• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter Official Thread

mrklaw

MrArseFace
got into this very late, after trying out hyperballoid and being disappointed with it, and quite liking the PSP mini arkanoid game.

Love it. The soundtrack is fantastic, and I love how they show you your friends scores as targets after each stage is complete - helps spur you on. After a bit of work I now have all the trophies except the boss mode one, and the highest scores on my friends list.

How many of you have the Boss Rush trophy? I can only see about 300 people on the leaderboard with times under 10 minutes, and I don't see any way I can achieve that, so I'll have to be satisfied with everything except that one.

kassatsu

Banned
mrklaw said:
How many of you have the Boss Rush trophy? I can only see about 300 people on the leaderboard with times under 10 minutes, and I don't see any way I can achieve that, so I'll have to be satisfied with everything except that one.
I have it :)

GWX

I've never played this game (no PS3 here), but...

DAMN. The soundtrack is awesome as fuck. I'm addicted.

Jubs

mrklaw said:

I have it, but I'm not on the leaderboard for some reason. I'm guessing it's because I wasn't signed on PSN when I achieved it.

I finally downloaded Shatter today and played through the first level. That's all I could take.

SENSORY OVERLOAD!

What a great game. But after the first level I seriously had to shut it off because I was finding it so intense. Now...that may have been the game, or it may have been me, or a combination of both. I have been feeling a little under the weather today.

But regardless, the music is incredible. I know people have been saying that for months, but holy crap is that music awesome. I wish I had gotten the soundtrack a little while back when they were (I think) offering it for free. Or at a reduced price, I forget.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
DidntKnowJack said:
But regardless, the music is incredible. I know people have been saying that for months, but holy crap is that music awesome. I wish I had gotten the soundtrack a little while back when they were (I think) offering it for free. Or at a reduced price, I forget.

It was a "Pay want you want from $1" promotion.

Shatter is a finalist in the Excellence in Audio category of the Independent Games Festival being awarded on March 11. Chances are we might do another promotion around that.

When we finally get the soundtrack up on PSN (being held up by me needing to do some logistical stuff right now) it will also be cheaper than it currently is at http://sidhe.bandcamp.com.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
DidntKnowJack said:
If and when it comes to PSN, I'll definitely pick it up. (In a matter of speaking.)

It will come (along with dynamic theme and other media) - it is just waiting for me to do the logistics, which will hopefully happen this week.

Zanosuke

Mario, i have two questions for you:

Do you have any clue when the OST will be available on the European (Swedish) store?

Can I copy the soundtrack from my PS3 to my MP3 player after I bought it through PSN, or do I have to buy it from Bandcamp for that purpose?

Btw, such an awesome game! I can't wait to see what your studio will do next ! :D

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Zanosuke said:
Do you have any clue when the OST will be available on the European (Swedish) store?

Probably around 4 weeks or so from now. No official date yet.

Can I copy the soundtrack from my PS3 to my MP3 player after I bought it through PSN, or do I have to buy it from Bandcamp for that purpose?

I think so (there isn't any DRM), but keep in mind the tracks are AAC not MP3 format.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
NinjaFusion said:
any news on the rumoured 360 version?

There won't be a 360 version, unfortunately.

be nice for as many people as possible to know how AWESOME this game is

Indeed, it would have been nice.

iPhone version is still on the cards, and the game will be coming to physical retail on PC.

That sounds the decision wasn't entirely made by sidhe. Is it possible Microsoft don't want it on their system because other systems got it first? That would be incredibly dumb.

Great game. I own the PS3 version.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Fortinbras said:
That sounds the decision wasn't entirely made by sidhe. Is it possible Microsoft don't want it on their system because other systems got it first? That would be incredibly dumb.

One day I'll tell the whole sordid, multi year story. It did not quite go down as you anticipate above.

In a related sidenote to your suggestion though, I believe there is only one example of a game released on PSN that later went on to XBLA - GripShift. Heh.

Mario said:
There won't be a 360 version, unfortunately.

Are you able to enlighten us as to why?

I would have double dipped (^_^) so +1 sale confirmed!!!

Seems like a massively good fit for XBLM / XBLA...?

...and while this might seem weird, playing on my PS3 it often 'feels' like it should be a 360 game.

BeeDog

NinjaFusion said:

I would have double dipped (^_^) so +1 sale confirmed!!!

...and while this might seem weird, playing on my PS3 it often 'feels' like it should be a 360 game.

What the hell?

Anyway, Mario, can you enlighten us whether or not the PS3 version will get an update to reflect the PC feature set?

Jax said:
this game and OST are grossly overrated.

7.5/10 for both.

PJE
has a much better OST

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

DOH.

Biff

Jax said:
this game and OST are grossly overrated.

7.5/10 for both.

PJE
has a much better OST
7.5/10 is what I was expecting before buying.. Not sure who oversold it to you... And I used this thread to judge whether or not to buy the game ;)

I'd call it an 8/10 game. Expectations were very reasonable to me. For $8, you can't go wrong with an 8/10 (or even 7.5/10).. amirite? $2/hour for 4 hours of consistent fun seems fair to me.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
NinjaFusion said:

Nope.

Yes, it would have been.

Beedog said:
Anyway, Mario, can you enlighten us whether or not the PS3 version will get an update to reflect the PC feature set?

Yes, the PC extra stuff will come to the PSN version. No timeframe on that yet.

jonabbey

Mario said:
One day I'll tell the whole sordid, multi year story. It did not quite go down as you anticipate above.

In a related sidenote to your suggestion though, I believe there is only one example of a game released on PSN that later went on to XBLA - GripShift. Heh.

MS have a problem with you guys using the PhyreEngine?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
ScHlAuChi said:
Free update or will it cost?

If we can get extra achievements and leaderboards into a patch rather than DLC then it will be free. However, that may not be possible, and the new modes would suffer if there weren't leaderboards.

jonabbey said:
MS have a problem with you guys using the PhyreEngine?

PhyreEngine has never been an issue.

clav

I'm thinking of buying this since this is a $2.50 special on Steam right now.

From the looks of it, it reminds me of Arkanoid and DX-Ball 1/2.

Luigiv

claviertekky said:

I just bought it and played through the first level; Totally worth it, go for it.

claviertekky said:

Oh my God. Stop thinking and buy it. The soundtrack alone is worth $2.50.

FatBaby

Hey I know I am late to the Shatter party but I just want to say how awesome the music is. Loved it so much that I made my very first Amazon MP3 purchase and bought the whole album. :)

Thanks Mario for the great game!

Rahk

Great game.

Is it not possible to change controls on the PC version though? I don't like the keys for multiball, shield and shard storm. Every key could just be assigned to the mouse.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Rahk said:
Is it not possible to change controls on the PC version though? I don't like the keys for multiball, shield and shard storm. Every key could just be assigned to the mouse.

You should be able to change controls in the Settings Editor.

MNC

Got the game in Steam, and so fucking awesome. I'm getting the hang of the scoring system and scoring itself and managed to get myself in the 300s global spots for Kinectic Harvest :lol

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Okay, new Shatter competitions. We are giving away packs including signed copies of Shatter PC, signed soundtrack, and signed never before released Shatter posters.

75182_10150097533057457_115850937456_7636098_5158006_n.jpg

Check out details on how to enter here (you can enter up to 3 times via our various websites).

Jos

Hi all,

Quick heads up, Shatter is on sale part of an indie pack over at Steam. For $4.95 you get 5 great indie games, including Shatter which is a 90% discount on the bundle!

Games included:

Shatter
Cogs
Droplitz
Puzzle Dimension
Tidalis

Normal cost for all $49.95

Indie sale price $4.95!!

Top Bottom