• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 3 announced for PC

Mista

Banned

Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Flying Wild Hog have announced Shadow Warrior 3 for PC (Steam). It will launch in 2021.

The first gameplay footage will be revealed during the “Devolver Direct” broadcast on July 11 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET, which you will be able to watch on Twitch.
“We are beyond excited to bring Shadow Warrior fans a completely fresh experience, and we can’t wait to show off the new features we have in store for them. We want to make sure that our fast-paced gunplay sequences, razor-sharp melee combat, and spectacular free-running movement, will get their adrenaline pumping and senses thumping. But we never forget Flying Wild Hog’s roots and we hope that Shadow Warrior 3 will feel like a homecoming for those fans that have been with us since the beginning. And we can’t wait to introduce new players to Lo Wang, our quick-witted hero with a tongue as sharp as his katana. Shadow Warrior 3 will see him face a threat so huge it may be too big even for him to handle.”

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
About

Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon’s egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to hold off the impending cataclysm.

Key features

• Bring a Katana to a Gunfight – Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
  • Fancy Footwork – Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
  • Execute Then Annihilate – Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
  • Dynamic Combat Arenas – Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
  • Neo Feudal Japan – Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
  • Funny Business – Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.
Gematsu

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
  • Bring a Katana to a Gunfight – Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
  • Fancy Footwork – Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
  • Execute Then Annihilate – Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
  • Dynamic Combat Arenas – Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
  • Neo Feudal Japan – Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
  • Funny Business – Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.
All of this already makes this game far better that SW2 by a country mile. Fingers crossed.

MiguelItUp

This is sounding more like a proper sequel to the first game rather than the previous sequel, and that's awesome IMO. I understand some people like bullet sponges and loot, but I don't think that ever belonged in Shadow Warrior. A spin-off maybe? Sure. But it felt really out of place to me from the first game to the second game. It just felt like, "Hey, we like those games, let's put that here."

I hope this is the best one yet! I've always loved Lo Wang as a character, though I loved the original one more so as he looked just as ridiculous as Duke Nukem.

Still holding out for a Blood remake. Bring back Caleb!

GymWolf

Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Flying Wild Hog have announced Shadow Warrior 3 for PC (Steam). It will launch in 2021.

The first gameplay footage will be revealed during the “Devolver Direct” broadcast on July 11 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET, which you will be able to watch on Twitch.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

Gematsu

wall run, grappling hook aaaaand the palm of destruction?

this bitch is gonna be low-key better than the new doom, mark my moronic words.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

Steam page doesn't list co-op, isit gonna be more like Shadow Warrior 1? I would prefer that, but I'm interested anyway.

Last edited:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Nice, I really like all of the Shadow Warrior games, the classics and the new ones and really look forward to this one.

Life

It looks like these devs are actually aware they're just making a video game. Fun trailer.

Last edited:
Had such a blast playing the last one. This news makes me very happy. I was literally just thinking the other day that it would be great if they did another one. Super excited.

If I'm being honest I was surprised the last one even got made. Feels like the most manly game I've played in ages. Something that seems to be a rarity these days. At least to me.

Top Bottom