• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 3 Release Date: 01 March 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:

Knightime_X

wow short notice.
Been holding off finishing 1 and playing 2 until 3's release date is announced that way I can play them together.
better get crackin!

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Well they've had to delay it twice iirc. Once with a short trailer even hehe.
So they said the year of the supposed release, delayed it and are now giving us the hopefully correct, final and precise date? Still better.

GymWolf

Beware though that its very different and (in my mind at least, possibly a minority) much, much worse. Gone is the tight linear storytelling of the first in favor of a generic open world game with loot and crafting that barely has a story.
Story is ridicolous in both games, but shooting, weapons and enemy variety are much better in the second one.

It is not even open world, you chose the location for every mission.

I'm only intrested in Horizon Forbidden West out of February's huge release schedule. I have no back log so might give Shadow Warrior 3 a look. I'm 99.9% sure I'm picking up Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

xrnzaaas

Not a very fortunate release date with Q1 being packed with games, but I wish them all the best. I still have Shadow Warrior 2 on my wishlist, but I'll get it eventually. ;)

Bramble

Hope the game doesn't bomb between everything else releasing around that time. Would be wiser to release in April or May.

shubik

Game looks great but the timing could not be worse. When am I supposed to play this? I´m currently still in the early stages of Dying light 2. On the 18th I have to drop everything and start Horizen. 2 weeks later my life will be consumed with Gran Turismo. Besides that, I have to get Sifu and Elden Ring... HOOOOOWWWW

VN1X

Banned
Took it off my wishlist when I found out that the previous VA got canned. I know its super petty but there's so many other games to play now anyway so I'll wait for it to go on sale later this year.

chixdiggit

Love this series. It's just a lot of fun to play.
I hope it doesn't get overlooked too much with all the big games being released around it. Studios like Flying Wild Hog need the support.

winjer

Gold Member

Shadow Warrior 3 PC Requirements​

MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 * 3400) or equivalent. Intel Core i5-3470 (4 * 3200) or equivalent.
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon R7 260X (2048 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 760 (2048 VRAM) or equivalent.
  • Storage: 31 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: The Minimum Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 30 FPS on average while using Low graphical settings and 1080p resolution.
RECOMMENDED:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8 * 3200) or equivalent. Intel Core i7-6950X (10 * 3000) or equivalent.
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 (8192 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 1080 (8192 MB) or equivalent.
  • Storage: 31 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: The Recommended Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 60 FPS on average while using High graphical settings and 1080p resolution.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out an extended look at a new mission from Shadow Warrior 3 - the Dragon’s Nest! Our hero and his chatty companion are on the hunt for the dragon that was accidentally let into our dimension at the end of the last game and, more specifically, one of its eggs that can be weaponized to defeat it.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Maps look cool, but the enemies look stupid. I know the series is silly, but these enemies look out of place even compared to the prior two releases.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Shadow Warrior 3 is more than just a step up from its predecessor – it's ultimately a different direction that still maintains the series' penchant for humor and bloodshed.

If an action-packed, no-frills first person shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously sounds like a good time, then this may be worth a look. If nothing else, it's a fun pit-stop in a year packed with massive experiences.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Looks like Doom Eternal set in China. I'm interested.

It's also quite cool how each iteration of the game is dramatically different from each other.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
games receives underwhelming to decent reviews, but honestly, the game kicks ass. It's super fun. If you have any desire for something overthetop, this game fits the shoe, and it fits the shoe very well.

as per usual, gman is spot on:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the girl who sealed the shadow realm in the second game at the end turned into that giant dragon but there doesn't seem to be mention of that in the third game. It's like that whole plot line got swept under the rug or something.

In a lot of ways it’s a step back from the prequels, but it looks great and runs like butter. The shooting gameplay is fantastic and that’s lucky because there’s not much to this game outside of that. Traversal is serviceable outside of the raft mission. Some great enemy designs, just too few of them. For a short game it’s super repetitive, and the last boss really underwhelming.

A very lightweight game, glad I played it free on PS Now.

Top Bottom