new Tomb Raider games are still pretty fun. I thought TR, ROTR and SOTR were all great games.

Top Bottom