• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun [Sega CD] Fan Translation Project

cj_iwakura

This game is still hell. Fix one bug...

gtlDuVw.jpg

hNsJGze.jpg

b7FawNl.jpg

V40ypZp.jpg

LWj1OQM.jpg

Dozen more pop up. Thanks, Compile!

adoblivione

Neo Member
Subbed... I'm really excited about this project and appreciate all the hard work you're putting into it! It looks tedious as all hell.

Bog

Junior Ace
As a SEGA CD collector, I was excited to see that this thread was already 3 years old when I found it. Interested to see the final patch.

cj_iwakura

Almost all the text I've encountered so far is readable. No fixed width, but hey, at least I know what these fools are saying!

The battles run clean as well, and saving works too. An item command caused a crash, but it's fixable.

If only we could solve the glitches...

BTails

Looking great! This is making me want to play Snatcher again, and I just ran through it! Maybe another play through of Policenauts is in order...

cj_iwakura

I'm hoping to put up some bios of the core runners soon, since I'm getting a clearer image of their personalities.

The two mains are Rokudo(Street Samurai) and the ponytail girl(Shaman), the other two are a decker(shades) and a mage(elf), I think.

Also, the text will be fixed width, so it will line up nicely, not t a k e u p a l l t h a t s p a c e.

Looking great! This is making me want to play Snatcher again, and I just ran through it! Maybe another play through of Policenauts is in order...

djWqRKI.jpg

Heh, not quite. ;) The bugs seem to pile up once the Runners hit the streets asking for info about the Samurai killer.

Super stoked as always to see more of the barriers getting broken through on the way to this project finally getting there---especially with Hong Kong coming in some months after the successful KS. Everything's coming up Shadowrun~

CitizenHal

Neo Member
There must be a shit tonne of bugs, kind of disheartening to a certain extent. We need more people working on this. :p

cacildo

Thank you for all the work

Please dont stop your translation projects. With the japanese marketing shifting towards mobile, translations are at least a chance for us to play japanese console games we never had the chance before

dhonk

Oooh neat. Whenever this is out, will be fantastic to play in RGB on my Sega CD. Looking for more excuses to do that.

Tense

Neo Member
I just came across this. I am glad that it is been a couple years. You cannot know how stoked to see this come to fruition.

Just to be clear, when you say "fixed width", you mean "variable width", right? Where every character is kerned to how wide the character actually is, instead of a fixed, monospace size? Because the screenshots you've posted thus far are already fixed width, from what I can tell.

cj_iwakura

Just to be clear, when you say "fixed width", you mean "variable width", right? Where every character is kerned to how wide the character actually is, instead of a fixed, monospace size? Because the screenshots you've posted thus far are already fixed width, from what I can tell.

Oh yeah. Yes, variable width, to make sentences actually fit. And no this isn't forgotten just, uh, really buggy, as testers can attest. Obscure Sega CD games are a programming nightmare, who knew?

Keep on fighting that good fight cj---you know it'll all be worth it in the end when you've got a slick & stylish Shadowrun experience staring back at ya...even if by then you are almost certain to be hammered at the time.

Top Bottom