• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter coming to the PC (Steam achievements/leaderboards, etc.)

Update: It's up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20820/

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – March 3, 2010 – Sidhe, New Zealand's largest game production studio, today announced that award-winning its original title, Shatter® is coming to PC. Shatter PC will feature new PC-exclusive game modes including Endless Mode, Endless Co-op Multiplayer, Time Attack, and Time Attack Co-op Multiplayer.

Shatter PSN won IGN’s Best PlayStation Store Game of 2009, and the Best Downloadable Award at the Game Developers Association of Australia (GDAA) Game Developers Awards 2009. Now, PC gamers will have the opportunity to play the game, which will be available on Steam in the coming weeks and also feature Steam achievements and leaderboards.

“Bringing Shatter to new audiences has always been our goal,” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “Following the warm reception we received for the PlayStation 3 version, taking Shatter to PC on the Steam platform was a natural next step.”

About Shatter® for PC
Shatter is a retro-inspired brick-breaking game that merges familiar action with unique twists and a modern crafted production approach.

Key Features:

* Innovative controls, physics effects, power-ups, special attacks, and boss battles which combine to provide an experience that is always interactive.
* Story Mode, Boss Rush, Bonus Mode, and all new game modes Endless Mode, Endless Co-op Multiplayer, Time Attack Mode and Time Attack Co-op Multiplayer
* A Vibrant 3D Style presented across 10 distinct worlds in high resolution.
* A fully scored soundtrack featuring over 90 minutes of award winning original music
* Steam Leaderboards and Achievements for all modes

For more information on Shatter, visit: www.shattergame.com

Figured it deserved a thread.

I just bought this shit like 2 weeks ago. Fuck this company. DAY AND DATE PC NEXT TIME.

(music is hot).

"actually, it never came out on XBLA"

I'm pretty sure he's implying it's his favorite game across both. Even if he's not, stop the fucking nit picking every post.

Note for anybody with the PSN version looking to double dip for the new modes, we are planning to roll the new modes back into the PSN version.

Goood to know about psn version. i'll pick up pc version if it supports controller.

spats

Played a good bit on the ps3, but pad controls just don't work well for breakout games. Might rebuy because I love the genre.

gregor7777 said:
Will it support the 360 controller Mario?

Why would you even

lljride

Awesome, glad for the guys at Sidhe. Shatter is freaking awesome, everyone should play this game. Best soundtrack I've heard in a long time too.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
More people need to experience Amethyst Caverns (and Shatter).
Good news. And yay on the PSN version getting the new features as well.
I'll probably even double-dip!

wizword

Banned
Shatter is to brickbreaker games as Geometry wars is to twinstick shooters. Anyone that doesn't own a ps3 should definitely buy this on steam.

spats said:
Why would you even

I get where you're going, but in case you're not a PC gamer and you're being serious, many PC games these days have support for the 360 controller built in (button prompts and such).

Haven't played a breakout game since DX Ball. My roommates and I used to play it for high scores religiously.

It had a editor mode where we'd change the block pattern in the first level to read "Dave's mom is a whore" and he didn't know how to switch it back. :lol Good times.

Jim Stark

Neo Member
This is great news, this was going to be my first PSN purchase when I get my slim. Now I might just pick it up on PC. Between this and the steam sale it's becoming a great week for indie games.

Crisis

Banned
This game is actually really good. I'm glad it's going across multiple platforms because it's well worth playing. Great soundtrack also.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bought the soundtrack during the "pay what you want" sale. I'm desperate for this. Release it tomorrow/today! DO IT!

V_Ben

Banned
hey, everybody sitting on the fence about whether to buy this game, BUY IT. its utterly spellbinding!

gregor7777 said:
I get where you're going, but in case you're not a PC gamer and you're being serious, many PC games these days have support for the 360 controller built in (button prompts and such).

And here I was assuming he meant "why would you even question that?" I expect xpad support for all games that exist on console (unless if it's something that shouldn't be on console)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Moobabe said:
Might double dip on this.

Just about to jump on a plane, but I mentioned in the Steam thread that if PSN owners are looking to double dip please note we will be bringing the new modes back to the PSN version (no timeframe on that yet though).

C-Jo

Awesome game with an absolutely amazing soundtrack. I already have it on PSN, but I'm happy to see it getting more exposure. BUY THIS!

Xater

Mario said:
Just about to jump on a plane, but I mentioned in the Steam thread that if PSN owners are looking to double dip please note we will be bringing the new modes back to the PSN version (no timeframe on that yet though).

Awesome! <3

V_Ben

Banned
Mario said:

ssh. don't tell us that until AFTER we buy it :lol

but, yay at new modes. as if i needed another excuse to play shatter :D

jiggles

Banned
Mario said:

Hey, if I want to double dip, I'm gonna double dip.

<3 Shatter.

Top Bottom