• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter Official Thread

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
is there some sort of bug in the game where it gets your final score wrong? I was sure I got over 300 million, but the score in the leaderboards says 272 million.

Tonza

Just bought this and it's awesome. Especially the soundtrack.

Also I have to mention that the price is great. Too many games at PSN/XBLA cost 10/15.

Phew just beat this and got the Master Batter trophy. Beat the Xenon Queen my first shot. Played with headphones on and I must have been hypnotized the last few hours because I don't remember anything going on around me. Intense game. Worth 7.99 easily.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
navii said:
is there some sort of bug in the game where it gets your final score wrong? I was sure I got over 300 million, but the score in the leaderboards says 272 million.

As Agent X mentions, it takes about 10 minutes or so for the leaderboards to update properly.

When we get the leaderboards up on the official website, they will only update once every 24 hours.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Billen said:
This made me turn on the PS3 and purchase the game one minute ago.

Thanks. As I said in some interview somewhere, our approach to digital distribution is to view the world as a single global market, made up of many different demographics. As such, variances should be in localization, not pricing.

At this time, we'll be aiming for price parity for all regions for all future self published products, as long as our licensing and distribution agreements allow.

F#A#Oo

Banned
So I take it this is worth it?:D

My PS3 is being repaired atm...I should recieve it this coming week.

I plan on getting this and I would like to have some people on my list who I can aim to beat...so if anyone wants to add me so I can target your score and have some PM exchanges (friendly one's ;) if and when I do beat any scores (I might very not be that good.

Mr_Affluenza is my PSN ID.

Shearie

I absolutely rule every friends list leaderboard for this game except for Boss Rush which I don't like that much anyway. If anyone wants to give me some competition, send me a friend invite.

ACE 1991

F#A#Oo said:
So I take it this is worth it?:D

My PS3 is being repaired atm...I should recieve it this coming week.

I plan on getting this and I would like to have some people on my list who I can aim to beat...so if anyone wants to add me so I can target your score and have some PM exchanges (friendly one's ;) if and when I do beat any scores (I might very not be that good.

Mr_Affluenza is my PSN ID.

Yeah, it's totally worth it. It's an awesome game, but a little on the short side. Still, it's only $7.99.

krae_man

GOD DAMMIT.

I just got all the way to the 8th boss without continuing, had 280 million points, and just after the death blow:
000_0227.jpg

The Game freezes my whole system.

*Screams*

ACE 1991

krae_man said:
GOD DAMMIT.

I just got all the way to the 8th boss without continuing, had 280 million points, and just after the death blow:
000_0227.jpg

The Game freezes my whole system.

*Screams*

Oh my god.... My most sincere condolences.

krae_man

Okay I feel better now.

On my next playthough I beat the game without continuing and had a higher score then what I had when I reached the spot where my system froze on me. I finished with about 380 million.

You dont have to sleep with a gun under your pillow tonight Mario:lol

krae_man said:
Okay I feel better now.

On my next playthough I beat the game without continuing and had a higher score then what I had when I reached the spot where my system froze on me. I finished with about 380 million.

You dont have to sleep with a gun under your pillow tonight Mario:lol

I hope you can be comfortable by knowing 280 million actually wasnt THAT much ;P

krae_man

highluxury said:
I hope you can be comfortable by knowing 280 million actually wasnt THAT much ;P

I know, I'm in the top 100 with my current 380mil ish score though.

Still lots of room for imporvement.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Really?

-------------------------------------------

"August 18, 2009

Mario Wynands
Tyrone McAuley
Andy Satterthwaite

Gentlemen:

We represent William Shatner and it has come to our attention that you are planning to develop or have already developed and will soon place on the market for commercial sale a digital game utilizing our client's name and likeness as well as infringing on both Paramount's rights to the character "Captain Kirk" and Bob Dylan's rights to the song "Mr. Tambourine Man." See the site below:

Click here: Game Console - Krog: Sidhe Interactive to release 'Shatner' mod

Please be advised that you are to immediately cease and desist the further development, production, and or distribution of the game SHATNER or any other product that uses William Shatner’s name or likeness without first obtaining his approval.

We have notified both Paramount and Bob Dylan's representative of your intentions.

Please confirm receipt of this e-mail and your response to so cease and desist. Failure to do so will leave us no alternative but to commence legal proceedings.

Sincerely,

***************"

*sigh*

Okay then, I'll play.

"Hi Mr **************,

Thank you for your email.

The GameConsole "report" you reference is what is commonly referred to on the internet as a "joke". The article is a parody of our game, and has no basis in reality in that it does not in any way reflect our intentions for further development of the Shatter IP or relate to any official statement we have made relating to the game.

We have the upmost respect for Mr William Shatner and the licensing process, and if we had any intent of using rights related to either Mr Shatner, Star Trek, or Tambourine Man (which we do not) we would do so using the appropriate channels.

Please respond acknowledging your receipt and understanding of this message, and confirming you have notified both Paramount and Bob Dylan's representatives of your misunderstanding.

Regards

Mario Wynands

Managing Director
Sidhe"

Slaylock

:lol

I can just see William Shatner constantly googling his name to make sure it isn't used without adding some cash to his wallet.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mario said:
Really?

"August 18, 2009

Mario Wynands
Tyrone McAuley
Andy Satterthwaite

Gentlemen:

We represent William Shatner and it has come to our attention that you are planning to develop or have already developed and will soon place on the market for commercial sale a digital game utilizing our client's name and likeness as well as infringing on both Paramount's rights to the character "Captain Kirk" and Bob Dylan's rights to the song "Mr. Tambourine Man." See the site below:

Click here: Game Console - Krog: Sidhe Interactive to release 'Shatner' mod

Please be advised that you are to immediately cease and desist the further development, production, and or distribution of the game SHATNER or any other product that uses William Shatner’s name or likeness without first obtaining his approval.

We have notified both Paramount and Bob Dylan's representative of your intentions.

Please confirm receipt of this e-mail and your response to so cease and desist. Failure to do so will leave us no alternative but to commence legal proceedings.

Sincerely,

***************"

*sigh*

Okay then, I'll play.

"Hi Mr **************,

Thank you for your email.

The GameConsole "report" you reference is what is commonly referred to on the internet as a "joke". The article is a parody of our game, and has no basis in reality in that it does not in any way reflect our intentions for further development of the Shatter IP or relate to any official statement we have made relating to the game.

We have the upmost respect for Mr William Shatner and the licensing process, and if we had any intent of using rights related to either Mr Shatner, Star Trek, or Tambourine Man (which we do not) we would do so using the appropriate channels.

Please respond acknowledging your receipt and understanding of this message, and confirming you have notified both Paramount and Bob Dylan's representatives of your misunderstanding.

Regards

Mario Wynands

Managing Director
Sidhe"

:lol

krae_man

I kind of dont like how the multiplier builds. So many times I send my ball out break a shit load of bricks only to have a 2x multiplier hit my bat before the shards can get there. My multiplier will be like 3X, get bumped up to 6x by the 2x then all the shards will bring it up to 12x. It could have been 18x dammit.

Another suggestion regarding leaderboards. Do you think you could maybe add a "Ghost score"? What you're highest score on that stage ever was is a decent gauge of how well you're progressing so far when trying to get a high score, but a better gauge would be seeing what your score was at after 5 stages durring your previous best high score.

Same for your next target. Say the next high score I have to beat on my friends list is 392mil. That is a good thing to know, but it would be nice to see how my score after 5 worlds compares to what the score during that playthrough was after 5 worlds.

Tip for people: just like in the bonus mode, every time a ball hits your bat, it builds up your meter. So if you're just down to one brick, avoid it and play catch with yourself and build your meter up

Question: Can someone explain to me the "trick" to beating death blossom?

I saw a video where that boss got beaten in like 15 seconds. There's like a secret instant kill or something.

kassatsu

Banned
krae_man said:
Question: Can someone explain to me the "trick" to beating death blossom?

I saw a video where that boss got beaten in like 15 seconds. There's like a secret instant kill or something.
I have done that by having the ball trapped between a panel when it is being retracted back to the shell.

krae_man

kassatsu said:
I have done that by having the ball trapped between a panel when it is being retracted back to the shell.

That's pretty much what happened in the video. I thought it was a trick somehow since the bosses health went from like 90% to 0% pretty much instantly.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I bought Shatter and I have a question:

How does the scoring system work? Do you get less point for using the blow and suck mechanic? What about wall bouncing? Is it time related too? multi ball? Using shard storm infrequently?

Man, the 8th level boss is a bitch. I was finding the game pretty easy until that point, then he proceeded to kick my ass 2 or 3 times before I finally beat him.

STOP SHOOTING ME.

F#A#Oo

Banned
THE Caffeinated said:
BTW what's the general consensus here, D pad or analog stick ?

d-pad for me but that's only because it feels more natural to me...I don't know that it is better it just feels better.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
F#A#Oo said:
Cheers for that! I know it's a bit early and all but any chance of DLC coming for it?:D

We are fairly close to working out what we are going to do next with the game.

Agent X

THE Caffeinated said:
BTW what's the general consensus here, D pad or analog stick ?

I prefer to use the analog stick.

Also, I've been working on improving my Boss Rush times. Until yesterday, I couldn't beat 14 minutes (best was 14:01), but my latest time is around 12:13.

krae_man

Is there any reason why the last level just gives you a total score(which seems to include a 20 million point world clear bonus) instead of showing you how you earned everything(shatter storms, no walls touched bonuses etc) like all the other levels?

Foxtail

Neo Member
I like the game but I want more and more bosses. Way fun all the time, they need the make like 100 of these bad boys.

Augemitbutter said:
d-pad on these games, always.

I made a conscious effort to use the D-Pad like any normal person should, but then I eventually started using the analog stick without my knowing, weird. I blame Mario.

Top Bottom