• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaqfighter Trademarked #isthisshaqfu2

Takao

Banned
Ah Shaq Fu, the fighting game that doubles as a joke. There’s no way Shaquille O’Neal would try to make another fighting game, right?

Well, maybe? Mine O’Mine, the company that runs Shaq.com, filed a trademark for Shaqfighter. Actually, make that multiple trademarks for video games, online games, computer game software, and action skill games. Perhaps, we ill see another Shaq fighting game again, but Sett, the evil nemesis mummy from Shaq Fu, probably won’t be back.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

I could see an ironic Shaq Fu revival being moderately successful (Barkley, Shut Up & Jam comes to mind), but I don't think Shaq himself would ever be able to be in on the joke.

First there's a thread about GameFAQS, now there's a thread about a possible Shaq-Fu sequel. i refuse to believe this is a mere coincidence.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LRyCW6l.gif
ing awesome news

Lijik

Fun fact: Shaq Fu started out as a basketball game until Shaq joked "Everybody expects me to play basketball why not a karate game" and the dev team took him the most seriously

Squire

Banned
This needs to be a straight up NBA fighter. I'd pay $60 retail on day one to kick the shit out of Lebron. I'll settle for D-Wade.

Jobbs

Banned
This needs to be a straight up NBA fighter. I'd pay $60 retail on day one to kick the shit out of Lebron. I'll settle for D-Wade.

You may be joking but this would be a terrific idea. Shaqfu guys, you listening? This really could be cool.

stn

Shaq-Fu is awesome, I still have it for SNES! I mean, it sucks but in a totally awesome way.

Top Bottom