• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch.

bomblord1

Banned
Hmm okay, excitement lowered accordingly

image.php

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have this on PC, PS4, and Vita.

...Still going to get it on Switch. Perhaps this will finally be the easiest way to play it on the go and on TV. I can do that with Vita/PSTV and on PC with GPD Win/my desktop, sure, but this version should hopefully run at a higher resolution than 960x544 and play smoother than it does on the portables. I hope!

Managed to somehow not pick this up already, so I'm looking forward to grabbing the physical version on Switch. I love the convenience of digital but the thought of this game in a box (and the Switch boxes are the perfect size) is just too good to pass up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yay, more ports!

Switch seems to live on ports, It doesn't help that Nintendo's best Switch games are also ports.

New console getting ports of previously released content - yeah thats a new one.

Yo I'm so buying this! I backed this on Kickstarter and I loved it. I'm definitely double-dipping. Can never have too much of my favorite heroine!

I hope that outfit is on the Switch though!
Hmm okay, excitement lowered accordingly
Don't listen to those fools! Nah I'm just joking. Kinda. Not really.

I loved the game and it's only getting better with all the new DLC. Then again I thought Pirate's Curse was okay. I prefer the more streamlined approach. Plus the music is amazing.
They just confirmed a physical copy by XSEED.
Okay now it's Day 0.

J-Spot

I was a backer but I'm just now getting around to playing it on PS4. Definitely a solid pickup for the Switch if you haven't played it. Personally I prefer the more straightforward level design this one has compared to the older games, although I did like how Pirate's Curse just gave you new moves for advancement rather than transformations.

I wish there was some way I could claim Switch for my Kickstarter code since I haven't used it yet, but I know that's not possible ;__;

I hope they release a whole Shantae Collection on Switch or something. I want to be able to play all the games on one device dammit.

BooJoh

Those of you double dipping, what does this game do better than Pirate's Curse?

I'll probably double-dip if and only if I can get all my backer stuff on Switch. If they expect me to pay for the extra character modes as they release on Switch while I'm getting them free on Wii U for backing then I'll just play on Wii U.

I just finished the Wii U version this week and it's a great game but Pirate's Curse is far better. If you're a veteran fan of the series then the only thing this has over Pirate's Curse is the return of transformation dances, but mechanically Pirate's Curse is still more fun.

Conan-san

I wish there was some way I could claim Switch for my Kickstarter code since I haven't used it yet, but I know that's not possible ;__;

I hope they release a whole Shantae Collection on Switch or something. I want to be able to play all the games on one device dammit.

They really could do themselves a favor by remaking Shantae 1, I get there's a "Charm" to the GBC graphics (and espcialy End of Life GBC Graphics) but it needs to be brought up to at least Pirate's Curse levels these days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They really could do themselves a favor by remaking Shantae 1, I get there's a "Charm" to the GBC graphics (and espcialy End of Life GBC Graphics) but it needs to be brought up to at least Pirate's Curse levels these days.
The only problem I have with the GBC game is the small field of view. It makes the game a lot more frustrating than it needs to be.

I really hope they include everything on the cart instead of having to DL the DLC but I'm not holding my breath on the backer-exclusive Tinkerbat transformation.

Top Bottom